View Poll Results: Do you like WolfcamQL?

Voters
727. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Like WolfcamQL

676 92.98%
  • I Dislike WolfcamQL

51 7.02%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 159 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WolfcamQL :D

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by fraggedICE View Post
    Just got a new PC and I was wondering a couple of things...

1. The QL billboards are stretched, how can I fix this?
    2. With '/video avi' the audio & video isn't synced like it was on my old PC (but I'm still using the same config), any ideas on what's gone wrong?

Thx.
    1. I'd have to see a screenshot.
    2. I honestly don't know. My audio and video are always slightly out of sync (video is shorter than audio so I have to stretch it and match them up). It's the same in wolfcam and mme. I've never found a fix.

Senior Member fraggedICE is on a distinguished road
    http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4427/shot0000wg.jpg
    http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/1860/shot0001p.jpg

It may be exclusive to this map, I guess it can be fixed by replacing the billboards? I don't really want to replace them to anything fancy, but I can probably fix the scaling at least. I'm using the .pk3's copied directly from QL, so that's not the source of the problem.

I seem to have had some success with small 10s videos, they seem in sync, but any more and they are very out of sync, I'm wondering if it's the large avi option causing it, but I'll try some other things and report back here if I find a solution.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4427/shot0000wg.jpg
    http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/1860/shot0001p.jpg

It may be exclusive to this map, I guess it can be fixed by replacing the billboards? I don't really want to replace them to anything fancy, but I can probably fix the scaling at least. I'm using the .pk3's copied directly from QL, so that's not the source of the problem.

I seem to have had some success with small 10s videos, they seem in sync, but any more and they are very out of sync, I'm wondering if it's the large avi option causing it, but I'll try some other things and report back here if I find a solution.
    It looks like it just has the wrong billboard in it. I'd try replacing the billboards like you said.

Senior Member fraggedICE is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    It looks like it just has the wrong billboard in it. I'd try replacing the billboards like you said.
    How?
    I've never done it before! Do I need to use quakelivedec and change the .pk3? Do I need to use quakelivedec to get the correct billboard to put in? Is there a command for it in wolfcam?
    I could google this but I'm lazy lol

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    1) Download quakelivedec
    2) Put the 2 files in a folder that you can rename "QL Dec" (or just somewhere that you'll be able to get to easily)
    3) Go to your C:\Users\USER\AppData\LocalLow\id Software\quakelive\baseq3 folder (That's what it is if you have Windows 7--you'll need to change "USER" to your account name and you also need to allow hidden folders if you haven't already--click this if you don't know how to make them visible)
    4) When you are in the baseq3 folder, look for pak00.pk3 and copy it (paste a copy of the pak00.pk3 somewhere else on your computer where you'll remember in case you make a mistake some time--I have an "Extras" folder where I put mine)
    5) Paste the pak00.pk3 to the QL Dec folder (or wherever you have the quakelivedec application and .c files at)
    6) Open Notepad/Wordpad/Notepad++ and write quakelivedec pak00.pk3 pak00.zip
    7) Save the file as "pak00.bat"(save it in the same place as the quakelivedec application and .c file
    8) Go back to the folder where you have everything saved at and double click on the pak00.bat file--this will bring up a command prompt-like screen. (If it asks you to say y or n, say y--I don't believe it will tell you that the fist time, but I'm not positive)
    9) Now you should have a pak00.zip inside your folder where everything else is. Open the .zip and go to textures/ad_content
    10) Now you will see ad1x1.jpg,
    ad21x1.jpg, ad4x1.jpg, and ad8x1.jpg. Copy the 1x1, 2x1, and 4x1, and put then in the Extras folder that you made (or whatever you named it) in case you make a mistake some time.
    11) Make new ads via a picture editor and then paste them over the ads in the pak.00/textures/ad_content. When it asks if you want to replace them say yes (as you have the extras in the extras folder or wherever) (You don't need to make an ad8x1.jpg as it isn't used anywhere where it would be visible in a recording)
    12) Now that you've got the new ads created and everything looks good, go back to your text editor (Notepad/Wordpad/Notepad++ and edit the pak00.bat to say
    quakelivedec pak00.zip pak00.pk3. Save the file and then double click on it in the folder again. This time it will ask you if you want to overwrite the pak00.pk3. Say "y".
    13) Copy the pak00.pk3 from the folder and paste it into your Wolfcam's baseq3. (You will be overwriting the one currently in it.
    14) Open wolfcam and load any demo and make sure that the ads are visible.

Congrats, you have input ads into Wolfcam!
    (If you have any questions I'll be sure to answer them at some point )

How?
    I've never done it before! Do I need to use quakelivedec and change the .pk3? Do I need to use quakelivedec to get the correct billboard to put in? Is there a command for it in wolfcam?
    I could google this but I'm lazy lol
    *points at my earlier post*
    That *should* fix it. If not, I can send you the correct files (even though it's against the Terms of Condition )

(You just need to copy the pak00 from the baseq3 for Quake Live and paste it onto your Wolfcam baseq3)

Junior Member fgoldman9 is on a distinguished road
    Geez, could you get any worse angles for the screenshots? Why not just float right on over and take a screenshot that's completely lined up, and not from the other side of the map or a really weird angle?

Anyway, there are a lot of ads like this. Look at Campgrounds. There are some billboards that use different textures and shaders, and therefore are slightly misaligned. You can see it so much more clearly on Campgrounds, because the weird ads are on the bottom of the bridge, and there's a normal ad right beside it on the wall.

----

If you really want to replace the texture, you don't necessarily need to decrypt or unpack anything. You just need to make your own image/shader. You just need a texture in this directory: textures\ad_content\ad2x1.jpg. The shaders used in wolfcam are in scripts\wcad.shader.

I actually do recommend repacking all the .pk3s though. I mostly did it to save space on my pathetically small and slow harddrive, but because the QL maps are all in their own .pk3s, there are a lot of dupe textures and scripts and stuff. It's not a whole lot, but I turned ~650mb (all the premium maps + all the old qz- maps + all the paks) into ~444mb (a few cleverly named .pk3s of my own, in my baseq3). It also saves a bit of load time, but it's really only the kind of thing that matters when your computer is as bad as mine.
    Last edited by fgoldman9; 07-20-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Junior Member P0PS is on a distinguished road

wolfcam

Can someone help me ?

Where I can find thoes files ?

Also grenades wont spin. Here the script. Whats to fix ?
    Code:
    //GRENADE

weapon/grenade/flash {
    	color	1 0.7 0
    	size 300 + rand*32
    	light
    }

weapon/grenade/projectile {
    	//Render the grenade model
    	model		"models/ammo/grenade1.md3"
    	anglesModel
    }

weapon/grenade/trail 
    {
    	color	0 0 0
    	alpha	0.25
    	shader	smokePuff
    	rotate	360 * rand
    	distance 3 {										//distance 5	//emitter .8 
    		emitter rand * rand //rand * rand
    		{
    			alphaFade	0
    			size		8 + rand * 2 + lerp * 25 		//size		8 + lerp * 35        8ról 35re nől a füsti
    			sprite		cullNear
    		}	
    	}
    }

weapon/grenade/impact {
    	vibrate 70
    	sound	sound/weapons/rocket/rocklx1a.wav
    	//Mark on the wall, using direction from parent
    	shader gfx/damage/burn_med_mrk
    	size	50
    	Decal

// Animating sprite of the explosion
    	shader rocketExplosion
    	size 30
    	//Will be the light colour
    	color 1 0.75 0
    	emitter 1 {
    		Sprite
    		//size will goto zero after 0.5 of the time
    		size 300 * clip(2 - 2*lerp)
    		Light
    	}

shader	flareShader
    	alpha	0.9
    	color 1 0.5 0.1				
    	repeat 100*rand {
    		width 1
    		wobble	dir velocity 40 + rand * 30
    		scale	velocity velocity 200 + rand*50
    		size	50*rand*rand
    		emitter "0.5 + rand*0.5" {
    			moveBounce 250 0.6							
    			colorFade 0.9
    			spark
    		}
    	}

color 1 0.1 0.1			
    	repeat 50*rand {
    		width 1
    		wobble	dir velocity 40 + rand * 30
    		scale	velocity velocity 200 + rand*50
    		size	50*rand*rand
    		emitter "0.5 + rand*0.5" {
    			moveBounce 150 0.6			
    			colorFade 0.9
    			spark
    		}
    	}

}
    Last edited by P0PS; 07-21-2011 at 10:10 AM.

Member Pa1nK1LLeR is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by P0PS_ View Post
    Can someone help me ?
    post the script for plasma, and I'll tell you how to fix it.
    To make the nade spin:
    try to play with rotate command in weapon/grenade/projectile section.
    Brugal gave an example like this:
    Code:
    // input: velocity, dir (normalized), rotate, origin, angles, axis, size,
    //        team, clientnum, enemy, teammate, ineyes
    weapon/grenade/projectile {
    	// Render the grenade model
    	model		"models/ammo/grenade1.md3"
            // wolfcam need to do model rotation yourself
            if velocity {
               rotate time * 1000 / 4
            }
    	anglesModel
    }
    But imo this looks ****ty.

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    Jones used his own custom shaders for his fx scripts, but never released them. Open the xx.fx and do a search & replace for "iceball". Replace it with another shader, like flareshader (or mme/flare1, if you have the mme shaders).

Junior Member P0PS is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenIgnition View Post
    Jones used his own custom shaders for his fx scripts, but never released them. Open the xx.fx and do a search & replace for "iceball". Replace it with another shader, like flareshader (or mme/flare1, if you have the mme shaders).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY_YL-bBvYE
    1:04

Is this Jones' fx ? Its for sure not his yt account.

+ Reply to Thread