View Poll Results: Do you like WolfcamQL?

Voters
732. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Like WolfcamQL

680 92.90%
  • I Dislike WolfcamQL

52 7.10%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 160 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 ... LastLast

Thread: WolfcamQL :D

*Domino
    Quote Originally Posted by gpig View Post
    Looks much better now, thanks. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IQp8jzB9GI

Unrelated question: When playing Quake Live and recording demos, are there recommended settings? If I remember correctly setting sv_fps higher, or maybe it was a different command records more frames/stuff.
    I forgot that AA doesn't work with bloom on. so you still have jagged edges. IMO bloom doesn't look great in game. You can do all that stuff in post processing.

And idk about the 2nd part. I have my stuff at default. If you have really high ping your demo will lag but if you have normal ping and a normal fps then you should be fine.

you use cl_avidemoframes (i think that's the command) to raise the fps when you record avi.

Senior Member gpig is on a distinguished road
    So it must be the placebo effect, the AF, or something

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by gpig View Post
    Looks much better now, thanks. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IQp8jzB9GI

Unrelated question: When playing Quake Live and recording demos, are there recommended settings? If I remember correctly setting sv_fps higher, or maybe it was a different command records more frames/stuff.
    sv_fps has to be set by the server to make a difference. you could set yours to 1337, and it will still record the demo (online) at 40fps, because thats what the servers use.

cl_aviframerate changes how many frames per second you capture at. domino says 60 is super smooth, but really anything above 30 is fine (for rendering).

*Domino
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenIgnition View Post
    sv_fps has to be set by the server to make a difference. you could set yours to 1337, and it will still record the demo (online) at 40fps, because thats what the servers use.

cl_aviframerate changes how many frames per second you capture at. domino says 60 is super smooth, but really anything above 30 is fine.
    That's only if you render at 60 also. I personally don't go over 40fps when it comes to rendering. But i do cap at really really high fps.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    That's only if you render at 60 also. I personally don't go over 40fps when it comes to rendering. But i do cap at really really high fps.
    yeah i forgot to mention that

*po0tis_
    Thanks, this solved 4-6, but I still don't get

At 1. and 3.

Could you be a bit more specific? cg_fxfile just links to an fx script and I have no idea what to change in there, I couldn't find anything like "sparks" or "lgstyle" in q3mme.fx.
    Would be nice if you actually had a look at the file and told me what exactly to change.

At 2.

Maybe I wasn't being clear enough, my player/teammodels are fine but their colours aren't:

- My playermodel is teamcoloured insted of having the "sport" skin, in this case red.

- My teammodels are light green (0x00FF00) instead of just having a brightskin (visor/bright), which isn't plain light green.

Do you know how to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by po0tis_ View Post
    Thanks, this solved 4-6, but I still don't get

At 1. and 3.

Could you be a bit more specific? cg_fxfile just links to an fx script and I have no idea what to change in there, I couldn't find anything like "sparks" or "lgstyle" in q3mme.fx.
    Would be nice if you actually had a look at the file and told me what exactly to change.
    im no good at fx scripting. just search "lightning" and youll find it. there are hundreds of entries in that file, and i hardly ever play with them so i dont know exactly what theyre all called. just look around, and see what you see. to just remove all effects (which you prolly want to do, because i doubt you want any of them anyway), just use: seta cg_fxfile "" (in your config). if you set fxfile ingame, youll have to use fxload afterwords.

At 2.

Maybe I wasn't being clear enough, my player/teammodels are fine but their colours aren't:

- My playermodel is teamcoloured insted of having the "sport" skin, in this case red.

- My teammodels are light green (0x00FF00) instead of just having a brightskin (visor/bright), which isn't plain light green.

Do you know how to fix this?
    you cant change your model without changing the team. its forced/locked to the team color (crash/red). maybe i wasnt being clear enough: you need to change your own team via clientoverride (clientoverride 04 t 1), then you can play with the model all you want (in clientoverride or whatever. you cant change the demo taker's model inside the demo via the model cvar).

as for the teammate thing, there is no "brightskin" that youre looking for in QL. you would have to get a fullbright pak and use that. brightskins in wolfcam are brightskins in quake live. they use the same textures, the same models and the same shaders. theres a very small chance that youre using colorskins rather than brightskins, and to fix that set your team skins to "" (rather than color). that should fix it all.

Junior Member Geistly is on a distinguished road
    I can't seem to get any mouse movement in this either in the menu or freecam, help?

edit:Nevermind I fixed it. But my doods are purple.
    Last edited by Geistly; 03-17-2011 at 04:15 PM.

Senior Member vanBasten is on a distinguished road vanBasten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geistly View Post
    I can't seem to get any mouse movement in this either in the menu or freecam, help?

edit:Nevermind I fixed it. But my doods are purple.
    CG_ENEMYHEADCOLOR 0X-HEXCOLORCODE
    CG_ENEMYTORSOCOLOR 0X-HEXCOLORCODE
    CG_ENEMYLEGSCOLOR 0X-HEXCOLORCODE

FOR EXAMPLE FOR GREEN KEELS:

CG_ENEMYHEADCOLOR 0X00FF00
    CG_ENEMYTORSOCOLOR 0X00FF00
    CG_ENEMYLEGSCOLOR 0X00FF00

CHECK THIS HEX COLOR TABLE

http://html-color-codes.info/codigos...hexadecimales/
    "THE CHILI PEPPERS HAVE BABY APPEAL"

Member PitValid is an unknown quantity at this point
    MME_BLURFRAMES dont work for me ... has anybody a perfect cfg for me ?

and i cant use other models or weapons... so wolfcam crashed
    Last edited by PitValid; 03-18-2011 at 04:54 AM.

+ Reply to Thread