View Poll Results: Do you like WolfcamQL?

Voters
745. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Like WolfcamQL

693 93.02%
  • I Dislike WolfcamQL

52 6.98%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 161 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WolfcamQL :D

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by RandallFlagg View Post
    Hi, i only got one simple question. How to make fragmessages smaller? i really know how to use wolfcam, i know how to seperate fragmessages and make them smaller or change the direction of them, but only in tdm,ca or ctf. in duel you got the fragmessage + the "you are in 1st place with 123 frags"-message. but the only thing i can change is the fragmessage, so if i change it, fragmessage gets smaller or bigger, but the scoremessage still has the same size. As I said, in Teammodes everything is fine, it looks good. But in duel i got a seperate fragmessage and this ugly big ass piece of gruuuuar
    All i want to do is, make them both smaller, proportional. Like in osp, the command back then was ch_fragmessagesize or smth like that.
    to remove the "xxx place with xxx" message:
    cg_drawfragmessagestyle "2"

to change the frag message size:
    cg_drawfragmessagescale "0.24"

*amjw
    out of curiosity, kitten, how many hours have you spent doing something wolfcam related? you seem to know everything about it (or at least be able to answer every single question that is asked)

Junior Member hOdEnMann is on a distinguished road
    allready tried different styles, cant see any difference from 1-6, no change, i really dunno why... and i only can use the fragmessagescalecommand if fragmessageseperate is enabled, otherwise it also has no effect. im a bit frustrated cause i want to begin with my movie but i cant as long as the messages are that big

Quote Originally Posted by amjw View Post
    out of curiosity, kitten, how many hours have you spent doing something wolfcam related? you seem to know everything about it (or at least be able to answer every single question that is asked)
    i actually dont spend that much time with it. i mess around with the cvars every once in a while, and occasionally run into problems that make me learn a few things (no examples). I dont read the code, or spend every waking moment testing different combinations (for some reason im getting a spelling error message for the word "combinations"...) of different cvars.

i also dont have an answer to every question. the 2 things i know almost nothing about are: fx scripting, and camming.

so the answer to your question would be: i have absolutely no idea. i cant estimate time for ****. could be 4 dozen hours, could be 4 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by RandallFlagg View Post
    allready tried different styles, cant see any difference from 1-6, no change, i really dunno why... and i only can use the fragmessagescalecommand if fragmessageseperate is enabled, otherwise it also has no effect. im a bit frustrated cause i want to begin with my movie but i cant as long as the messages are that big
    take a screenshot or something. the 2 cvars to change pointsize/anything (for pretty much anything; the lagometer, the speedometer, the item timer, the frag message) are: cg_drawxxxxpointsize and cg_drawxxxxscale.

ill show you all my frag message settings. Mine are pretty small, and only show "you fragged %v", without the "x place with x". theyre also pretty small, with default font and all that stuff.

Code:
    seta	cg_drawFragMessageThawTokens "You thawed %v"
    seta	cg_fragMessageStyle "2"
    seta	cg_drawFragMessageSeparate "0"
    seta	cg_donka_rtcw_good_spellers "0"
    seta	cg_drawFragMessageX "0"
    seta	cg_drawFragMessageY "300"
    seta	cg_drawFragMessageAlign "0"
    seta	cg_drawFragMessageStyle "6"
    seta	cg_drawFragMessageFont ""
    seta	cg_drawFragMessagePointSize "16"
    seta	cg_drawFragMessageScale "0.24"
    seta	cg_drawFragMessageTime "3200"
    seta	cg_drawFragMessageColor "FFFFFF"
    seta	cg_drawFragMessageAlpha "255"
    seta	cg_drawFragMessageFade "1"
    seta	cg_drawFragMessageFadeTime "256"
    seta	cg_drawFragMessageTokens "You fragged %v"
    seta	cg_drawFragMessageIconScale "1.0"
    the result (in a duel):

wolfcam 7.2 is out

this one had some pretty heavy changes/fixes.

the main cvars are as follows:
    • clearscene: removes all blood/rails/smoke in the scene
    • cg_gibsparkscolor.... the name says it all. uses hex colors. a modifier cvar is: cg_gibsparkshighlight.
    • cg_simpleitemsscale, self-explanatory: changes the size of simple item icons.
    • cg_drawfoe, set to 1 to draw an arrow above enemy heads. set to 2 for a wallhack effect.
    • r_singleshadername. you can replace every texture with one specific texture, such as green or transparent (for chroma keying etc.), it has some advanced options too.
    • r_fastskycolor, changes the color of the sky when r_fastsky is on, so theres no need for a greensky .pk3 anymore. uses hex colors.
    • cg_gunsize. changes the size of the gun from first person POV, there's also cg_gunsizethirdperson for sizes while in freecam/thirdperson.
    • cg_kickscale is finally here! no more screen knockback when hit!

the main changes are:
    • entities cleared while rewinding or fast-forwarding (blood, rails etc.)
    • +vstr and ++vstr (+vstr is obvious, ++vstr sets an interval between each occurrence)
    • new QL crosshairs
    • gillz duel scoreboard
    • scr_conspeed > con_conspeed
    • smoother camera movements
    • extended fx scripting (no info here, go to the esr thread or the readme for more info)
    • camera fix for stalling at each cam point

one of the biggest updates to date ill be adding all the new cvars to my config, and updating my esr profile with it, if anyone is interested. ill be using mostly defaults, but some things will be changed to my taste.

ill also be updating my custom .pk3, and uploading that as well (ill remove the green sky textures from it).

we need people to hang out in our (my) irc channel

#wolfcamQL on quakenet.

Junior Member rkng is on a distinguished road
    Quick question, how do I remove the "Player joined X team" and "Use item" messages? I can't seem to find the cvar for it

Quote Originally Posted by rkng View Post
    Quick question, how do I remove the "Player joined X team" and "Use item" messages? I can't seem to find the cvar for it
    i dont think thats possible yet.

actually, somewhere in my config, i have that set, and someone asked the same question a while ago, but ive completely forgotten what it was. i had to do a cvar_restart and test like 3 dozen cvars. dont really wanna do that again....

imo, the use item message shouldnt be removed. the "this ***** joined this team" message can go, and i know it can be removed, i just forget how. ill try and find it and post back here with it.

right, i found the solution. There is no way to directly remove that text. The only solution is to set cg_drawcenterprint to "0", then set cg_drawfragmessageseparate to "1". This will remove _all_ centerprint text (there isnt much thats important though), so beware. Also, youll have to align the frag message, and tweak it to your liking. There are different types of alignment, and some of them kinda mess it up, depending on how long it is (sometimes it aligns to the left or right, so if you frag someone with a 2-character name, it will hardly expand to the right, as opposed to someone with a 26-character name).

Found it in one of my conversations with Kripp on msn. thanks kripp \o/

Senior Member Chibers will become famous soon enough Chibers's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot and keep doing something wrong but, when I go to launch the app, I get this.

Couldn't load default.cfg. copy console to log?

and when I say yes or no...

Assertion failed!

Program: ...
    File: code/sys/sys_main.c
    Line: 149

Expression: ex == 0

...wut
    #TATW
    It's more fun when you're mellow

+ Reply to Thread