out of curiosity, kitten, how many hours have you spent doing something wolfcam related? you seem to know everything about it (or at least be able to answer every single question that is asked)
allready tried different styles, cant see any difference from 1-6, no change, i really dunno why... and i only can use the fragmessagescalecommand if fragmessageseperate is enabled, otherwise it also has no effect. im a bit frustrated cause i want to begin with my movie but i cant as long as the messages are that big
i also dont have an answer to every question. the 2 things i know almost nothing about are: fx scripting, and camming.
so the answer to your question would be: i have absolutely no idea. i cant estimate time for ****. could be 4 dozen hours, could be 4 hours.
ill show you all my frag message settings. Mine are pretty small, and only show "you fragged %v", without the "x place with x". theyre also pretty small, with default font and all that stuff.
the result (in a duel):Code:seta cg_drawFragMessageThawTokens "You thawed %v" seta cg_fragMessageStyle "2" seta cg_drawFragMessageSeparate "0" seta cg_donka_rtcw_good_spellers "0" seta cg_drawFragMessageX "0" seta cg_drawFragMessageY "300" seta cg_drawFragMessageAlign "0" seta cg_drawFragMessageStyle "6" seta cg_drawFragMessageFont "" seta cg_drawFragMessagePointSize "16" seta cg_drawFragMessageScale "0.24" seta cg_drawFragMessageTime "3200" seta cg_drawFragMessageColor "FFFFFF" seta cg_drawFragMessageAlpha "255" seta cg_drawFragMessageFade "1" seta cg_drawFragMessageFadeTime "256" seta cg_drawFragMessageTokens "You fragged %v" seta cg_drawFragMessageIconScale "1.0"
wolfcam 7.2 is out
this one had some pretty heavy changes/fixes.
the main cvars are as follows:
- clearscene: removes all blood/rails/smoke in the scene
- cg_gibsparkscolor.... the name says it all. uses hex colors. a modifier cvar is: cg_gibsparkshighlight.
- cg_simpleitemsscale, self-explanatory: changes the size of simple item icons.
- cg_drawfoe, set to 1 to draw an arrow above enemy heads. set to 2 for a wallhack effect.
- r_singleshadername. you can replace every texture with one specific texture, such as green or transparent (for chroma keying etc.), it has some advanced options too.
- r_fastskycolor, changes the color of the sky when r_fastsky is on, so theres no need for a greensky .pk3 anymore. uses hex colors.
- cg_gunsize. changes the size of the gun from first person POV, there's also cg_gunsizethirdperson for sizes while in freecam/thirdperson.
- cg_kickscale is finally here! no more screen knockback when hit!
the main changes are:
- entities cleared while rewinding or fast-forwarding (blood, rails etc.)
- +vstr and ++vstr (+vstr is obvious, ++vstr sets an interval between each occurrence)
- new QL crosshairs
- gillz duel scoreboard
- scr_conspeed > con_conspeed
- smoother camera movements
- extended fx scripting (no info here, go to the esr thread or the readme for more info)
- camera fix for stalling at each cam point
one of the biggest updates to date ill be adding all the new cvars to my config, and updating my esr profile with it, if anyone is interested. ill be using mostly defaults, but some things will be changed to my taste.
ill also be updating my custom .pk3, and uploading that as well (ill remove the green sky textures from it).
Quick question, how do I remove the "Player joined X team" and "Use item" messages? I can't seem to find the cvar for it
actually, somewhere in my config, i have that set, and someone asked the same question a while ago, but ive completely forgotten what it was. i had to do a cvar_restart and test like 3 dozen cvars. dont really wanna do that again....
imo, the use item message shouldnt be removed. the "this ***** joined this team" message can go, and i know it can be removed, i just forget how. ill try and find it and post back here with it.
right, i found the solution. There is no way to directly remove that text. The only solution is to set cg_drawcenterprint to "0", then set cg_drawfragmessageseparate to "1". This will remove _all_ centerprint text (there isnt much thats important though), so beware. Also, youll have to align the frag message, and tweak it to your liking. There are different types of alignment, and some of them kinda mess it up, depending on how long it is (sometimes it aligns to the left or right, so if you frag someone with a 2-character name, it will hardly expand to the right, as opposed to someone with a 26-character name).
Found it in one of my conversations with Kripp on msn. thanks kripp \o/
I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot and keep doing something wrong but, when I go to launch the app, I get this.
Couldn't load default.cfg. copy console to log?
and when I say yes or no...
Expression: ex == 0