View Poll Results: Do you like WolfcamQL?

Voters
739. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Like WolfcamQL

687 92.96%
  • I Dislike WolfcamQL

52 7.04%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 156 of 160 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 154 155 156 157 158 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1599

Thread: WolfcamQL :D

Member n8_Mills is on a distinguished road
    Thank you, I'll give that a try

OK, Wolfwhisperer is pretty darned helpful. A couple of things, though, I see that if I spec then I can't follow anyone else. Can I jump my camera around as though I am speccing a match? Also, when I get hit the demo goes almost fully white-screen for about 10 seconds after hit. So if I get into an LG duel I essentially see nothing of it in the demo. Is there a setting to resolve this?

example:

Hmmm if I play the demo using wolfcam only then this isn't an issue... maybe it's a WolfWhisperer setting.

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by n8_Mills View Post
    I've clicked all over for a list of commands / hotkeys, to no avail. Why not have a simple page that shows all the default hotkeys for wolfcam, and the commands available with description? Not even the wolfcam site has this, and the multilingual guide listed in the first post is missing this is well.

It seems like the most basic requirement to understand the program. No GUI and no immediately available comprehensive list makes this a challenge to learn.
    What exactly are you looking for? I made a promise many months ago that I would work on my cvarlist again, but only started a couple days ago. I should be able to answer any questions you have personally, and they will also be answered when I'm finished.

I'm trying to understand how I can follow my guy around in the third person, pause/ fast forward/ rewind, put the name of the person who is being followed in the HUD, how to turn on the kill notification in the HUD, "excellent" and "impressive" badges... just for starts.

I'm new to demos and nothing is simple.

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    I'm trying to understand how I can follow my guy around in the third person, pause/ fast forward/ rewind, put the name of the person who is being followed in the HUD, how to turn on the kill notification in the HUD, "excellent" and "impressive" badges... just for starts.

I'm new to demos and nothing is simple.
    Depending on what you mean by, "follow in third person", you could simply be talking about "/freecam", or you could be talking about "/chase". Type "/players" in the console, then "/chase <number> <x offset> <y> <z>".

Pause, fastforward, and rewind are all their own commands. "/Fastforward 20" would fastforward 20 seconds. "/Rewind 20" would rewind 20 seconds. Simple enough.

If you're following someone via "/follow", use wolfcam_drawFollowing to show the player name. I think cg_drawFollowing would override that, and display the name at all times, whether you're using "/follow", a spectator, or the player themself. You can move it around via cg_drawFollowingX/Y etc.

Assuming you haven't turned off cg_draw2D, then the frag message should always be visible. Make sure cg_drawCenterPrint is set to 1, or that you're using cg_drawFragMessageSeparate to control it as its own entity.

And as for the medals, I don't know what you're talking about.

P.S. Magenta is awesome.

Senior Member EARTH_QUAKE is on a distinguished road EARTH_QUAKE's Avatar
    I'm trying to understand how I can follow my guy around in the third person
    Also try cg_thirdperson 1

but please don't use it much, it looks stupid

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    cg_thirdPerson "" //Switch to third person view
    cg_thirdPersonAngle "" //Third person view camera angle on Z-axis towards player
    cg_thirdPersonRange "" //Maximum distance the third person view is from the player

full credit goes to kitten
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Thanks for the feedback, and sorry for the delay, I got busy. As for the medals/badges when I hit two rails in a row I get that "excellent" and the blue rail logo/badge/medal pops up on my HUD. I'm wanting to make frag films so I want it to show when hits are occurring. I had a guy send me his demos and all that stuff is turned off in his config, it doesn't show when I play back.

Senior Member EARTH_QUAKE is on a distinguished road EARTH_QUAKE's Avatar
    As for the medals/badges when I hit two rails in a row I get that "excellent" and the blue rail logo/badge/medal pops up on my HUD. I'm wanting to make frag films so I want it to show when hits are occurring. I had a guy send me his demos and all that stuff is turned off in his config, it doesn't show when I play back.
    First thing first: the player (who recorded the demo)'s config has utterly nothing to do with the data stored in the demo. If something's missing, it's in your wolfcam config file (wolfcam-ql/q3config.cfg).

Secondly, if you want us to help you, you'll need to be very clear about what your problem is. Are the excellent and impressive medals missing or not? If you have got cg_draw2d "1" and cg_drawstatus "1" then you should definitely be able to see medals.

+ Reply to Thread