View Poll Results: Do you like WolfcamQL?

Voters
745. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Like WolfcamQL

693 93.02%
  • I Dislike WolfcamQL

52 6.98%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 141 of 161 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1607

Thread: WolfcamQL :D

Senior Member HUK is on a distinguished road
    My bad eng is biggest barrier to understanding, but I hope it will be understood
    In your opinion, and some people - Vegas has a limited resample, so the above video more 100fps (it is also likely 30fps x more 3.33) is not good for 30fps. 30fps at speed x2, x3 similar to resample 60fps, 90fps to 30fps in the opinion of many people. Therefore I capture slow 0.1 speed 30fps and in vegas by increasing the rate speed to x10 of 2 passes, the first pass - 30fps x3 (<100fps), the second pass is the same video 30fps x 3,33(<100fps) eventually received a quality vegas resampling 300 >> 30, But in the course of the experiment, I realized that it was unnecessary measures and 300fps >> 30fps in a single run in Vegas the same 30fps x3.33 x3 of 2 run
    Here are the results of my tests that say that vegas is not limited to 100fps for resampling. By the screenshots can be seen that the more fps - more divided picture.

60 to 30

100 to 30

200 to 30

400 to 30

Video. Nonsense that visually by smooth 100fps = 200fps = 400fps and not super smooth.

I use differents converters - ripbot x64 2pass, megui, XviD4PSP 5.0 (x264 3pass) xvid two and 1 pass - but this not add smooth.
    In the treasury to add this evidence - 2 years ago I did not make films, but for the experiment, I resampling 200fps and 300fps video of counter strike in vegas so 300fps looked much smoother.

So I realized that my wolfcamql`s cfg is bad, because it has no tricks for capture smooth video.
    Last edited by HUK; 05-16-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    I am curious as to what would happen if you recorded at say 60 fps in timescale 0.5, then re-recorded the video itself at 2x speed (at say 60 or 30 fps) if this would produce a smoothing effect. The same thing could be tried with 120 fps timescale 0.5.

Has this been done? Does it have any effect?

Member Mango is on a distinguished road
    Maybe we are misunderstanding on what you mean by 'smooth'

Because to me the only real difference that I see between your videos and the videos that you are trying to achieve look 'smooth' in the way the blurframes are supposed to work, but the video looks 'messy' because it is encoded poorly.

When you are standing still the video looks good. As soon as you start moving the quality looks horrible. This could be due to a variety of reasons but maybe your biggest downfall is that you need to encode the video at a much higher rate than what you have been. Quake is a bit faster and more frantic than cs so theres a lot of flicking around you got to adapt different encoding styles. I'm still trying to learn myself. One thing i DO know is that the youtube's encoding recommendation settings are based on real life video that doesnt move as much, which has less colors and details to contend with. I'll experiment with some stuff and let you know how i go.

Thanks all

I solved the problem. Cfg and not affect the smoothness of vegas. Ping affects the smoothness in which where recorded demo. The worse ping - less useful for fps capture. I recorded a demo at 1 ping at 200fps blur 0, and here's the result. A previous bad video - demo of 70 ping, so it was not possible to make smooth video. It makes sense to make the table depending on the desired fps ping.

But problem 2:
    Perhaps there is an improver for demo-files that were recorded in bad ping?
    Last edited by HUK; 05-16-2013 at 08:33 PM.

you can experiment with:
    cg_demoSmoothing: Smoothens laggy demos. Normal: 1, Debug: 2
    cg_demoStepSmoothing: move up steps smoothly instead of stuttering up and down
    cg_smoothClients: Smooth out other player's movement when they are experiencing packet loss.
    Last edited by Mango; 05-16-2013 at 10:16 PM.

Senior Member EARTH_QUAKE is on a distinguished road EARTH_QUAKE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    I am curious as to what would happen if you recorded at say 60 fps in timescale 0.5, then re-recorded the video itself at 2x speed (at say 60 or 30 fps) if this would produce a smoothing effect. The same thing could be tried with 120 fps timescale 0.5.

Has this been done? Does it have any effect?
    Recording at timescale 0.5 60fps would be the same in terms of frames as 120fps timescale 1, however because during timescale sounds are played at regular speed, when you sped up the 0.5timescale video the sound would be veryy weird...

I agree with Mango here, I think your issue is encoding quality not literally framerate. REMEMBER youtube only supports 30fps, so rendering higher than that is likely to have little effect once in youtube. But I know formats such as wmv try to prioritize quality based on the frames that are moving fastest (hence most blurred), and encoding slow moving frames worse because they have less effect. Maybe this conversation can continue elsewhere, because the wolfcam part of it has been finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Mango View Post
    cl_avicodec huffyuv
    Thanks 14sec 60fps 720p ~ 1gb is good, but color lost in huffyuv, how make? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2WiT...ature=youtu.be no yelloy color
    Last edited by HUK; 05-17-2013 at 06:57 PM.

that video looks like it has been colorised to turn reds into blue post processing in sony vegas/after effects. Evident by the blue rocket symbol top left when someone gets killed, the blue quake live logo, and the blue vertical flag that is next to the railgun. these are all red by default.

you can experiment with:
    cg_demoSmoothing: Smoothens laggy demos. Normal: 1, Debug: 2
    cg_demoStepSmoothing: move up steps smoothly instead of stuttering up and down
    cg_smoothClients: Smooth out other player's movement when they are experiencing packet loss.
    Thanks, but these commands have not helped smooth out the demo with ping = 70. So video capture is still not smooth for demos with bad ping. For q3 demos solution is a program "q3demo smoother", but it does not support ql demos dm_73, dm_68- only support.

that video looks like it has been colorised to turn reds into blue post processing in sony vegas/after effects. Evident by the blue rocket symbol top left when someone gets killed, the blue quake live logo, and the blue vertical flag that is next to the railgun. these are all red by default.
    In virtualdub or vegas huffyuv is problematic color - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2WiTMFqAoQ , but when see wolfcam `s video output, the colors are normal.

I actually had to install the Windows 7 (64 bit) Huffyuv codec in order for Sony Vegas to recognise it. Got it from here:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/squid_80/huffyuv64.zip

+ Reply to Thread