View Poll Results: Do you like WolfcamQL?

Voters
745. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Like WolfcamQL

693 93.02%
  • I Dislike WolfcamQL

52 6.98%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 158 of 161 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1608

Thread: WolfcamQL :D

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EARTH_QUAKE View Post
    Also note that you can do this in wolfcam by typing

Code:
    cvarsearch crosshair
    You can then make alterations and see the change immediately. It's a good idea so that you don't make config changes that mess stuff up and can't remember which cvar it was.
    Code:
    cvarlist *crosshair*
    has worked in q3/quakelive since forever

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    Code:
    cvarlist *crosshair*
    has worked in q3/quakelive since forever
    I remember when I asked brugal to add that command, and the next day I learned about that functionality. But he had already added it

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    hehe, oops.

You probably know these now then too, but for others - there is also cmdlist that works the same way. and 'find' searches the current console log.

Senior Member EARTH_QUAKE is on a distinguished road EARTH_QUAKE's Avatar
    Wow, great piece of info! I've actually been moaning to myself about how there *wasn't* a ql equivalent to cvarsearch

By the way (I'll post this here on the off chance) I'm working on a detailed description and explanation for FX scripting in wc (mostly relevant to q3mme too), but I'm missing info on a few things, as CaNaBiS never documented it (quote: "documenting is boring"), and brugal just documented what he added.

How does perpendicular <input vector> [output vector] work, you can't just make a perpendicular vector in 3d space! Perhaps it's made perpendicular, and rotated randomly around <input vector> ? Just put your thumb up, index finger out and middle finger left like the right hand rule and you'll see what I mean.

What precisely does angle (used when drawing a quad, I know angle 45 will draw 4 quads or something) do? and I think they're unrelated, but angles and parentangles ?

I can't seem to get alphafade or colorfade to do anything.

I'm sure that the gravity part of movebounce <float gravity> <float bounce factor> doesn't do anything.

The way that shaderlist selects shaders seems to be bugged (i.e. shaderlist rand doesn't choose each equally often.

Also pop and pushparent, something like "take the value of this variable from the parent"? :>

And finally the options for sprite and spark:

[firstPerson] [thirdPerson] [shadow] [cullnear] [cullRadius] [depthHack] [stencil]

Some of these I can guess, others I have no idea.

If any FX ninjas read this, could you give me a hand :>

I'd ask rEnk to come help you out, but I haven't seen him in forever. He was going to teach me how to do fx scripting a long time ago.

I know, he truly is the master \o/ I'll leave him a message on youtube (which appears to still be active) and hope for the best. The benefit to 'the community' here could be huge o.o Do you know how he learnt it all? Obviously a lot of time spent, but perhaps he knew CaNaBiS well?

/end fx subthread (for now)

I know, he truly is the master \o/ I'll leave him a message on youtube (which appears to still be active) and hope for the best. The benefit to 'the community' here could be huge o.o Do you know how he learnt it all? Obviously a lot of time spent, but perhaps he knew CaNaBiS well?

/end fx subthread (for now)
    I'm pretty sure a lot of the older moviemakers/experienced MME users were around from the early days of the mod, so they would have had a lot of time to learn, and would have known him better than anyone can now, since he's basically gone forever.

On another note, if you know C, you can read through either the MME or Wolfcam source, since they're both available.

Junior Member drowningidiot is on a distinguished road
    Does anyone know how to fix the missing texture issue with wolfcam and campgroundsintel?

Quote Originally Posted by drowningidiot View Post
    missing texture issue with wolfcam and campgroundsintel?
    campgroundsintel has new textures in, which I assume are contained in the latest pakXX.pk3 file rather than in the map.pk3 file itself, not sure why they do that but meh. Just copy over the missing pakXX.pk3 file from quakelive to wolfcam's baseq3 and it should work.

campgroundsintel has new textures in, which I assume are contained in the latest pakXX.pk3 file rather than in the map.pk3 file itself, not sure why they do that but meh. Just copy over the missing pakXX.pk3 file from quakelive to wolfcam's baseq3 and it should work.
    They do it because not every texture/shader on that map is completely new. A lot of them are from cityy's other CTF map, Fluorescent.

+ Reply to Thread