Hello friends,

I just wanted to let everyone (who cares) know that I am trying to get back into Quake and more specifically, Wolfcam. I am trying to make some videos, of much higher production quality than those I've made in the past, and for this I also need to work on Wolfcam. The things I will be doing will be a lot like what I did before: collating data and making it easy to access and understand. I'm getting some help from friends this time around, so I won't be releasing some crappy config file with comments. I will be making a Wolfcam-equivalent of the Ultimate Quake Live Console Guide.

Over the next few days, I will be trying to remake my Wolfcam cvarlist, and enter it into a nice, clean database. From there, I will make a frontend, and though it will probably look like crap, it will have all the necessary functionality that you want from an interactive cvarlist.

If I do finish this, I intend to make a FAQ, with answers to questions such as how to make camera paths in Smireboule Camtrace 3D, and using all the external tools and strange techniques that I use, though it is my belief that nobody should really do the things I do. There is always a better way to do it; I just don't know how.

For anyone who is interested, HERE is an offsite demo renderer. You need to make an account to use it, but I assure you, it is a very handy piece of code. Planned features include rendering from and to certain times in the demo (these are limitations in Quake and not the program itself), and the ability to add certain cvars yourself, among others.

Anyway, I've said what I wanted to say. It's time I got back to After Effects so I can learn how to make videos that don't look like crap.