View Poll Results: Do you like WolfcamQL?

Voters
726. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Like WolfcamQL

675 92.98%
  • I Dislike WolfcamQL

51 7.02%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 147 of 159 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1585

Thread: WolfcamQL :D

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road

Lightbulb

Hello friends,

I just wanted to let everyone (who cares) know that I am trying to get back into Quake and more specifically, Wolfcam. I am trying to make some videos, of much higher production quality than those I've made in the past, and for this I also need to work on Wolfcam. The things I will be doing will be a lot like what I did before: collating data and making it easy to access and understand. I'm getting some help from friends this time around, so I won't be releasing some crappy config file with comments. I will be making a Wolfcam-equivalent of the Ultimate Quake Live Console Guide.

Over the next few days, I will be trying to remake my Wolfcam cvarlist, and enter it into a nice, clean database. From there, I will make a frontend, and though it will probably look like crap, it will have all the necessary functionality that you want from an interactive cvarlist.

If I do finish this, I intend to make a FAQ, with answers to questions such as how to make camera paths in Smireboule Camtrace 3D, and using all the external tools and strange techniques that I use, though it is my belief that nobody should really do the things I do. There is always a better way to do it; I just don't know how.

For anyone who is interested, HERE is an offsite demo renderer. You need to make an account to use it, but I assure you, it is a very handy piece of code. Planned features include rendering from and to certain times in the demo (these are limitations in Quake and not the program itself), and the ability to add certain cvars yourself, among others.

Anyway, I've said what I wanted to say. It's time I got back to After Effects so I can learn how to make videos that don't look like crap.

Senior Member EARTH_QUAKE is on a distinguished road EARTH_QUAKE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenIgnition View Post
    videos that don't look like crap.
    [+] for the post, judging from your efforts in the past this all will be a great resource to the wolfcam scene (there is a wolfcam scene, right?). No need to beat yourself up

Junior Member qdbp is on a distinguished road qdbp's Avatar
    ii

Anyone know the cmd to take the reward that appears above your head away? (impressive, excellent....)
    got it right once, forgot to save the cfg :/

but most of all, when in freecam, and you frag someone, theres a number 1 that floats up.... any idea what that cmd is? to remove that?

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    Hello friends,

I just wanted to let everyone (who cares) know that I am trying to get back into Quake and more specifically, Wolfcam. I am trying to make some videos, of much higher production quality than those I've made in the past, and for this I also need to work on Wolfcam. The things I will be doing will be a lot like what I did before: collating data and making it easy to access and understand. I'm getting some help from friends this time around, so I won't be releasing some crappy config file with comments. I will be making a Wolfcam-equivalent of the Ultimate Quake Live Console Guide.

Over the next few days, I will be trying to remake my Wolfcam cvarlist, and enter it into a nice, clean database. From there, I will make a frontend, and though it will probably look like crap, it will have all the necessary functionality that you want from an interactive cvarlist.

If I do finish this, I intend to make a FAQ, with answers to questions such as how to make camera paths in Smireboule Camtrace 3D, and using all the external tools and strange techniques that I use, though it is my belief that nobody should really do the things I do. There is always a better way to do it; I just don't know how.

For anyone who is interested, HERE is an offsite demo renderer. You need to make an account to use it, but I assure you, it is a very handy piece of code. Planned features include rendering from and to certain times in the demo (these are limitations in Quake and not the program itself), and the ability to add certain cvars yourself, among others.

Anyway, I've said what I wanted to say. It's time I got back to After Effects so I can learn how to make videos that don't look like crap.
    good stuff

//Generated by KittenIgnition and Domino
    //Modify as you see fit.
    //Version 0.5
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Quote Originally Posted by qdbp View Post
    Anyone know the cmd to take the reward that appears above your head away? (impressive, excellent....)
    cg_drawrewards "0"

theres a number 1 that floats up.... any idea what that cmd is? to remove that?
    cg_scoreplums "0"
    (brugal doesn't know how to spell "plume" I presume)

scoreplums worked today? weird, but DrawRewards is 0
    you know im talking about the reward icon that appears in freecam, above the players head?

might have to make a transparent .png and replace the original, booo.

anyways thanks earth gg

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Adderall View Post
    good stuff

//Generated by KittenIgnition and Domino
    //Modify as you see fit.
    //Version 0.5
    It's funny because Domino had almost nothing to do with that. His input consisted of opinions on a few cvars.

Quote Originally Posted by EARTH_QUAKE View Post
    cg_scoreplums "0"
    (brugal doesn't know how to spell "plume" I presume)
    That isn't Brugal's doing. That cvar is in baseq3 as well, and it's spelled the same. I'm fairly certain he hasn't touched it.

might have to make a transparent .png and replace the original, booo.

anyways thanks earth gg
    Yeah that's where I'd go next, sorry that cvar didn't work for you :/
    Anytime man

That isn't Brugal's doing. That cvar is in baseq3 as well, and it's spelled the same. I'm fairly certain he hasn't touched it.
    Ah ok, this may be a historical typo or perhaps it means something o.0

Quote Originally Posted by EARTH_QUAKE View Post
    Yeah that's where I'd go next
    lol and where would that be, i'v looked in every pk3 file.. need mana for the round 2 searching mission.
    :/ <-- this face

lol and where would that be
    Sorry I should have helped

menu/medals/medal_X

X = impressive, excellent, defend, capture, gauntlet etc

Can I once again point to: http://auri.co.uk/files/quake/skins/...e-textures.zip
    Where you can download all default textures (or pretty damn close to all) in structure so finding textures to override is easy...

+ Reply to Thread