+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: QL DEFRAG MAPS - Movement Training by Freakkilla

Junior Member fat3 is on a distinguished road
    Post it if you got it.

Member risen is an unknown quantity at this point
    Would love to see some actual speedrun styled maps too, but this is a great initiative, thanks!

Senior Member BuzzBlade is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarossa View Post
    You seem not to know what you are talking about. I am using different linux distros for like 15 years now. making that baseq3 directory (containing the .pk3's) READONLY isn't scary at all neither is making it writeable for an update.
    Even in windows you have to make the file readonly to keep it.
    So, your suggestion is not to use this great map at all?
    Very bad idea!
    I said make a copy and copy when needed.

Also why make the whole directory read only? Just make the file permissions so.

I wasn't saying anyone should install gentoo, it will consume your time. And I have all kinds Distro in virtual machines,... maybe my perspective is security and control based, thinking they have a checklist of some sort that deletes bad files, and overriding this isn't a good idea by default. Anyhow salute.

Senior Member filo is on a distinguished road filo's Avatar
    ... nice job putting all this together. Thumbs up!

Senior Member barbarossa is on a distinguished road barbarossa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzBlade View Post
    I said make a copy and copy when needed.

Also why make the whole directory read only? Just make the file permissions so.

I wasn't saying anyone should install gentoo, it will consume your time. And I have all kinds Distro in virtual machines,... maybe my perspective is security and control based, thinking they have a checklist of some sort that deletes bad files, and overriding this isn't a good idea by default. Anyhow salute.
    Well, the strange thing is, that making a/the file readonly does not prevent it from getting deleted. Copying the file does only work if the plugin already was started, otherwise it gets deleted on startup and it will get deleted as soon as you quit the QL-game. We will see how QL will remind me to make the directory writeable again during the next update

Regards!
    Last edited by barbarossa; 08-18-2012 at 10:05 AM.
    drunk member of drunk clan obviously drunk, lacking any accuracy

Senior Member Raz0rblade is on a distinguished road Raz0rblade's Avatar
    Demo time

All attached files are flawless runs at advanced paths (u dont count if i take 2-3 attempts for initial jump, or?

I dont think anyone in the Quakelive community can perform a complete run at at hard section with no misstakes. For 15-A2 i took 300+ trys....

Im putting this in a sepperate post because its not flawless (failed at very last part of 13 ) and i can only attach 5 files to a post...

Edit: managed doing part 11A flawless with speed.
    Edit2: add part 12A to complete it. Nothing new, its just as in Freaks last vid.
    Last edited by Raz0rblade; 08-18-2012 at 05:26 PM.

Junior Member fat3 is on a distinguished road
    big bumps to freak

Member Mireru is on a distinguished road
    Hi, i really like the maps but how do i play them as a dev maps? I can play the part with rockets / plasma because i die too quick. I still dont undersnd why you did it like that, why not just have all the maps separate so you could run them just like /map *mapname* or /devmap *mapname* whats the reason behind having the /exec stuff?

For weapon map: start a CA practise game and do /exec freaktrainweaps. U get invulnerable to selfdamage and can pickup items. It loads different than a CTF game

+ Reply to Thread