+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: QL DEFRAG MAPS - Movement Training by Freakkilla

*Ahu_Lee
    It says "Couldn't exec NAME"

The file freaktrainfull.pk3 is READ-ONLY and located here C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\id Software\quakelive\home\baseq3 (Win XP)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Ahu_Lee; 12-06-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Member FrEaKKiLLa is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahu_Lee View Post
    It says "Couldn't exec NAME"

The file freaktrainfull.pk3 is READ-ONLY and located here C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\id Software\quakelive\home\baseq3 (Win XP)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
    I am not really sure, the correct command to execute with preset settings is: /exec freaktrain

*Enkihl
    Hi freakkilla,

THANK YOU! I am playing since a longer time now. With your freaktrainb2r I made the bridge to rail first time and now...it works...1 out of 3 attemps. Guess I got it now

Cheers
    Kinetic_Dyslexi

Member FrEaKKiLLa is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkihl View Post
    Hi freakkilla,

THANK YOU! I am playing since a longer time now. With your freaktrainb2r I made the bridge to rail first time and now...it works...1 out of 3 attemps. Guess I got it now

Cheers
    Kinetic_Dyslexi
    Awesome, I'm glad I could help! I had a lot of fun testing these maps before release and B2R training was one of the parts that helped my in game play greatly by practicing short range strafe jumps.

Member rbn is on a distinguished road rbn's Avatar
    Nice maps, thanks!

Junior Member kips is on a distinguished road kips's Avatar
    hi! plz upload not encrypted pk3 for current quakelive version! thank you!

Junior Member lotk is on a distinguished road
    Hello

I am interested playing practice maps, but I'm not an expert using Quake Live, so my question sound perhaps stupid (even if I think there is no stupid question ^^).

Is there no problem having "non-standard" pk3 files in quake live folder ? I mean, do I risk being kicked because my baseq3 folder contain such files ? I suppose there is no problem but I prefer asking because I do not know what kind of files checking quake live do.

Thanks for the answer.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lotk View Post
    I am interested playing practice maps, is there no problem having "non-standard" pk3 files in quake live folder ? I mean, do I risk being kicked because my baseq3 folder contain such files ? I suppose there is no problem but I prefer asking because I do not know what kind of files checking quake live do.
    It's perfectly fine having whichever files you want in addition to the game files, however if you put a q3 pak file in there you might get an error (FS_loadzip or something) and the game will not load. If this happens simply remove the file.

Recently quake live removed its encryption from the pk3 files, so a lot of old custom maps will not work until they are decrypted and then zipped and given the .pk3 extension. This is pretty easy to do if you know how (just use quakelivedec).

Junior Member lotk is on a distinguished road
    Tanks you Lorfa for the quick answer and additional informations. I have found a thread on quakelivedec, doesn't look complicated.

Edit : I have managed to made the maps worked, thanks again. And Thanks to Freakkilla for the maps.

Bye
    Last edited by lotk; 09-08-2014 at 06:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread