+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Quake Live plugin always crashes

*Xerh
    I looked in my inernet security settings and nothing seems to prevent quake live to run, I may have missed it but I doubt that's the problem. Then I tried running quake live with both my anti virus and my firewall disabled and it still didn't work, and as for UAC, it doesn't exist on XP I believe.
    And finally, I tried to run the game via a new windows user called "Mika", before that I uninstalled quake live plugin and all the quake live data on my old windows user and reinstalled it on the new one, and guess what ? Plugin-container.exe encountered an issue and had to close, and when I looked at the error report on google chrome, it was pretty much the same as the one I posted, with "Mika�l\" being replace by "Mika\"...
    I really thank you for you help but nothing seems to work for me :/

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    When exactly does it crash? So you select practice game, and you press start to start the game, do you immediately get a plug-in crashed? Does it take a few seconds? Is there a palette change, or resolution adjustment? Do you see a grey screen for a second?

*Xerh
    Well, it's kinda different everytime, so I tried 5 times in a row and here are the results :

1st try : On the top right end of the loading screen the timer goes up to 2 seconds left and it suddenly writes back to website instead of the timer, the quake live screen (where the game is supposed to be seen) takes the same color as background and one or two seconds later, i get the plugin-container.exe crashed message (exactly like that image ) followed by the message asking me to reload the page.

2nd try : At about 6 seconds left the timer continues to go but i have the plugin-container crashed message, followed by the message asking me to reload the page.

3rd try : Same as 2 but occured around 8 seconds left, and I don't get no message asking me to reload the page so I have to close/restart firefox to try again.

4th try : The timer goes till the end and the quake live window shows up (not in fullscreen) with the only option to quit, and when I click on it it asks me "Quit Quake Live ?" I click yes and I get the plugin-container crashed message, i click do not send (btw by the time i don't click on do not send my computer is lagging as hell) and get the reload screen plus the quake live screen is replaced by a grey screen where it's written in french : The QUAKE LIVE plugin has crashed. No report available. Reload the page to try again, just like that image.

5th try : same as 4th, without the message asking me to reload the page, like it happened in the 3rd try.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Reinstall or update your graphics drivers.

ig4icd32 has to do with open GL, and it looks like the second the game tries to do anything open GL wise it crashes.

Senior Member crogeek is on a distinguished road crogeek's Avatar
    Reinstall your OS completely, reinstall D3D runtimes, reinstall graph. drivers, motherboard drivers all until latest version and in the end update your OS to the latest version with all Microsoft Update patches.
    Secondly, when I see that people are using WinXP then I say "this must be old(er) hardware", so in that occasion that's right solution.
    And WinXP is too damn old OS, and it's security risk for malware. Windows 7 is much better in that kind of topic.
    There's no better place than (127.0.0.1) HOME. . .

QUAKE 2 INSTAGIB WILL STAY FOREVER IN MY MEMORY (1997 - 2002)

Junior Member Joerodrigues is on a distinguished road
    desculpe estar postando em seu tópico não lhe oferecendo ajuda , é que tenho o mesmo problema idêntico ao seu ,usava normalmente o quake live no chrome ,más depois da ultima atualização ficou com esse erro de plug-in , tem algumas vezes que insisto ai o jogo entra , más sem som e com a imagem toda bagunçada .......

Quote Originally Posted by Joerodrigues View Post
    desculpe estar postando em seu tópico não lhe oferecendo ajuda , é que tenho o mesmo problema idêntico ao seu ,usava normalmente o quake live no chrome ,más depois da ultima atualização ficou com esse erro de plug-in , tem algumas vezes que insisto ai o jogo entra , más sem som e com a imagem toda bagunçada .......
    Maybe try Firefox as a temporary workaround?

Junior Member jjinx is on a distinguished road
    If the issue still consists: Just had the same issue today ("QuakeLive caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005) in module", problems with plugin container...), could not join any server as well. Yesterday I changed my graphic card settings of nvidia gtx 560, so I just turned back to default and now it works. Maybe any of your graphic card settings causes your troubles as well. Did not find out which of the settings is responsible yet. But I guess you will find the cause in your nvidia control panel.

*nikson
    i cant play quake live ethier always when i try to play online it says connecting to than ip adress of server and awating gamestate.i have windows 7 and i dont know what to do please help me

Quote Originally Posted by nikson View Post
    i cant play quake live ethier always when i try to play online it says connecting to than ip adress of server and awating gamestate.i have windows 7 and i dont know what to do please help me
    Try bringing down the console with CTRL+ALT+~

Then type \reconnect

See if that works.

+ Reply to Thread