+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Grapple for premium?

*Orkan1

Grapple for premium?

If I get a premium membership... can I create a server with a grapple/instagib rail that we can play on privately?

Some friends and I want to get a taste of what we used to play over a decade ago...

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    Grapple is still being worked on although I played on a server with Sponge recently and it was working pretty good. There are still some glitches apparently.

*Orkan1
    Wow. I'm surprised to hear that. Instagib grapple MADE quake 3 for us. Disappointing to hear that it's not available, considering how long quakelive has been running.

Can you perhaps point me at a guide to setup an instagib rail server using the regular Q3A game? We've all still got our disks!

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    Grapple is still being worked on although I played on a server with Sponge recently and it was working pretty good. There are still some glitches apparently.
    offhand too?

anything about improving airacceleration, so it's just like in cpm, qw or q2 lfire ctf?

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YMCMB View Post
    offhand too?
    Isn't the current "implementation" (like activating the remains of grapple code on a /devmap) offhand?
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    Not entirely sure what you mean by offhand...

@OP: http://maverickservers.com/game_hosting.html (it's not cheap though)

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    Not entirely sure what you mean by offhand...
    Not a primary/on-hand weapon but something you can use at all times, for example firing rockets while at the same time grappling all over the place.

Youtube says it'll probably be on-hand, sigh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE4WDqt8u3I

Ah yeah, it was basically treated as another weapon for now, didnt ask if that was just while it was being developed or if it's a permanent thing.

*r1dd
    Hi, I'm the lead of the Q3 mod Loki's Revenge CTF - www.lrctf.com

If anyone could put me in touch w sponge, we will gladly open-source our codebase if it helps at all in the dev work!!! Seriously hoping for some off-hand hook action in quake live!!!!!

I spoke with him Sat eve, really cool guy.

*r1dd
    Cannot seem to contact, but bump nonetheless....

+ Reply to Thread