+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Strogg Invasion Mode

Junior Member Stiffy360 is on a distinguished road
    sounds pretty awesome.

also mabey we can have it where if a player's health drops to zero, teammates can ''revive'' him like in freeze tag, and its game over when all players are dead, its game over.

let's sign a petition for ID to make a co-op gametype

Senior Member MexicanPadre is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiffy360 View Post
    mabey we can have it where if a player's health drops to zero, teammates can ''revive'' him like in freeze tag, and its game over when all players are dead, its game over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    - custom maps designed for the mode
    - carefully worked out wave compositions so that it incrementally gets more difficult
    - some kind of scoring system
    - an advancement system, maybe spawn with gauntlet and then 'earn' better weapons as you progress through the waves or actually be able to upgrade the current weapon sets
    http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Zombies_(mode)

^ More like this, eh? But I would like to see more Strogg related stuff in the game.

Senior Member YourDead is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangeEnigma View Post
    I have an idea for a co-op game mode for Quake Live. It's called Strogg Invasion, and it's similar to the Invasion mode found in UT2004. The main difference, however, is that players will work together to fight against legions of Strogg troopers. (The Stroggs would be from Quake II, but remade for the Quake III Engine.)

After every four waves, there will be a boss battle against a Strogg superboss that can sustain fire from multiple enemies at once. (Let's use the Makron as an example) The boss will appear a few seconds after the fifth wave starts, attacking and wreaking havoc with the rest of the Strogg forces.

After the boss fight is over, the next set of four waves will consist of stronger enemies. The game will last for a total of fifteen to twenty waves of increasing difficulty. (Twelve to sixteen standard waves, three to four boss battles.) After the final boss is defeated, the match will be over.

Well, that's all I've got so far. Feel free to comment and toss in some ideas of your own.
    I cut teeth on this back in the day of my UT play.
    Great idea!

+ Reply to Thread