+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Strogg Invasion Mode

*StrangeEnigma
    Quote Originally Posted by JC8 View Post
    what about a insta invasion mode for the insta fans
    That wouldn't work out too well. One of two things would happen. Either:

A) Only the players would get Instagib Rifle, making the game too easy (every Strogg including the bosses would get killed in one hit.), or
    B) The Stroggs would have Instagib Rifles as well, making the mode WAY too difficult to sit through.

To be honest, mutators like Instagib and Buckshot might work brilliantly with competitive multiplayer gametypes, but in co-op modes like Invasion, they tend to ruin gameplay for complicated reasons.

*StrangeEnigma
    Quote Originally Posted by JC8 View Post
    you could do also just do it for free users :/
    What he's saying is that, if the devs were to actually do the work necessary to create Invasion mode for Quake Live, they'll probably make it a Premium Only feature, since it'd take so much time and effort to produce.

Still, it'd be a good idea to make it available for the free community since, like he said, it'd be a great way to introduce free users to the game, as well as an excellent alternative to the other more competitive game modes.

Member emilie is on a distinguished road
    hey -
    your strogg invasion idea is also kind of like the 'Big Boss' mode in Brawl Busters game I play.
    In that mode, there are 4 players on a team and the team takes on the 'Big Boss' and all his zombie minions.

It is wicked fun, but agonizing difficult. I think I have played that mode 50 times and won maybe 2 times.
    Squirrelly helped out our team a couple times too - that was fun.

i luv slaying zombies! crazzzy funny.

anyway, maybe your strogg invasion idea will someday become a mode in QL. you never know!

*StrangeEnigma
    Quote Originally Posted by emilie View Post
    hey -
    your strogg invasion idea is also kind of like the 'Big Boss' mode in Brawl Busters game I play.
    In that mode, there are 4 players on a team and the team takes on the 'Big Boss' and all his zombie minions.

It is wicked fun, but agonizing difficult. I think I have played that mode 50 times and won maybe 2 times.
    Squirrelly helped out our team a couple times too - that was fun.

i luv slaying zombies! crazzzy funny.

anyway, maybe your strogg invasion idea will someday become a mode in QL. you never know!
    I appreciate the moral support. Thanks!

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    And they were beaten to it by TF2 with their new 'Mann Versus Machine' update: www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4cfo0f88Ug

*StrangeEnigma
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    And they were beaten to it by TF2 with their new 'Mann Versus Machine' update: www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4cfo0f88Ug
    Wow...Same core idea, but......taken in a totally different direction. Impressive...

*StrangeEnigma
    I just want to clarify one thing I didn't really speak on too much. Invasion ISN'T a competitive multiplayer game mode. It's a co-op mode similar to Horde or Survival. In a typical Invasion match, up to thirty enemies are usually on screen at once, so things tend to get really hectic. If you want to see what Invasion looks like in other games, here are some links.

DOOM/Skulltag Invasion ("Futur War" WAD)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKB0Pj-vhJo

UT2004 Invasion (RPG Invasion Mod)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIePXIbI574

UT3: Death Warrant - Monster Mash III
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCgvNriyZs0

If anyone still has any questions, comments or suggestions (related to an Invasion Mode for Quake Live) feel free to post them here.

Member Ohn0es is on a distinguished road
    I support this idea.
    Arena is full. Team size is currently set to 8.

*StrangeEnigma
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohn0es View Post
    I support this idea.
    Glad to see you do. Thanks.

*StrangeEnigma
    Quote Originally Posted by EroticSumo View Post
    No thanks, Zombie-like game modes ruin first person shooters. Go play L4D.
    This isn't like zombies or Left 4 Dead or any of that **** you're referencing. This is meant to be like Invasion in UT2004.

+ Reply to Thread