+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: QUAKE LIVE at QuakeCon 2012

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    I have one thing to add.

What a final! CYPHER CYPHER CYPHER

Duel open final was good too! Especially Hektik did its job.

Senior Member Asuka_ is on a distinguished road Asuka_'s Avatar
    lol the final was epic, insane matches, Dahang did a great Job and dominate him the first 2 matches but Cypher, man what a comeback, hes a beast!. Great final, so far the best Quake matches i have ever seen.
    Quake Live
    Asuka
    My Youtube

Junior Member backbonevz is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the spoilers, but what about VODs ??

Senior Member Asuka_ is on a distinguished road Asuka_'s Avatar
    Quake Live
    Asuka
    My Youtube

Member dru1d is on a distinguished road
    Great final, it was shame dm13 was a bit of an anti climax but at the end of T7 you could tell from the way DaHanG fired rockets into the wall after Cypher got that frag in overtime, then shook his mouse after he'd called gg that he was really frustrated. It must have annoyed him when he missed that rail when he caught Cypher off guard facing the wrong way, then not making that jump when Cypher was chasing him. Cypher played awesome though, kept a cool head throughout.

I'm glad somebody did record the match as there is still no official vods, what a surprise.

Junior Member roennow is on a distinguished road
    Just before Carmacks keynote didn't Todd say that you would be able to subscribe monthly or quarterly after quakecon?

*function9
    Quote Originally Posted by roennow View Post
    Just before Carmacks keynote didn't Todd say that you would be able to subscribe monthly or quarterly after quakecon?
    2013 and 2014 are after quakecon. :P It'll be interesting to see how quickly they can implement the changes.

Senior Member DragQueen is on a distinguished road
    Did they even show DOOM 4 at QuakeCon like they promised?

*PurpleDax
    Quote Originally Posted by roennow View Post
    If that happens I'll subscribe immediately.

*ehehe
    Its not just europeans that are upset about not being able to see the matches. I searched evvvvvvvvverywhere and couldn't find a simple schedule that even told when the last of the groups and the round-of-16 and round-of-8 matches were being played. After checking every 20-30 mins during the keynote, I finally later come upon two guys casting some previously demos of the freaking semi-finals that were just done using follow killer. So, someone who worked as hard as they could to find out when the matches were, and trying to find any way to see them, and went into hiding to not have the results spoiled, just wasn't able to see anything except the two semi-final matches which the casters accidentally blurted the results of during the cast and couldn't really feign any kind of excitement about the games.

Nevermind getting to see zero4, chance, sparks, or dkt play any playoff matches, or see several of the players play at ALL.

Anyway, the final was incredible and great, and it was fun to feel so nervous and tense during those games since they WERE LIVE and the results weren't already known. Just wish this tournament wasn't so totally and completely bungled. How hard is it to have two streams? One of the keynote, and one of the tournament which is all some of us care about. No offense to carmack but 4+ hours of programmer babble is NOT what a lot of us are interested in. It's the GAMES. That we PLAY and watch.

Anyone who says this wasn't a totally huge failure is simply wrong.

+ Reply to Thread