+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: QUAKE LIVE at QuakeCon 2012

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by everamzah View Post
    I guess what I'm saying is: We live in different timezones and if you miss it, you miss it
    Problem was: the games were played while he was giving the keynote. There was no other stream and nobody was recording commentary, but someone was posting results on (SPOILER!) Twitter and (SPOILER!) tournament page, which meant we knew all the results before seeing Quake at all. And it was impossible to escape the spoilers while sitting on IRC, you'd need to go completely offline :)

Zoot & co. did record spectator demos with timers and follow killer on, which is a good idea for situations when many games clash, but that's not the same as local recording of VODs while the game is being played. You really lose most of the excitement.

After JC's keynote, the stream was offline for an hour while semifinals were being played. Not even a spinning logo :(

And then the guys went online and started playing back demos and commentating, but let's face it: all they could do was getting excited over good shots because everyone knew the results in advance...

It's QuakeCon, so we're used to capture card with tearing (don't they know you need to turn vsync on?) and 200 ms video delay compared to audio (good thing I watch with MPlayer), but at least they could record casting locally, to preserve the real atmosphere of the tournament. Really, props to them for recording all those demos, but it's not the same...
    Quote Originally Posted by everamzah View Post
    - and you can wait for the videos to come online just like me.
    You better hope that vods will be available faster than vods of QuakeCon 2010 ;)

Senior Member Asuka_ is on a distinguished road Asuka_'s Avatar
    Those Spoilers are amazing O:!
    Quake Live
    Asuka
    My Youtube

Member dru1d is on a distinguished road
    duel tournament coverage was absolutely disgraceful. Still no vods? Waste of time, dreamhack make you look like retards, they run all kinds of games flawlessly, you can't even cover one game without it being a colossal fail.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dru1d View Post
    Still no vods?
    Give them a break, they were democasting up to something like 3 AM local time yesterday.

Senior Member Chibers will become famous soon enough Chibers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nephie_cc View Post
    Be kind to those you love
    and be kind to those you don't
    But for God's sake, you gotta be kind ^4 ...
    That's the spirit!

I should start *****ing when Dreamhack comes around, since matches usually start at about 4am my time, and that's not the best with my schedule.
    #TATW
    It's more fun when you're mellow

Senior Member Verletzer is on a distinguished road Verletzer's Avatar
    I love the European tears in this thread.

Senior Member jayP is on a distinguished road jayP's Avatar
    It's kind of ironic that they call it Quakecon, there's no more quake games in the foreseeable future and they don't really have a lot of quake on the streams. It's probably a good time to change the name of the convention, maybe BethesdaCon or NewGameMarketingCon

*Nss4
    Well, still no VOD's from playoffs? Im dissapoint! If someone find it post link here ASAP.

Member dru1d is on a distinguished road
    Can somebody with screen capture software or xsplit please record the finals and upload them somewhere?

A set of demos would have made alot of people happy yet it was too much to ask. They can upload a 4 hour video to youtube but can't put a few small demo files in a zip and upload it to a free file sharing site. It would have taken all of 5 minutes since you obviously have the demos already because the casters were casting over them which is a joke in itself tbh. To be fair the 2nd day went well, I enjoyed the CTF coverage but I'm pretty sure that only happend because the community demanded an alternate stream to watch the games on otherwise it would have been another night with only a couple of matches streamed live. Why is it like this every year? Is it the same guy every year who messes this up for all the quake viewers?
    /rant

Anyway I hope somebody can record the games for the people who will miss them, because we will be waiting forever and a day for any vods or demos.

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by dru1d View Post
    Is it the same guy every year who messes this up for all the quake viewers?
    Pretty much yeah

+ Reply to Thread