+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: QUAKE LIVE at QuakeCon 2012

Member dru1d is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolMike View Post
    Is there any way to watch any of the duel matches other than the finals?
    No, there isn't.

but I can only find VODs of the final 5 maps.
    Indeed, and even those had to be screen captured from the stream by a member of the community for our enjoyment! LOL gg
    They release the vods just at that moment when we collectively don't care about them anymore.
    Last edited by dru1d; 08-08-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Is there any way to watch any of the duel matches other than the finals? I was hoping to watch a few more recent duels with some commentating, but I can only find VODs of the final 5 maps.
    They just released the demos.

http://www.esreality.com/post/230631...masters-demos/

*ehehe
    Right? my posts were definitely whiny, I admit, but the points stand. You wanna see any of the playoffs live? Too bad. You wanna see even half of the playoffs at all? too bad. You wanna find a schedule easily? too bad. You wanna stream that isnt 240p and laggy? too bad. you want the links on the site to go to the right stream? too bad. You wanna take quake seriously anymore? anep

not sure what i want anyone to even say in response, its over and we are all just sad it wasn't better. but maybe next year it will be different if we complain enough. :c

Junior Member boOgyman is on a distinguished road
    ID does not care. ID hates you all. Have a nice day.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Official VOD archive (as a YouTube playlist): http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE422D3FC44490D78

It's not complete when I post this, apparently still being uploaded. Has nice intros and stuff, worth checking out!

Senior Member Goser is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lam View Post
    Official VOD archive (as a YouTube playlist): http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE422D3FC44490D78

It's not complete when I post this, apparently still being uploaded. Has nice intros and stuff, worth checking out!
    perfect! thx a lot!

Senior Member Ph4nt0m is on a distinguished road Ph4nt0m's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lam View Post

Cool stuff! Would they be adding some videos for CTF too? I only know of a couple with Rapha's POV where he's the defender.
    The mighty oak was once a little nut that stood it's ground

*SgtBrutalisk
    Quote Originally Posted by jayP View Post
    It's kind of ironic that they call it Quakecon, there's no more quake games in the foreseeable future and they don't really have a lot of quake on the streams. It's probably a good time to change the name of the convention, maybe BethesdaCon or NewGameMarketingCon
    Had you read "Masters of Doom", you'd understand why. Gaming hasn't been a part of the culture at ID software since Carmack leveraged other partners to kick John Romero out.

John Carmack is a genius programmer, but doesn't give two flying ****s about gaming because to him, games are merely a means to an end: creating a virtual reality immersion tool.

P.S. No citations, go read the damn thing.

+ Reply to Thread