+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: New QuakeLive sucks!

*MacsPower
    >>Funny how people tend to explain their own lack of skill by the stupidity of a game.
    I never claimed to be a skillful player so skill MATCHING should MATCH me against other non-skillful players.
    Jumping is poorly implemented. I could beat Usain bolt over 100 metres if he were jumping and I were running yet Quake makes no allowance for this Perhaps ID could organise a race :-) Have a look at some war footage you don't see the soldiers bouncing around the battlefield. The excessive jumping in Quake ruins the game as does the cheating. People won't subscribe until they know the game is fair. Would you join a poker site if you thought the other players could cheat?

Senior Member vurun is on a distinguished road vurun's Avatar
    People won't subscribe until they know the game is fair. Would you join a poker site if you thought the other players could cheat?
    Strafe jumping is not a cheat. It's a widely known feature that came from a bug Any player can perform these jumps with no 3rd party software if he is skilled enough.
    Perhaps ID could organise a race
    Try Defrag
    Have a look at some war footage you don't see the soldiers bouncing around the battlefield
    Quake is nowhere near those modern combat "simulators". It is arena shooter.
    I could beat Usain bolt over 100 metres if he were jumping and I were running
    Technically running is repeated jumping
    VG278HE@144Hz + EC2evo + Manticor + Lycosa+ SS Siberia v2

QL doesn't need more tiers, it needs more players (С)

*OMGJCABOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by MacsPower View Post
    >>Funny how people tend to explain their own lack of skill by the stupidity of a game.
    I never claimed to be a skillful player so skill MATCHING should MATCH me against other non-skillful players.
    Jumping is poorly implemented. I could beat Usain bolt over 100 metres if he were jumping and I were running yet Quake makes no allowance for this Perhaps ID could organise a race :-) Have a look at some war footage you don't see the soldiers bouncing around the battlefield. The excessive jumping in Quake ruins the game as does the cheating. People won't subscribe until they know the game is fair. Would you join a poker site if you thought the other players could cheat?
    Funniest thing I've read in a long time. Thanks for this.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 06-18-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Junior Member Meowenstein is on a distinguished road
    oh man, this guy right here is the exact reason why competitive FPS's suck so much nowadays. not since cold fusion has anyone ever been so wrong about a thing

EDIT: also complaining about non realistic jumping in a game with plasma guns, railguns, lightning guns, BFG, gauntlet, jump pads, aliens, cyborgs, eyeball walking on its arms, mega health, quad damage, rocket jumping, grenade jumping, plasma jumping, teleporters...
    Last edited by Meowenstein; 06-16-2013 at 04:59 PM.

*ktm
    >>Have a look at some war footage you don't see the soldiers bouncing around the battlefield.
    Go play Call of Duty or Battlefield. You don't deserve to play Quake.

Senior Member TriOpted is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    And is an alternate account of a banned player.

whoa sponge is a banned player?

+ Reply to Thread