+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New QuakeLive sucks!

Senior Member DragQueen is on a distinguished road
    Yeah, I should've spent more time on it. There are in fact 4 parts of the community; the free players, the trolls, the cheaters and the premium/pro players.

Banned sneferu is on a distinguished road
    well, i am not really playing since last update. i belive every1 here know more or less why. in my work when we comit crappy update we just reroll to previous version, and do it before customers try to use it... so i belive id software refuse to do so.

well. so lets put quake live out of the table.

any1 would be interested in ut2004 ?
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 03-06-2013 at 03:08 PM.

Senior Member Lolzy will become famous soon enough Lolzy's Avatar
    any1 would be interested in ut2004 ?
    Single saddest thing on these forums lately. When somebody proposes to play Unreal on FRIGGIN QUAKE FORUMS, you bet the game is in a bad state. Even more so, the community itself.
    Q * ]Q[* Q]|[A * QL
    ...and still playing!
    JOIN THE DRUNK CLAN!
    Remember, if you happen to join our clan, you can be drunk during each and every match in QL and GET AWAY WITH IT.
    http://qldrunkclan.proboards.com/

lets C H I L L !
    Visit and ask Doc for your medication.
    http://qlchill.proboards.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    In ql the other weapons started to shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by HabeebDaPro View Post
    anywas hope rocket lawnchairs r neffed, becuz they mak me mad n get iolet so no noob can spam nd win like idot

*StrangeEnigma
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Single saddest thing on these forums lately. When somebody proposes to play Unreal on FRIGGIN QUAKE FORUMS, you bet the game is in a bad state. Even more so, the community itself.
    Unreal Tournament 2004 is in NO WAY a bad game, but you're still right. It's definitely the first time I'VE seen it happen, anyway.
    To be perfectly honest, I hate what this game has become. The free players are whining about why they can't get the full game for free. The Premium/Pro players are whining about the free players. Here's a good question: When is the whining going to end?!
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 03-06-2013 at 03:09 PM.

You probably haven't played it, lol.

You probably haven't played it, lol.
    I mean, what didn't I play? Shore, my romance with UT ended @ UT and UT2k3, but my pals who were avid UT2004 players tell me the scene is basically dead much like Q]|[A.

@nd I meant QL as the game that is in a bad state, if you UTfags come here and blaspheme the Holy Quake and do not get banned lol.
    (if you dont get it, thats a joke that was once a very tough war between two warring factions. Dunno if you remember it, but UT and Quake crowd were like fire and ice - endless war :P )

Last edited by Sasparillo; 03-06-2013 at 03:09 PM.
    Q * ]Q[* Q]|[A * QL
    ...and still playing!
    JOIN THE DRUNK CLAN!
    Remember, if you happen to join our clan, you can be drunk during each and every match in QL and GET AWAY WITH IT.

lets C H I L L !
    anywas hope rocket lawnchairs r neffed, becuz they mak me mad n get iolet so no noob can spam nd win like idot

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

Banned sneferu is on a distinguished road
    (if you dont get it, thats a joke that was once a very tough war between two warring factions. Dunno if you remember it, but UT and Quake crowd were like fire and ice - endless war :P )

I remember old days.
    But time proved its not endless war. ID software ended it with last update.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 03-06-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Lol, Quake players hate Unreal and vice versa.
    U PLAY UNREAL SO U SUX AND DESERVE BAN!!

Naah im just playing on old antagonisms.
    Seriously though.
    Its a shame that UT2004 got tossed aside so quickly. A great game tbh.
    At one point or another, I think, id dropped the ball u know.
    We all remember Lolquake 4 and its fabled copypasta of Q]|[A's MP.
    So basically now we're screwed
    And any UT fan can say: Well da, you cans ay all you want but Epic Games never rap3d their game like id did. Just look at QL. Lame-o-matic!
    Im going to sound like a total @ of the year, but honestly sometimes I think that id should've learned from Epic. Even in QL - make the game far more modified, introduce other gamemodes than stale TA types that didnt quite catch up. Make it more cutting edge in terms of gameplay, not necessarily graphics. Graphics are cool, but without the underlying tissue of qualityg ameplay theyre just hollow shell.

And tell me, wtfx is this requirement to perform stone-age modifications to your autoexec and qzconfig? I mean, its not like we're not proud of that we can tweak the game sooo much etc but honestly, thats just a plain stupid idea now in 2012.

Its 2012, id. Hell-o?

We were so proud of our mods tweaking clients modifying paks etc b/c back then the game was one executable with a plethora of databases, dlls and cfgs attached. It was as if we were doing some things for the game developers. There was no uber-powerful config creator nor super-powerful game menu. Funny thing is, we're in 2012. And 90% of settings is still done by hand from a friggin Notepad. Its not damned 90's where everyone had to hax and tweak and be a basement-dwelling nerdomatic hung devotee to be able to recite all cvars when woken from sleep, promise to marry Mynx and know 213827357 methods of getting B2R on dm6 without rj.

What I want to point out, QL is a mastodont. A game froma nother era. It require overhaul or no cookies. Sadly, the devs are caught in a limbo between oldschool and new solutions. Honestly, they're in a ditch here.

Now Quake Live looks like dated grind of a game. Netcode issues, hackers, dumbassery of people and machines and semi-useful updates plus a failed idea of no PayPal, no gibs (blasphemy!), etc etc - are dragging it down. And ut2k4 is laughing from beyond the grave.

Now I feel for the last devs that actually work on this game. For example, how is PQL popuar? Idk coz I never spawned a serv with it but a friend of mine, also old school, told me: "man, I've got CPMA and DEFRAG right here on my ole WD. I wanna speed, I launch my old rig, connect to my pal's serv and we've got a session. So no PQL for me".
    Last edited by Lolzy; 08-09-2012 at 10:16 AM.
    Q * ]Q[* Q]|[A * QL
    ...and still playing!
    JOIN THE DRUNK CLAN!

lets C H I L L !

+ Reply to Thread