+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New QuakeLive sucks!

Junior Member psych0 is on a distinguished road

New QuakeLive sucks!

Are you kidding me? No map-voting anymore? No queuing? ARE YOU NUTS? QL sucks now!!!

Member Venova is on a distinguished road
    Duel is basically dead now. I never see anyone on. The maps in the pool are never played because they are not competitive duel maps. People who play duel play duel to play duel, not to mess around on baby maps. I haven't played a single game since this update came (to be fair I've been busy with League of Legends most of the time, but even still, I was initially excited to see a new map pool for standard, but without votability, and especially even moreso with these crap maps in the duel lineup, it's not worth my time)

tldr: If your not going to let people vote maps, at least have the duel map pool be duel maps that people actually play and want to play, or at the very least maps that have seen professional level play. Maybe like 2 silly maps in the pool, like dm1 or something, but beyond that all common competitive duel maps. ztn, dm6, t7, t9, maybe t6, t4, trinity, toxic, battleforged, and maybe one or two others. At least they should be maps that people would enjoy playing who play duel to play duel. Seccelum doesn't count as a reasonable duel map for anyone who plays duel to play duel. All I play is duel, and sometimes a little ffa. So basically since the update, I have no reason to play, nor anyone to play with as servers have been far more empty then I've ever seen in the past. If you want to shut down ql just do it, don't try to hide it behind some plan to drop the userbase so low that you can't get any hate from the community for closing it.

Fix this.

And another thing - I expected better then this from id software, from the team that has worked these last few years infinitely improving Quake Live to be the highest level of competitive game that there is, in every facet that makes a game fitting for high level play, and viewing by others. This is something I would expect from Infinity Ward, or some lame console fps or something, or some korean wannabe cs ripoff mmofps thing. Not from Quake Live.
    Last edited by Venova; 08-01-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    Ooh, calm down tough guys it's only a game.

Get More Game! See what going PRO can do for you ™

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Hey Venova, I thought the same even though I am a subscriber.

It's like what I said here: http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...l=1#post224704

The map rotation in duel should be picked from these:

bloodrun
    campgrounds
    furiousheights
    lostworld
    verticalvengeance
    houseofdecay
    aerowalk
    toxicity
    hektik
    trinity
    concretepalace
    windsongkeep
    silence
    provinggrounds
    dismemberment
    namelessplace
    phrantic

..and actually Windsongkeep is not good, so maybe scratch that one.

Banned lars0n is on a distinguished road
    no more bloodrun? that's my favorite map this sucks

is not getting my money

*Earthsea
    Quote Originally Posted by lars0n View Post
    no more bloodrun? that's my favorite map this sucks

is not getting my money
    http://www.quakelive.com/#!profile/summary/lars0n

How can bloodrun be your favorite map when all you've played is Spider Crossings?

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_Me_Ishmael View Post
    http://www.quakelive.com/#!profile/summary/lars0n

How can bloodrun be your favorite map when all you've played is Spider Crossings?
    give him a break, today is his first day

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar
    And is an alternate account of a banned player.

*VeiL
    Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    And is an alternate account of a banned player.
    So a mod replies with something like "And is an alternate account of a banned player." yet can't even give us information on what is going with this QuakeLive update and if they're going to fix it. This has been a complete disaster. I spawn a premium server and I get 2 people to join (that I told to come). I spawn a standard server and I get 1 person to join because lack of maps. You sicken me, id software.

For once, just listen to the community, listen to our feedback and then provide us with information as well. When QuakeLive falls in the near future, it will be because of this lack of communication. Some updates were bad here and there, but not this awful. PLEASE fix this as soon as tomorrow.

Member EyesX is on a distinguished road EyesX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VeiL View Post
    So a mod replies with something like "And is an alternate account of a banned player." yet can't even give us information on what is going with this QuakeLive update and if they're going to fix it. This has been a complete disaster. I spawn a premium server and I get 2 people to join (that I told to come). I spawn a standard server and I get 1 person to join because lack of maps. You sicken me, id software.

For once, just listen to the community, listen to our feedback and then provide us with information as well. When QuakeLive falls in the near future, it will be because of this lack of communication. Some updates were bad here and there, but not this awful. PLEASE fix this as soon as tomorrow.
    +1

10 characters

+ Reply to Thread