+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Update 7/30

*marriage_b4_sex
    I can't believe these geniuses took away the ability to play maps that new people NEED, such as hellsgateredux. WOW WHAT STUPIDITY. I also can't believe they took away the ability to vote AT ALL for another map. Wow. It is so obvious that the number of people playing quake has been cut by HALF. Nobody wants to play furious heights. We didn't want to play furious heights when we could choose maps, we always voted to LEAVE IT, and now we have 7 servers STUCK ON IT, and I can't believe we have NO ABILITY to change the map at all. Wow, who is making these decisions, obama? How the hell do you expect people to get good at quake if they can't practice on the same map and can't choose maps? The only people who pay for subscriptions are people who got confident at quake. How do you expect them to get confident if they can't choose maps and play ones that are better for beginners? Wow.
    Last edited by marriage_b4_sex; 07-31-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Junior Member KindDevil is on a distinguished road
    To play becomes there is nobody....
    Return vote for a choice of map!
    Last edited by KindDevil; 07-31-2012 at 12:38 AM.

Junior Member Enochulator is on a distinguished road
    i'm really not in to posting on here, but this bugs me.

i gotta say, i like the idea of the pick a map at end of game, because, heck, people should play more than the same 5 maps.
    but at the same time, user base has really decreased lately. making unpopular changes (again) will only shrink it more.
    it may be my perception, but i'm pretty sure there's about half the number of people playing quakelive as there are this time last year.

also... taking away stuff from the "ad supported" subscription to encourage people to buy a paid version is not really a solid business model, heck, you may even piss off the paying subscribers and have them leave. maybe better to make pro/premium subscriptions more attractive.

i've got pro, and seldom use the benefits, because, quite honestly, it's very difficult to get a populated server (Standard membership level, much less Premium level). decreased user base = no reason to get pro at all, because no chance to really use it.

thus... increase standard user base, instead of pissing everyone off, which will most likely result in people buying premium/pro subscriptions.

end of rant.

oh and...
    unpure binaries.
    sweet, i'm so glad i pay for this.

Senior Member crogeek is on a distinguished road crogeek's Avatar
    Another troll flame wars from STANDARD users, so stop whining and pay for a game, if you cannot collect (bargain) 48$ per year then you shouldn't paying the Internet access also. Or who is then paying for your Internet access? - Your parents probably, which is more sad than anything :/
    There's no better place than (127.0.0.1) HOME. . .

QUAKE 2 INSTAGIB WILL STAY FOREVER IN MY MEMORY (1997 - 2002)

Junior Member abrech is on a distinguished road
    unpure.... romania servers
    Last edited by abrech; 07-31-2012 at 01:59 AM.

Senior Member DragQueen is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by crogeek View Post
    Another troll flame wars from STANDARD users, so stop whining and pay for a game, if you cannot collect (bargain) 48$ per year then you shouldn't paying the Internet access also. Or who is then paying for your Internet access? - Your parents probably, which is more sad than anything :/
    It makes me sad to see that players like you dwell in the community, I wonder what happen to common sense. Guess it faded away.

Junior Member Ic3Cr34m is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Enochulator View Post
    i'm really not in to posting on here, but this bugs me.

i gotta say, i like the idea of the pick a map at end of game, because, heck, people should play more than the same 5 maps.
    but at the same time, user base has really decreased lately. making unpopular changes (again) will only shrink it more.
    it may be my perception, but i'm pretty sure there's about half the number of people playing quakelive as there are this time last year.

also... taking away stuff from the "ad supported" subscription to encourage people to buy a paid version is not really a solid business model, heck, you may even piss off the paying subscribers and have them leave. maybe better to make pro/premium subscriptions more attractive.

i've got pro, and seldom use the benefits, because, quite honestly, it's very difficult to get a populated server (Standard membership level, much less Premium level). decreased user base = no reason to get pro at all, because no chance to really use it.

thus... increase standard user base, instead of pissing everyone off, which will most likely result in people buying premium/pro subscriptions.

end of rant.
    so you prefer not to understand what EVERYONE is saying and instead come up with this ignorant load of crap. nice one.

the truth is since the stupid update player numbers here have more than halved. go tell that to the business owners of QL...go tell them how you trolled the forums demanding people pay because their parents pay for their internet...do it...in the boardroom...speak your mind...you'd look great...youtube the meeting for us pls so we can all lol @ u

Quote Originally Posted by sifz View Post
    so you prefer not to understand what EVERYONE is saying and instead come up with this ignorant load of crap. nice one.

the truth is since the stupid update player numbers here have more than halved. go tell that to the business owners of QL...go tell them how you trolled the forums demanding people pay because their parents pay for their internet...do it...in the boardroom...speak your mind...you'd look great...youtube the meeting for us pls so we can all lol @ u
    sahwha?
    maybe the first sentence threw you off... i am not in favor of this latest update, in spite of my desire that people play different maps.

i'm making a habit of this.

start server settings/options seem to have changed.

there is no longer in instaswitch checkbox for weapons.
    now you have to set the reload time on EVERY SINGLE weapon? is that right? and if so, wtfbbq. hopefully i'm missing something, if i'm not, bring the old options back please.

+ Reply to Thread