+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Update 7/30

Senior Member DragQueen is on a distinguished road
    Nice way to troll your fans, id Software!

Senior Member namad will become famous soon enough namad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkuuu View Post
    bro ID is going to lose big part of its normal users because of this change.
    Why ID should care if these free users doesn't bring any support to their produc? It's a loss for the community, but from business point of view it's not.

Banned DCR is on a distinguished road
    Think about it, if everyone who is playing the game does have premium, playing anything the game has to offer is thus less of a problem.
    Not that it should be a problem given one can now deal out 5 invites per server.

Quote Originally Posted by DragQueen View Post
    Nice way to troll your fans, id Software!
    Now fans would have a subscription and know how to utilize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsakali View Post
    LOL jesus h christ DCR you can't be that thick.
    I am extremely fat, weighing in over 9000 pounds. But i'm happy with it. If i sat myself on you, you would literally get crushed to death.
    Last edited by DCR; 08-01-2012 at 04:25 AM.

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by namad View Post
    Why ID should care if these free users doesn't bring any support to their produc? It's a loss for the community, but from business point of view it's not.
    And in this case, by 'loss to the community' you mean loss of people that have never contributed to the community... Unless playing for free on DM6 counts ?
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

*tyst
    what the **** are you morons on about, if we loose the free players, *** am I supposed to play against? the CA scene in EU especially in sweden has stopped almost completely. And therefor I cant play either.
    You morons that are defending ID's ignorant update are basic newbs who dont understand the community. And you are a very small minority. The complete majority of the players are totally against this non mapvote update. It has completely halted the CA scene right now, for me I cant even find a game to join now. The free user accounts arent that free, ID makes profit out of the ads all over the game, you dumb dip****s.

Please **** if you know nothing about the gaming community. So tired of these moron newbs defending every noob update ID has made thusfar, to make the their lifes easier. From the retared teamwallhack triangles so that the newbs dont need teamoverlay to this absolutely dumb update were players cant vote the map they want. And all of this should make me renew my subscription or go pro? **** sake.

Lets not forget that this is not a new game, its a game people already payed for a decade ago. You are supposed to make it better, it should be more fun to attract new players. This is so dumb I dont even know what more to say. Not only are you loosing free accounts, but also prem and pro, cause the servers are empty or less than 4-5 players on.

The only time you see players on a server is when the normal maps are on. As soon as the map ends, everyone leaves ofc.
    Last edited by tyst; 08-01-2012 at 05:19 AM.

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tyst View Post
    Mostly swearing
    And if no-one pays, the game does what ?

Big talk about the Community from a guy with 4 posts.

CA doesn't seem completely dead in the EU right now either :

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49901132/CA2.jpg

13 servers, 2 in Stockholm

<edit> The problem really seems to be that you used to get a huge amount for free, and the gain of going Premium is pretty slender. imo Pro is worth the extra money, but Premium isn't well priced at the moment. Making Free less attractive is only part of the solution I think </edit>
    Last edited by DocPossible; 08-01-2012 at 05:30 AM.
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

Junior Member kyx is on a distinguished road
    this fcuk u pay me strategy is sux

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLaGhee View Post
    i pay pro and if i set up a prem server 8v8 ca i get no one in it i set up standard i get it full so you tell me why im paying for pro
    If you spawn a standard server, it still has /callvote map enabled and a map pool of your choice for end of game voting. You can leave it open when you log off and all the standard players can keep joining it and playing on it and vote for maps.

Filling a premium server usually requires "seeding" it with few friends before other people join. Otherwise everyone hesitates thinking "oh, this 1/16 server will need minutes if I join, so I'll wait and see instead". If you get a server to 5/8, it gets full in a jiffy ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLaGhee View Post
    i can only invite 5 people so i believe. the only bonus about pro is that you can kick afks and spammers the rest is just a waste.
    It's "only" 5 people? 2 pro subscribers can start a 6v6 game with 10 standard players in there. I doubt you often hit the limit though. I find it harder to find standard players willing to join a premium game than filling servers with premium friends.

Junior Member eburb is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by rehash View Post
    ROFL! us hoping that was to give premium access to vote system , which would be alot more intelligent than fixing a chat system... tbh
    Right...the biggest issue is that you need to wait till after the initial three-map vote to vote again for your desired map (in a premium server). Really should just have the old callvote for premium servers (or make it an option for self-spawned premium servers).

Senior Member namad will become famous soon enough namad's Avatar
    what the **** are you morons on about, if we loose the free players, *** am I supposed to play against?
    oh, yeah, u are calling people u don't know morons? u r mad? go play something else if you that disappointed.

The free user accounts arent that free, ID makes profit out of the ads all over the game, you dumb dip****s.
    this is not true. the reason why ID decided to introduce that changes is very simple - ads didn't work.

Please **** if you know nothing about the gaming community.
    really? what exactly you did for this community to say that to me?

rage more, kid, you are funny to read.

+ Reply to Thread