+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Update 7/30

*niyaro
    Quote Originally Posted by booshnogh97 View Post
    Dafuq did I just read? First off, you are just averting from the question I originally asked: What is wrong with the maps? Saying that "some are just better" isn't a good response. And for the second half of your response, can you speak English?
    You play almost exclusively CA and you don't see what's wrong with maps? Seriously?
    Common problems throughout maps:
    a. They have too much narrow areas that prevents one from fast strafe jumping let alone rocket jumping around, so you basically have to run which just kills dynamics. Also such layout rewards boring rocket, grenade spamming way too much.
    b. They are 1-dimensional. Look at all popular maps. They have high-ground, middle-ground and low-ground. Maps without vertical significance are swallow and get boring way too fast.

The new variety helps get players more active on maps people haven't used in months
    No. Forcing ****ty maps on players results on players moving to private-servers that have ridiculous map-pool that consist of nothing else but campgrounds/overkill. That's less variety than before and ultimately less play-time cause it gets boring very fast.
    Last edited by niyaro; 07-31-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Junior Member rbarreira is on a distinguished road
    Count me in the disappointed group that was hoping this update would revert some of the recent changes regarding maps and voting...

Junior Member booshnogh97 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by niyaro View Post
    You play almost exclusively CA and you don't see what's wrong with maps? Seriously?
    Common problems throughout maps:
    a. They have too much narrow areas that prevents one from fast strafe jumping let alone rocket jumping around, so you basically have to run which just kills dynamics. Also such layout rewards boring rocket, grenade spamming way too much.
    b. They are 1-dimensional. Look at all popular maps. They have high-ground, middle-ground and low-ground. Maps without vertical significance are swallow and get boring way too fast.

No. Forcing ****ty maps on players results on players moving to private-servers that have ridiculous map-pool that consist of nothing else but campgrounds/overkill. That's less variety than before and ultimately less play-time cause it gets boring very fast.
    Well I guess either I'm oblivious to these defects or I just have low standards because I haven't gotten bored of any maps besides the obvious overplayed ones. Sure some maps are more prone to nade spam or rocket spam, but spammers will find a way to spam on every map not just narrow area ones. And I don't think rocketing yourself across the maps is all the game was made for. You don't need to strafe super fast around every single corner, I mean it helps everyone. And for map quality, I only know of a few 1-dimensional maps; most have at least two levels of ground to play on, so I'm not really sure what you're trying to argue here..

Member shady15 is on a distinguished road

Thumbs down the last update

if the update will make the game worst then they shouldn't update it any more and why premium servers only can vote to change the map i bet thousands of players will stop playing quake live agine Because of last update and some maps doesn't even work when i enter it like spidercrossing and stonekeep that is the worst update ever
    Last edited by shady15; 07-31-2012 at 06:21 PM.

Member schwachmach is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by kristus View Post
    It is. But not on standard servers. You're a pro subscriber. Use it.
    How, when there is nobody playing on the Pro servers?

If I wanted to play on a local Server here in Seattle (not that it matters, since it's routed through California (same ping)), I would have to find somebody who wants to play FFA in the Japanese Castles. It's not happening, and so that server has become useless, thank you very much indeed.

Junior Member Hehlol is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by DCR View Post
    If playing for free has some limits now, it's about bloody time. Either pay up or get out.
    So you would prefer to lose a chunk of the...400 players that currently play rather than just let them play for free? Why would I want to buy pro if there's nobody to play with? Come on, think a little. It isn't hard.

Junior Member ZPREKCER is on a distinguished road
    The majority community getting ignored by ID gaming is just awesome.
    When I bought my pro subscription, I really thought that I would be able to play the good CA maps (I don't play anything else than CA, flame me).

The simple fact is that now I can't, because premium servers doesn't get filled.
    Seeing lesser and lesser reasons for subscribing. And by the looks of whats being said in the subscribers only forum, I am not the only one.

Banned DCR is on a distinguished road
    Sorry to hear you don't have any friends. While i do agree it should be easier on the point not mentioned, that getting premium games going from the website itself, one can simply enter irc and do pickup games from there.

The key here as in how to fix getting premium games going for you right now, is information and connectivity.
    If you are sitting on your end with the pro subscription and still finding yourself short of enough people to play whatever gametype you would like to play, then obviously u need to find similar minded people who want to play the gametype you want to play.

Hence a simple suggestion would be f.example to add in your signature tag to add you for f.ex
    "add me for playing CTF with killself enabled on frankfurt server." Then simply we create a thread for add you for people with subscription for each gametype they like to play.
    Then from that end we must remember most people dont read the forums but only hop on board public servers and play whatever.

I think a subscription icon for scoreboard is sorely missing, and as well to quick launch a server and send multiple invites to people to get a game on privately spawned premium server running. It shows in some occasions but not all.

ID can do some work on managing friends and the differences of said people. Like put friends on groups, quite simply.

For example, have 1 group for friends you relate to playing just instagib with or whatever.

So yes, sure there are some things that ID can possibly do to make it easier to find people who want to play x game with you, but denying them your support isnt the way to make them listen.

If we had multiplied the subscription base, more support and staff resources and time could be allocated to quakelive.

We simply can't expect them to overthrow f.ex X amount of new jobs if the subscription base stays the same.

Even the perfect marriage needs care and support. But sometimes i fear everyone on here whining is entirely into bsdm and playing master, and never accepting that one has to do something for whom they love themselves.

And finally, yes, if u cant support the game by now if having played it for some time, then yes get the **** out, so whatever lifespan quakelive has left the support of its staff and server longevity can be spent on us who actually gave the financial support to run those servers.

*Tsakali
    LOL jesus h christ DCR you can't be that thick.

Junior Member Harzem is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by x23piracy View Post
    Hi,

ever realised that only pro or prem players stand behind the changes, there is not a single free player that is saying wow what a nice change.

Applause id.
    I'm a free player and I'm saying "wow what a nice change".

I was tired of seeing CAMPGROUNDS everywhere. I'm happy that people can't arbitrarily switch to that anymore. The new "21 map pool" system also allows us to play on premium maps, which I miss from my old premium days. I was tired of seeing the same maps over and over again.

I wouldn't be complaining if the map voting system was completely abandoned and everyone had to play the random map the server chose for us.

Also, everyone seems to complain about the changes, but actually they are the vocal ones. Those who accept or even like the change stay silent, because we know that at the end we still get what we liked.

And for those free players who are threatening to leave QL due to these changes: Go ahead, leave. Run a business like I do, and see how fun it is to give free stuff to free users, and still get complaints when you make changes. ID will survive with or without you, and if they made a change which they think will bring more income for them, then I'm fine with it as a free user.
    Last edited by Harzem; 08-01-2012 at 01:27 AM.

+ Reply to Thread