+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: what this game REALY needs

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YMCMB View Post
    That's on players side (mouse). It has nothing to do with the particular game, just like routing, and actually in QL it's quite easy to get rid of it by using mouseaccel.

For example, rapha would experience it in all games when using a wmo. And actually it's his fault he experiences it because he's using it at 125hz so only has 1m/s perfect control, when he could put it at 500hz to get 1.50 (miles better) or use a different mouse.
    Actually he used 500 Hz for almost the entire time he's played QL. It wasn't until the last dreamhack that he tried 125 Hz and said it reduced or eliminated instances of the dreaded mouse bug he experiences.

He gave an example once, he said that he was on top near LG exit on t7, and fazz was down by RA. He went to turn the mouse right to hit fazz with the rail and he said that he went across his pad and it didn't go far enough. Given that he was using sens ~5, mouseaccel 0.48, he should have done a 360 and some change in that distance when he only needed to turn about 30 degrees and didn't make it.

Almost no information has surfaced about the bug. If rapha's experience was typical, given what he has said I would say that it's an issue with windows 7 + usb polling rate adjusters + QL's WM_INPUT mouse code. Unfortunately there is certain to be other players in the same situation, and reports similar to rapha's are almost unheard of.

His config was cleaned up, and I know he's tried new mouse + pad. Part of me suspects that it's all in his head. There just isn't enough information though.

Junior Member kastor is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    Actually he used 500 Hz for almost the entire time he's played QL. It wasn't until the last dreamhack that he tried 125 Hz and said it reduced or eliminated instances of the dreaded mouse bug he experiences.

He gave an example once, he said that he was on top near LG exit on t7, and fazz was down by RA. He went to turn the mouse right to hit fazz with the rail and he said that he went across his pad and it didn't go far enough. Given that he was using sens ~5, mouseaccel 0.48, he should have done a 360 and some change in that distance when he only needed to turn about 30 degrees and didn't make it.

Almost no information has surfaced about the bug. If rapha's experience was typical, given what he has said I would say that it's an issue with windows 7 + usb polling rate adjusters + QL's WM_INPUT mouse code. Unfortunately there is certain to be other players in the same situation, and reports similar to rapha's are almost unheard of.

His config was cleaned up, and I know he's tried new mouse + pad. Part of me suspects that it's all in his head. There just isn't enough information though.
    Well ye... maybe its just in ppls head... with that neg accel

But often when I straf the same direction as my opponent , both with LG I dont hit
    when I aim on him, but I hit when I aim a lil behind...

My question is just why they know / draw the player at one pos and have the hitbox lag behind ?

But ye I got it... ppl dont agree and like new maps more... was worth a try
    Last edited by kastor; 08-05-2012 at 07:01 AM. Reason: typo

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kastor View Post
    Well ye... maybe its just in ppls head... with that neg accel
    Just an idea in rapha's case since his is so strange. He also happens to be arguably the best QL player there is, so perhaps if anyone would notice, he would.

But often when I straf the same direction as my opponent , both with LG I dont hit
    when I aim on him, but I hit when I aim a lil behind...

My question is just why they know / draw the player at one pos and have the hitbox lag behind ?
    It's a netcode issue, not intentional.

*kyleschreur
    im no video game programmer. but couldn't there be a way to detect a cheater in game? and if so. announce that person is cheating? in game? have that voice announce "this guy is cheating" then have like a red arrow following the cheater. above his head. then we could easily kick him? good idea? again. i really don't know if that's possible or not. but if it is. it seems like a good idea. please tell me if thats not even do-able

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleschreur View Post
    im no video game programmer. but couldn't there be a way to detect a cheater in game? and if so. announce that person is cheating? in game? have that voice announce "this guy is cheating" then have like a red arrow following the cheater. above his head. then we could easily kick him? good idea? again. i really don't know if that's possible or not. but if it is. it seems like a good idea. please tell me if thats not even do-able
    Technically it's possible, but it would never be implemented because of false positives.

(Also, you necroposted a thread from 3 months ago :x)

*Honeymoon2012
    I fully agree with kastor points 2. and 3. (i don't understand what he means with 1.)
    2.) I also often have problems with my mouse (about 1 of 4 times i don't be able to play a game)
    3.) The most important:
    I actually don't be a paid subscriber
    I would pay up to this if my mouse would not make this problems and it would not have so many cheaters in the games.
    So i have a suggestion for the cheating-problems:
    - Why not make more skill-levels?
    - As the cheaters allways wins (first 50, second 45, third 39, then maybe 12, 8, 4 and so on) - if there where more (intelligent!) skill-levels for matching the users, the cheaters automatically can cheat together.
    I also noticed is that the cheaters always leave the game just before the end.
    When the skill level is determined - after the end of the games?
    => If so - this should be changed.

These are my suggestions.
    If you want me as customer - implement them:-)

Grettings from Switzerland

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Honeymoon2012 View Post
    I fully agree with kastor points 2. and 3. (i don't understand what he means with 1.)
    2.) I also often have problems with my mouse (about 1 of 4 times i don't be able to play a game)
    3.) The most important:
    I would pay up to this if my mouse would not make this problems and it would not have so many cheaters in the games.
    - As the cheaters allways wins (first 50, second 45, third 39, then maybe 12, 8, 4 and so on) - if there where more (intelligent!) skill-levels for matching the users, the cheaters automatically can cheat together.

lol, so you're saying that the skilled players are automatically cheaters because you can't beat them...right?

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Honeymoon2012 View Post
    3.) The most important:

in_nograb 0

There are very few cheaters; most probably you have not seen one. What new players don't get is that this game has been played since the same period as starcraft1, and actually more considering older fps games are more similar to q3 than older rts to sc, so think of it as being destroyed by 1000apm koreans that have been playing since the last millennium.
    Also just like scbw in q3 there's a lot of freedom and gameplay elements to play with, which ends in skill differences being a lot more notorious than in current games like CoD.
    So the problem in public play is matchmaking, not cheaters. Since I don't see that changing what you should do is improving as a player, which isn't difficult but requires having the right attitude for example watching tutorials.
    Last edited by megaman3; 11-14-2012 at 02:36 PM.

*Honeymoon2012
    No not right!

I played q3 since years - this is my second account here.
    There are many players in the forum that see this problem like me...
    But no matter - why not make more levels so that the problem solves himself automatically?
    Im MOST games i play, the first / second have more than double frags as the third.
    So if there are so few cheaters (as YOU say), the skill adjustment is wrong:-))
    I want to have fun by playing.., witht this problem i would stay away sooner or later.
    => This is the MAIN problem here (believe it or not)

I fully agree with our columbian friend - i cant' be the responsibillity of the non-cheating members!
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 11-15-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Banned DeathPizza is an unknown quantity at this point
    I call baloney, ppl hack all the time. I just dont care.. I play this game for what its worth because I like and not what other people do to it.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 11-16-2012 at 06:14 PM.

+ Reply to Thread