+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: what this game REALY needs

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member kastor is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    24

    what this game REALY needs

    Hi

    I play QL for 3 yrs +
    (3 yrs premium member)

    And what this game needs are 3 things
    1. Non buggy hit detection (ppl complain about rail thoughs and lg lags behind)
    2. Fix for negative accel on many mice! I mean come on, even RAPHA is complaining about it
    3. ANTI - CHEAT, I mean come on , most use the morwl (or w/e that guy is called) multihack ****. Can it be so hard to detect that one ? I am not talkin an general thing
    but the most known. I mean I saw some idiots makin vid of them "owning" ppl with hacks and linkin that ****.

    So pls ... at least take care about point no 3.
    If u dont I can promise u, u will loose more prem / paid subscribers.
    Cos its no fun to play a game , in that ppl can cheat so easy.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kepler-22b
    Posts
    8,649
    Quote Originally Posted by kastor View Post
    Fix for negative accel on many mice! I mean come on, even RAPHA is complaining about it
    Rapha was complaining about a "mouse bug", as far as I know he never described it as negative accel. He said something about the mouse sens suddenly dropping or not responding at all.

    Very few people actually have this bug. I rarely hear about it and do not experience it myself.

    Why it would be mouse specific makes no sense, otherwise it wouldn't be a problem with QL.

  3. #3
    Senior Member KaasMan is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The land of cheese
    Posts
    481
    1. Either we have hit detection as it is (hitting rails behind the man) or we have very low speed limits.
    They can't unlag it properly without limiting the speed a lot. I once read that on these forums.
    So we obviously choose to have hit detection as it is. If you don't like it, play cod.
    2. Never heard of.
    3. It can indeed be extremely hard to detect cheats. I remember a time where people were constantly kicked by punkbuster, while not cheating (I had that too). People actually had no choice but to quit, as they couldn't join a server for longer than about 30 seconds. I'm glad that that time is over.
    If you see a hacker, make a video and report him. It's not that hard. I've seen like 2-3 aimbotters in QuakeLive in my entire life, so I don't see the problem actually (and yes, I do play CA tier4 now and then). But I added the last one which I saw (about half a year ago), to my friends list (didn't report him). A week later he was banned. He didn't play a lot, was no big deal.

    What we need for Quake is an active devteam, that is connected to the community. But they're neither active nor connected.

  4. #4
    Junior Member AdictoDigital is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pereira, Colombia
    Posts
    9

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by KaasMan View Post
    3... If you see a hacker, make a video and report him.

    ¿Why is my responsibility (as a player) to capture evidence against cheaters?

    It makes no sense...

  5. #5
    Senior Member DragQueen is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by AdictoDigital View Post

    ¿Why is my responsibility (as a player) to capture evidence against cheaters?

    It makes no sense...
    Why do you always use the "¿" character at the start of a question and why do you always use bold?

  6. #6
    Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Slighty adjacent
    Posts
    2,090
    Quote Originally Posted by DragQueen View Post
    Why do you always use the "¿" character at the start of a question and why do you always use bold?
    Dunno about the bold, but the upside down question mark thing is standard Spanish syntax :

    http://spanish.about.com/od/writtens...unctuation.htm

    and he's from Colombia.
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

  7. #7
    Junior Member AdictoDigital is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pereira, Colombia
    Posts
    9

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by DocPossible View Post
    Dunno about the bold, but the upside down question mark thing is standard Spanish syntax :

    http://spanish.about.com/od/writtens...unctuation.htm

    and he's from Colombia.
    You're right!!!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Balarick is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    154
    ¿other languages have different letters too.

  9. #9
    Senior Member BuzzBlade is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by AdictoDigital View Post

    ¿Why is my responsibility (as a player) to capture evidence against cheaters?

    It makes no sense...
    What many noobs don't get, ( I went through it and sent demos on non-cheaters ) is that it is hard to see the skill over years built up behind a bright skinned keel... And it is actually quake nature for whatever reason to see someone that awesome and assume they are cheating.
    So since this is the natural M.O. of quakelive, imagine how many people throw their hands up in the air and say " Teacher teacher, I found a cheater! "

    Should they pay someone money to filter through a mailbox of whining noobs?!?!? NO NO NO.

    But there are cheaters, and the only way they can take action is through tangible evidence. If your so bent on proving how bad cheating is, prove it. Otherwise your argument is invalid. Plz **** and vote spaceCTF.

    Also I do believe cheating could be stopped on many levels by a experienced coder. Can you pay for that w/ advertisements or a player-base that requires arm-twisting to subscribe?

    Could you digitally sign all files w/ certificates and check them at a CA somewhere on a quake server? (Think they already do on their own level.) Could you add more security overhead to the whole scene w/o making the ping or netcode and hitboxes less delayed???? Sure, this and many many other ideas could be conjured, go check the employment scene and check how much a coder costs....

    If your going to suggest something, keep cheaters out of it, little do you know they suck, they usually lose or get kicked, and they are actually the greatest training you can get, because they know where you are and don't miss. Quake is a ***** like this.

  10. #10
    Senior Member BuzzBlade is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    126
    What this game really needs now, NOW, NOW that you've enforced your martial-map-law... is a shuffle before the match just like the map vote, because half your community is suffering from alzhiermers and can't remember how to shuffle but can always remember where f3 is, this or an auto-shuffle on pubs. Not doing so is just saying let the stack prevail anytime it can.\

    Stopping the ability to change teams to an imbalance, I'm not sure what the console command is but they use it and just hop between teams to spite a server mid game.

    I want sexier girl models. They don't have to be naked. Dressed in nades or something.

    If so many people think cheating is proliferant enable r_shownormals in spec mode and let them decide for themselves on spot. Not sure what side-effects you would have to worry about, but all the noobs who want proof, there you GO!!!! Keep your demos and email, **** and vote spaceCTF.

    I also think the option to have chimes go off when flags are capped or returned vs the delayed voice of the announcer would be nice. There are times where my flag is stolen, and because of the message queue, I might wait 5 seconds before being alerted audibly.

    My two cents. :wq

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts