Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: what this game REALY needs

Junior Member kastor is on a distinguished road

what this game REALY needs

Hi

I play QL for 3 yrs +
    (3 yrs premium member)

And what this game needs are 3 things
    1. Non buggy hit detection (ppl complain about rail thoughs and lg lags behind)
    2. Fix for negative accel on many mice! I mean come on, even RAPHA is complaining about it
    3. ANTI - CHEAT, I mean come on , most use the morwl (or w/e that guy is called) multihack ****. Can it be so hard to detect that one ? I am not talkin an general thing
    but the most known. I mean I saw some idiots makin vid of them "owning" ppl with hacks and linkin that ****.

So pls ... at least take care about point no 3.
    If u dont I can promise u, u will loose more prem / paid subscribers.
    Cos its no fun to play a game , in that ppl can cheat so easy.

Thanks

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kastor View Post
    Fix for negative accel on many mice! I mean come on, even RAPHA is complaining about it
    Rapha was complaining about a "mouse bug", as far as I know he never described it as negative accel. He said something about the mouse sens suddenly dropping or not responding at all.

Very few people actually have this bug. I rarely hear about it and do not experience it myself.

Why it would be mouse specific makes no sense, otherwise it wouldn't be a problem with QL.

Senior Member KaasMan is on a distinguished road
    1. Either we have hit detection as it is (hitting rails behind the man) or we have very low speed limits.
    They can't unlag it properly without limiting the speed a lot. I once read that on these forums.
    So we obviously choose to have hit detection as it is. If you don't like it, play cod.
    2. Never heard of.
    3. It can indeed be extremely hard to detect cheats. I remember a time where people were constantly kicked by punkbuster, while not cheating (I had that too). People actually had no choice but to quit, as they couldn't join a server for longer than about 30 seconds. I'm glad that that time is over.
    If you see a hacker, make a video and report him. It's not that hard. I've seen like 2-3 aimbotters in QuakeLive in my entire life, so I don't see the problem actually (and yes, I do play CA tier4 now and then). But I added the last one which I saw (about half a year ago), to my friends list (didn't report him). A week later he was banned. He didn't play a lot, was no big deal.

What we need for Quake is an active devteam, that is connected to the community. But they're neither active nor connected.

Junior Member AdictoDigital is on a distinguished road

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by KaasMan View Post
    3... If you see a hacker, make a video and report him.

¿Why is my responsibility (as a player) to capture evidence against cheaters?

It makes no sense...

Senior Member DragQueen is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by AdictoDigital View Post

¿Why is my responsibility (as a player) to capture evidence against cheaters?

It makes no sense...
    Why do you always use the "¿" character at the start of a question and why do you always use bold?

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DragQueen View Post
    Why do you always use the "¿" character at the start of a question and why do you always use bold?
    Dunno about the bold, but the upside down question mark thing is standard Spanish syntax :

http://spanish.about.com/od/writtens...unctuation.htm

and he's from Colombia.
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

Junior Member AdictoDigital is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DocPossible View Post
    Dunno about the bold, but the upside down question mark thing is standard Spanish syntax :

http://spanish.about.com/od/writtens...unctuation.htm

and he's from Colombia.
    You're right!!!

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdictoDigital View Post
    You're right!!!

I knew that watching all that Dora the Explorer with kids would come in useful one day.
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

Junior Member kastor is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by KaasMan View Post
    3. It can indeed be extremely hard to detect cheats. I remember a time where people were constantly kicked by punkbuster, while not cheating (I had that too). People actually had no choice but to quit, as they couldn't join a server for longer than about 30 seconds. I'm glad that that time is over.
    If you see a hacker, make a video and report him. It's not that hard. I've seen like 2-3 aimbotters in QuakeLive in my entire life, so I don't see the problem actually (and yes, I do play CA tier4 now and then). But I added the last one which I saw (about half a year ago), to my friends list (didn't report him). A week later he was banned. He didn't play a lot, was no big deal.

What we need for Quake is an active devteam, that is connected to the community. But they're neither active nor connected.
    Well I am not talking about bringin punkbuster back. But I am a coder, u know. So there are ways to detect if some funktion pointers
    arent right no more. To hide the function pointers (cos it makes it harder to hack) they used fixed poiters or a table to localize those methods. So if a hack is injected it changes / replaces the code. OFC, if u know that they detect it, u can hack the dectection.
    BUT tbh I think its worth the effort, cos u will catch some cheaters and maybe scare at least some of em .
    I think every cheater caught is a win for QL.

@Lorfa
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa
    He said something about the mouse sens suddenly dropping or not responding at all.
    Mousesens drop is negative accel , it gets slower

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kastor View Post
    @Lorfa

Mousesens drop is negative accel , it gets slower
    No, negative acceleration means the sensitivity gets lower the faster you move it, not just lower for no reason.

+ Reply to Thread