+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: SPAWN CLAN - A clan of charity

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    Vigilanteville, Moderation State, The World.

SPAWN CLAN - A clan of charity

So...The aim is, give the clantag to any pro users willing to be nice folks and let some standards enjoy premium goodness for absolutely nothing.

Those pro users can be added to anyone's friendlist and via a funky greasemonkey script will automatically send an invite to their server if the user sends the text 'invite' to them first.

OFC as a clan of server owners we'll be able to compare notes and exclude the troublemakers from our friendlists en masse. And it still benefits you guys to buy a sub rather than wait out for one of our 5 places (each) to become available.

Please drop a line if you want to get the clantag, standard users just send friend invites to the SPAWN servers you see in your local area.

Peace and love and frags

Phlog

Contact any of us in-game or on irc #ql-spawn

EU SPAWNers

CA
    iks
    Tier: 4
    Map Pool: Almost Lost / dm6 / Quarantine / Trinity / Overkill (all others votable)
    NOTES: 4v4/5v5 but voteable, sometimes PQL, will also spawn TDM on request if not using CA or there are enough already.

DoGjA
    Tier: Unrestricted
    Notes: Vampiric Damage / PQL

xCaradnickx - also Duel servers
    carbidschieter - DE/FR (also A&D/FT)
    iks
    matte

CTF
    DocPossible / dru1d / fexohox / MeanM / Phlogiston / runnyunder
    Tier: 4
    Map Pool: Shining Forces / Troubled Waters / Ironworks / Japanese Castles / Spider Crossings / Infinity / Siberia / Courtyard (all others votable)
    Notes: 4v4 or 5v5 preferred, but server can vote whatever they like

TheMolester
    Map Pool: SpaceCTF / Spider Crossings / Beyond Reality / Japanese Castles (All Others Votable)
    Notes: 7v7 / UNRANKED / Infinite Rockets / 200-Damage Gauntlet / No Self Damage

Tomlin - SpaceCTF

FFA
    BILLYBILLY
    Muckyman
    Mike68

dru1d
    Notes: Air Control / Insta-switch / 400ups Player Speed / 100 Rail Damage / Increased Rocket Knockback

TDM
    tifu / corvu / runnyunder / icey_pain - T4, competition map pool

Misc
    Bgoode - T4 TDM, CA, CTF - DE/UK

US SPAWNers

CA
    Chibers
    Map Pool: Campgrounds / DreadfulPlace / FuriousHeights / JapaneseCastles / Overkill / Quarantine / RealmofSteelRats / Solid / Wargrounds (all others votable)
    NOTES: 5v5, PQL, Unlimited Ammo

DoGjA
    Notes: Vampiric Damage / PQL

CTF
    TheMolester
    Map Pool: SpaceCTF / Spider Crossings / Beyond Reality / Japanese Castles (All Others Votable)
    Notes: 7v7 / UNRANKED / Infinite Rockets / 200-Damage Gauntlet / No Self-Damage

Swampy
    Tier: 3/Unrestricted
    Notes: Some tweaks!?!

_exposed

FFA
    _TaRGeT
    Map Pool: Longest Yard / Hell's Gate / Cobalt Station / Terminal Heights / Blood Run / Fatal Instinct / Hearth / Power Station (All others votable)
    Notes: 16 slot ranked insta-ffa (the only ranked one, so let the stats begin)

GoBotz (also insta-duel)

TDM

Misc
    Call_me_Ishmael - variety of gamemodes
    Chibers - Texas, variety of gamemodes
    Mellow - 2v2/4v4 TDM, 4v4 CTF, Duel, 4v4-6v6 CA, 4v4 DOM - PQL+VQL
    TSEliot

EDIT: Gradually changing the listings formatting to make it a bit more readable - please be patient

@Current and future SPAWNers: You might find the word is spreading fairly slowly for now, so I recommend running a standard server for a week or so (I've been running mine 4 days so far) and periodically spamming the following bind:

Code:
    bind n "vstr SPAWN"
    set SPAWN vstr SPAWN1
    set SPAWN1 "opsay FREE USERS, YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE;set SPAWN vstr SPAWN2"
    set SPAWN2 "opsay SPAWN CLAN is offering free invites to join premium servers;set SPAWN vstr SPAWN3"
    set SPAWN3 "opsay Just add local SPAWN server hosts to your friendlist - check forum for details;set SPAWN vstr SPAWN1"
    Once you think you have enough players in your list then move onto spawning premium - most users never check the forums, so it helps letting people know in game as well.

Also make use of the #quakelive channel to post links to your servers when starting them up, the join links use up your invites as well
    Last edited by Phlogiston; 10-23-2012 at 03:48 PM. Reason: another pro joins

Senior Member muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman's Avatar
    Great idea and i will support you and help in anyway possible,i cant change clantag at the moment as im trying to get my old clan mates back together.......with new ones
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Friedman
    All flying saucers are UFO`s not all UFO`s are flying saucers.

Senior Member Chibers will become famous soon enough Chibers's Avatar
    Feel free to send me an invite. I don't usually use my start-a-match as much as I could be. haha

When I do use it I usually run DOM, TDM, FFA, or Duel servers. Texas or anywhere east of Texas, since that's where most of my friends list is located.
    Last edited by Chibers; 07-28-2012 at 07:04 PM.
    #TATW
    It's more fun when you're mellow

*Earthsea
    Going Pro this evening (hopefully), this is a wonderful idea.

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    Nice one guys, invites in the post

Don't rely purely on the forums though, like I say it might take a week or so of running standard servers to build up that friendlist so you can get your premium server filled nice and quick. If people can say what gamemode of server they'll be spawning and whereabouts it'd help the standard users know who to add...

For me it's competitive CTF in EU (no spacectf, no runemaps, teamsize 4/5) generally T4 standard although noobs are certainly allowed
    From experience I know Muckyman'll be EU FFA
    Tomlin - EU SpaceCTF?
    Last edited by Phlogiston; 07-28-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Member XTINA_AGUILERA is on a distinguished road
    oh so you must have been drunk yesterday too, when I played on your ****ty server and you put me in spec for no reason and then lock red team. ....like you said you paid for it, to have your little fun. I hope people will soon realize what you are doing to players, and your server will stay empty.

*1NSOMN1A
    have to agree with xtina, she is a absolute correct player, i didnt understood what was wrong there

Junior Member carbidschieter is on a distinguished road
    I would like to sign up for this. A large friends list would help in kick starting the premium servers.

Quote Originally Posted by XTINA_AGUILERA View Post
    oh so you must have been drunk yesterday too, when I played on your ****ty server and you put me in spec for no reason and then lock red team. ....like you said you paid for it, to have your little fun. I hope people will soon realize what you are doing to players, and your server will stay empty.
    lol it was 5-0 and the other team were down by two players, so I moved you over to the other team to balance it. You then went spec and waited until others joined so you could rejoin your original team and restack.

Drive, you joined after this had already happened which is when I locked the teams and put her to spec - then she got abusive so I kicked. Sure maybe I might've handled it differently if I was completely sober, but still think it was pretty valid since I just wanted to even up the teams in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by carbidschieter
    I would like to sign up for this. A large friends list would help in kick starting the premium servers.
    Invite sent, what gametypes and where will you mostly be spawning?

Member XTINA_AGUILERA is on a distinguished road
    why didnt you move top player from red team to blue? Why me??...or maybe you could join and help blue team. Whatever...or was I that good? Ahahaha

+ Reply to Thread