+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Open your eyes - support quake live - purchase premium /pro or lose it

Senior Member eduguy is an unknown quantity at this point
    Some people cannot afford Pro or Premium so they won't buy it. What is wrong with that?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eduguy View Post
    Some people cannot afford Pro or Premium so they won't buy it. What is wrong with that?
    Nothing is wrong with that.

However if we're being honest, the vast majority of players can afford such a thing, but choose not to purchase it. This is also quite alright, you don't buy something just because you can, you buy something because it is a product that you want.

I say they can afford it since they're discussing the matter on their $ 1000+ computer systems, $ 30+/month internet in residences with reasonable heating/cooling and obviously, electricity. Also a lot of players often purchase other games on steam and games for game consoles that cost as much if not more than the price of a QL subscription.

Like I said though, just because they can afford it doesn't mean they should buy it. What am I saying is that not being able to afford it is not the usual case and as such these threads are not directed at such persons.

Junior Member Jaylez is on a distinguished road
    Why would I buy food seeing that it's spoiled and hope it's going to be better? The person selling the food needs to sell good food for me to buy it.
    Asamawa<3

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylez View Post
    Why would I buy food seeing that it's spoiled and hope it's going to be better? The person selling the food needs to sell good food for me to buy it.
    But Quake is not bad.

Junior Member Jaylez is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by eduguy View Post
    But Quake is not bad.
    I'm not saying it's bad. A smart consumer would see what great things they get if the pay and then pay. But a smart consumer would not pay and then hope for the great things that he MIGHT get only if other people blindly pay too. BUT I'm also not saying "Don't pay", because it's a great game and I would be glad to give iD a couple bucks for it.
    Asamawa<3

*Cyberscrap
    I've known the existance of QL for a while now but just recently joined. It's the only game that can get my adrenaline going... I'm not even interested in the better looking boring alternatives.

I would love too support ID in keeping this online so i guess i'll just get the membership and keep playing the public servers? After reading this thread i'm don't see any other use of getting the membership.

Isn't there some better way to support the community?
    > Be nice to newcomers
    > Advertise QuakeLive in other communities (I bet that if you tell some CoD master you can kick his ass in QL he'll be cocky enough to accept.
    > Write to magazines that quake live has the best gameplay etc..

Getting new players is a great way for ID to make more money. Advertisements wil probably be more money and the newcomers might buy premium

Junior Member PsiAmp is on a distinguished road
    I'm not interested in Premium or Pro because I don't see any benefit for me. I only play on Kiev servers and though there are many subscribers, most play on public or user-created servers. I rarely see premium matches. Though I would like to play on Almost Lost, most of the time there's simply no one to play with.

Another issue, I'm not a fan of this subscription model and pricing. I would pay $20 single time for QL Premium like features. But I want them to be different.

I though about it and I think Premium/Pro should be focused on competitive play. First of all there should be ELO rankings for both duels and clan wars.

Senior Member c3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    Nothing is wrong with that.

However if we're being honest, the vast majority of players can afford such a thing, but choose not to purchase it. This is also quite alright, you don't buy something just because you can, you buy something because it is a product that you want.

I say they can afford it since they're discussing the matter on their $ 1000+ computer systems, $ 30+/month internet in residences with reasonable heating/cooling and obviously, electricity. Also a lot of players often purchase other games on steam and games for game consoles that cost as much if not more than the price of a QL subscription.
    Lorfa pretty much summed it up w/ the above comment. It's really that simple.

Member General is on a distinguished road
    I've known the existance of QL for a while now but just recently joined. It's the only game that can get my adrenaline going... I'm not even interested in the better looking boring alternatives.

I would love too support ID in keeping this online so i guess i'll just get the membership
    That's the spirit, support the game of your choice!

> Advertise QuakeLive in other communities (I bet that if you tell some CoD master you can kick his ass in QL he'll be cocky enough to accept.
    I've actually done that to a CSS guy in Q4 (he wasn't pro or anything, but he was pretty good). I was stomping him like 34 to -2 or something ridiculous before he ragequit... guess that isn't the best form of advertising, heh.

+ Reply to Thread