+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Open your eyes - support quake live - purchase premium /pro or lose it

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    how can you not know a single person that has a credit card nor get one yourself. Both are extremely easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

*robzilla
    So i should go through the trouble of ordering a creditcard, that i will never ever use, just to buy a subscription for ql?
    It doesnt work like that

Senior Member quakestreme is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by robzilla View Post
    So i should go through the trouble of ordering a creditcard, that i will never ever use, just to buy a subscription for ql?
    It doesnt work like that
    How do you buy stuff online without a credit card? Did you know you can get videogames, computers, consoles, contact lenses, books and everything you can imagine cheaper online?

Honestly, I don't know where these people come from. It's like the cheapest cheapskates in the world all come out of hiding to play Quake Live because they heard it was free. No wonder the advertisers got the hell out really fast.
    Aways ensure you are maintaining a high FPS rate in QL. Otherwise you can be at a big disadvantage. To find out your current fps rate, use the command: "set cg_drawfps "1"".

*robzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by quakestreme View Post
    How do you buy stuff online without a credit card? Did you know you can get videogames, computers, consoles, contact lenses, books and everything you can imagine cheaper online?
    That why i use paypal and iDEAL (works everywhere in the netherlands and on loads of other sites).

Quote Originally Posted by quakestreme View Post
    Honestly, I don't know where these people come from. It's like the cheapest cheapskates in the world all come out of hiding to play Quake Live because they heard it was free. No wonder the advertisers got the hell out really fast.
    I said i wanted to buy the game since i first started playing it.
    I'm definitely not a cheapskate, the payment options are just to limited (imo and i heard loads of other people about this aswell).

Senior Member DeeDoubleU will become famous soon enough DeeDoubleU's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robzilla View Post
    It doesnt work like that
    Or ask your friend/relative who has a credit card to pay for you and return them money in cash?
    Real life? Life is real?!

Junior Member TwistedSpider is on a distinguished road
    It would be great if we could have some sort of affiliate program to invite new people... if a certain number of our referred players have a certain number of hours played we would then get premium for free or something like that!

*LightyMan
    Well. In Poland 1 dollar is like 5 dollars here. I dont have so much money so i am not going to do this. And turning off map that i played for years ex. campgrounds for only premiums or pros is bad idea. This community or game will die soon. I've seen loads of times Quake Community dying. It will happen soon of after but it will when ID will make changes like now. For free players there is only 25% of maps aviadable, where is rest? For premiums and Pros. Thats whz i dont like these changes. If they want money then why just dont make game payable from start instead of this subscription. I'd rather have all things aviadable from start then having to buy subscriptions just to play different map. Quake 3 was excellent succes from ID software. Multiplayer hot-action gameplay, return of strafejumping, mods and more. But Most of people suspect that Quake Live be like CPMA or even better. It turns out Quake Zero(Formally Quake Live) Turned out to be more as vanilla Quake 3. i've seen reactions of Subscriptions. This just annoys me as hell. Till this day i have original copy of Quake 3 Arena and Team Arena. But Quake Live for me is just a Time-Spender. I like different changes they did to game, like customizable HUd. Team options and easy Configuration but other than that they failed. they added awesome maps, And you have to pay for them to be playable. Also as mentioned Im Polish so im not English Master but i can say. Most of changes were pure Spirit of assnes of ID Software. And few Years Ago such a succes from a Quake I, Then Quake II which wasnt intended to be called like this, And Quake 3 Arena. Quake Live is cool. Better than Quake 4 for me But Quake 3 beats them all with almost eveyrthing.
    Last edited by LightyMan; 12-25-2012 at 07:18 AM.

Junior Member Tim is on a distinguished road
    I just purchased a pro account and it its really annoying me that i have to wait hours to get a pro server full with people. Why should I pay for a pro account to play the maps on my own? I really thougt, that if you have a pro account and start a match, that everybody can join to get a recent match. But ony pro or premium players can join. This will kill the last little quake scene. I`ve just cancelled the refresh of the pro account in one year. It would have been better to go out with my girlfriend and spend the 50 euros there.

Senior Member DeeDoubleU will become famous soon enough DeeDoubleU's Avatar
    Find more friends to invite and install invite script. It will help a bit.
    Real life? Life is real?!

Junior Member TwistedSpider is on a distinguished road
    I purchased a membership yesterday and cancelled it today. The community is just too unfriendly. I tried to play on premium a couple of times and are tired of it already. It always goes like... Go to spec.... kick the tier1 player... omg omg kick him... etc... feels like a witch-hunt. I'll stay with the free part of the game. What these guys don't realize is that they are shooting themselves in the foot in the long run.

+ Reply to Thread