+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Open your eyes - support quake live - purchase premium /pro or lose it

Member EyesX is on a distinguished road EyesX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c3 View Post
    This is a huge misconception. How have paying customers been mistreated?

Changes have only affected 'standard/free servers.' Paying customers are still awarded the same features they have had since their original purchase, have they not?

Do you believe that because some premium maps are available to standard players that paying customers are somehow mistreated? Sounds like people are just reaching to complain, it's irrational.

All subscription based companies use these tactics. It's called marketing and promotion with the means to capture more business. Temporary upgrades and changes are offered in all industries to 'free users' to entice them to upgrade. That's the whole point of a subscription service. You give them a taste and hope they pay for their service.

What happened here is ID allowed 'free users' a lot of flexibility and freedom within their system, so when ID decides to say enough is enough, we have bills to pay to keep the show runniing, everyone cry's wolf and quickly forgets that they haven't had to pay a dime up until this point.

In the end, we're talking $20 and it's just downright silly. If you find $20 over the span of a year expensive, then there's no hope for these people. Welcome to the real world.

-T
    So please, show me where I can play? There are only empty prem. server. Get in the game ffs, you make absolutely no sense at all. Typical ignorant...

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    2 purple

wow, wall of text - but yes you're right, my post count is less, and so is my time, but im not the one whining on the forums that im gonna leave, you are.

yet you're still here and polluting the forum.

Junior Member carbidschieter is on a distinguished road
    I paid for the subscription to show my gratitue for the developers who gave us this wonderful game. The additional features were a benefit but for me it was a way of giving back to the guys behind the scenes.

Also where is the idea creeping in that the community is being forced to pay? Just because a few maps were taken away from you ( only on rotation basis), it does not mean that they are forcing you to pay. You still have the choice.

I also don't get the relation between new players and subscriptions. New players are attracted to the game because their school or college friends play it. Getting people on board is not an easy thing and requires a marketing campaign that would not only appeal to the current generation but also take away customer bases from COD, WOW etc. Not an easy task and I doubt ID has the resources to do it.

Some of the players have thrown a hissy fit and acted like drama queens since the update. As if Id owes them or something. Quakelive is not a charity and there are costs associated with its development and maintenance. People are spending their precious time and money to keep this running. Without their work, the game would have rotten in the dumps. I feel that the updates are to encourage new players to take up premium and not to castigate the older ones.

Junior Member srooc is on a distinguished road
    Im not paying money for a game with no anticheat, poorly written netcode, no workable matchmaking and no ladder system. If they havent fixed the problems by now then they are unable too. How the mighty have fallen.

I forgot to mention a shuffle that usualy shuffles no players or stacks teams not to mention Syncerror allows his RL friends to tier slum and hack. They get none of my $. I did pay but did not renew.
    Last edited by srooc; 07-29-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Senior Member quakestreme is on a distinguished road
    You know who the people are that are killing the game? id, and also the people who will keep defending them no matter what giant steaming turd they come out with in updates.
    Aways ensure you are maintaining a high FPS rate in QL. Otherwise you can be at a big disadvantage. To find out your current fps rate, use the command: "set cg_drawfps "1"".

*PurpleDax
    Quote Originally Posted by Danstar View Post
    2 purple

wow, wall of text - but yes you're right, my post count is less, and so is my time, but im not the one whining on the forums that im gonna leave, you are.

yet you're still here and polluting the forum.
    You sir are a 900+ post TROLL with a 10 post alias account. You're not even a good troll given that you accidentally replied to me using your other account (Danstar) instead of the original posting account (Ca1iente). Not only that, but you didn't realize you were using your larger post account when you said your post count was less than mine, and you didn't realize you were using your longer time account when you said your time was less than mine.

You are BUSTED for trolling under an alias and everyone here can see it since what you wrote makes ZERO sense otherwise because clearly, under the name Danstar, you don't have less posts or less time than me here.

But just to address your actual trolled comment, absolutely nowhere in any posts I have made have I said I'm going to leave. Find my post that says I'm going to leave and post it to prove you're not an aliasing troll. You can't because I haven't said that once.

The only forum polluter is you and the funny thing is everyone in the community now knows the truth about you Danstar, I mean Ca1iente.

Edit: Obviously NOT coincidental, Ca1iente just happens to have recently played Capture the Flag on the same server where Danstar is always playing it and both players (one supposedly old and one supposedly new) just happen to have roughly the exact same accuracy (26.6% for Danstar and 27.7% for Ca1iente)....

BUSTED!
    Last edited by PurpleDax; 07-29-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Senior Member jigglyboobs is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by EyesX View Post
    So please, show me where I can play? There are only empty prem. server. Get in the game ffs, you make absolutely no sense at all. Typical ignorant...
    I agree with EyesX. This is the whole fallacy in their thinking. People don't pay for subscriptions to have "feature". They pay foremost to play against real people. When the people are gone, the value of all those "features" fall to zero.

Senior Member c3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Occi View Post
    This thread made me upgrade to Pro membership instead of Premium. Even if it's a case of whether or not Quake Live should only be able to live on if they manage to get enough income through ads or whatever I don't really care, I want Quake Live to stay.
    Launch your own server now .

I'd love to see this game blow up once again to prolong the life of tournament arena shooters. The competing shooters at this time are bleak, slow, boring, and quite depressing.

-T
    Last edited by c3; 07-29-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Senior Member c3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by EyesX View Post
    If you ever decide to offer any intelligent response, I'd love to converse. Until then, maybe I can find some cheese for you.

Member EyesX is on a distinguished road EyesX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c3 View Post
    If you ever decide to offer any intelligent response, I'd love to converse. Until then, maybe I can find some cheese for you.
    Thank you, that answer speaks for itself.

+ Reply to Thread