+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 100

Thread: Open your eyes - support quake live - purchase premium /pro or lose it

  1. #11
    *PurpleDax
    Guest
    What do you say to free players who are willing to pay but who are hesitant to do so because no matter how often you look there's just no one playing - standard or premium servers? I'm in Australia and that's my experience. I'd pay otherwise cause I love the game its fun as hell.

  2. #12
    Senior Member kristus is on a distinguished road kristus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    164
    I've had a pro sub since they were introduced. It's been the obvious option for me. And I've never felt that it was something that I was wasting my money on. But it of course required a bit from me to actually enjoy it. Like have a friends list and ask people to play with me. If anyone gets pro expecting that someone will do all the community connection things for you, you'll be disappointed. Just get some people on your list that you can game with and you will soon have a lot of people to play with.

  3. #13
    *PurpleDax
    Guest
    Fair enough. Unfortunately for me I want to play a game and not start a social network, so if that's what it takes I'm definitely out.

  4. #14
    *Ca1iente
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleDax View Post
    Fair enough. Unfortunately for me I want to play a game and not start a social network, so if that's what it takes I'm definitely out.
    i agree with you, however your account has 8 hours played, who is gonna miss you?

  5. #15
    Senior Member c3 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by SixtyFive View Post
    Contradict much?

    John Carmack made a statement in one of his keynotes that id software doesn't owe anything to the community.
    It works both ways. Provide worthy content or close the shop.
    Fortunately, no contradiction was made. You merely took one thing out of context and blurred the lines which apparently is easy to do when you disagree with something .

    I merely stated that the community has a job to do if they want this game to survive, do they not? The community loves this game, no doubt about it. However, reality kicks in and one must realize that Quake Live is in fact a business that requires funds to operate. If the community isn't alright with this, leave the complaining at the door and find yourself another game or pay your dues.

    I hear the argument, "I already paid for this game," so why pay again? Keep in mind that I am not accusing you of this argument, but game is a different animal with different needs to survive. Quake Live is Q3 reincarnate that requires ample community support to function as it is, or the game is lost.

    Simple.

    Are you suggesting Quake Live is not worthy of your time? This sounds a bit contradicting as I imagine you likely play this game a good deal because of your post on a Quake Live forum. I could be wrong.

    -T

  6. #16
    Senior Member c3 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleDax View Post
    What do you say to free players who are willing to pay but who are hesitant to do so because no matter how often you look there's just no one playing - standard or premium servers? I'm in Australia and that's my experience. I'd pay otherwise cause I love the game its fun as hell.
    If I were you, I wouldn't pay and wouldn't suggest that you do.

    It's situational, of course. For those of whom that play enough and deem this game their primary shooter, contribute to keep it going.

    -T

  7. #17
    Senior Member c3 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by EyesX View Post
    Pay for what? I do sub. but I would never recommend anyone else to sub. Your arguments fall short in every single word. This is not the way to go and definitively not the way to treat actually paying customers.
    This is a huge misconception. How have paying customers been mistreated?

    Changes have only affected 'standard/free servers.' Paying customers are still awarded the same features they have had since their original purchase, have they not?

    Do you believe that because some premium maps are available to standard players that paying customers are somehow mistreated? Sounds like people are just reaching to complain, it's irrational.

    All subscription based companies use these tactics. It's called marketing and promotion with the means to capture more business. Temporary upgrades and changes are offered in all industries to 'free users' to entice them to upgrade. That's the whole point of a subscription service. You give them a taste and hope they pay for their service.

    What happened here is ID allowed 'free users' a lot of flexibility and freedom within their system, so when ID decides to say enough is enough, we have bills to pay to keep the show runniing, everyone cry's wolf and quickly forgets that they haven't had to pay a dime up until this point.

    In the end, we're talking $20 and it's just downright silly. If you find $20 over the span of a year expensive, then there's no hope for these people. Welcome to the real world.

    -T

  8. #18
    Senior Member SixtyFive is on a distinguished road SixtyFive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by c3 View Post
    Fortunately, no contradiction was made. You merely took one thing out of context and blurred the lines which apparently is easy to do when you disagree with something .

    I merely stated that the community has a job to do if they want this game to survive, do they not?
    Community have no job to do if id software is a business and not a charity. They're customers and don't need an excuse to not pay. That's the contradiction. You spelling it out again proves i took nothing out of context and you being a blabbermouth.

    Quote Originally Posted by c3 View Post
    Are you suggesting Quake Live is not worthy of your time? This sounds a bit contradicting as I imagine you likely play this game a good deal because of your post on a Quake Live forum. I could be wrong.
    Well, it'd take a couple of seconds to see just how much i play these days via my profile. But it's easier to write a paragraph of trying to discredit my position.

  9. #19
    Junior Member Luuska is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3
    Instead of trying to force the small community they got to pay they should try to do something to attract new players. Small community forced to pay--> some quit some pay--> even smaller community--> more ppl quit cus no one to play with. So teh communty will jsut get smaller and smaller untill it completly vanish.

    So id say it would be better to try to get large community even if they dont pay. I mean can u really expect new ppl to pay for allmost 15y old game? Some of them probably werent even born when q3 came out. More ppl they get to play more they get paid from ads.

    Imo best way for community to support ql and id in this matter actually isnt to subscribe(call me crazy if u want), but instead attract those new plyers. There are lots of really good players left and yet i dont see any new q3 vids in you tube or any where. When ppl put their frag video or similar in you tube with link to gl its all free advertisement for ql and alot more valuable than those few dollars/euros we pay for subs.

  10. #20
    *PurpleDax
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca1iente View Post
    i agree with you, however your account has 8 hours played, who is gonna miss you?
    I started playing a few days ago. I've been on all day, every day. However, the 8 hrs does'nt include instaCTF which I've played mostly. Further, it doesn't included all the hours I would have played had there actually been games to play. Finally, what does it matter how many hours I've played? I've been saying all along I'm prepared to pay IF there are servers going, which there aren't. I could have played for fifty years but if there are no games there are no games.

    Besides, it is very misguided (and rude) of you to say that to a new player. This game has to be built by attracting new players and new subscribers. To consider only the opinion of the existing base and not that of those wanting to become a part of the existing base is naive...

    Plus, it's a bit rich of you to throw insinuations at me when your post count is LESS than mine and SO IS your time played....

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts