+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Open your eyes - support quake live - purchase premium /pro or lose it

Senior Member c3 is on a distinguished road

Open your eyes - support quake live - purchase premium /pro or lose it

It appears virtually every time ID makes a fairly significant change such as the recent update, many choose to let their frustrations loose in the form of irrational bickering and disagreement.

At this juncture in the life of Quake, it is undoubtedly coming to a swift conclusion if the community doesn't choose to support the game they cherish so much. Has anyone stopped to think for a moment that perhaps ID is invoking these recent changes such as call-voting because the community isn't doing its part in contributing to the survival of this game? More specifically, the community is not doing their part in contributing their dime to ensure Quake Live has the funds to continue operations?

ID does not have an endless pit of resources where they can call upon millions of dollars off their secret virtual money-tree, something that may surprise many of you. Quake Live is a business, and it cannot continue to run if it loses money for the company. I'm astounded that Quake is alive and kicking given its absurd unforeseen longevity. To my understanding, Quake Live is indeed a business failure which clearly and undeniably suggest this business venture is not turning a profit.

This could possibly be ID's last push, or a hail mary, to turn Quake Live into a profitible business (Hell, maybe even break even) that they can justify its continued operation. This means the community, its players, can continue strafing around while rocket jumping w/ wreckless abandon and joy. Does anyone understand this? It seems we prefer to ***** & moan while demanding that we should receive everything for free.

Support your game and contribute, or potentially lose the game in its entirety. You may accomplish this by purchasing premium. Last time I checked, this costs around $20. Only $20 to purchase premium for a years worth of service??? Why is this even a discussion? Why aren't we all premium players, yet alone PRO subscribed players?

The community has a choice. Purchase a subscription, or lose the game. I love this game, but I wouldn't keep it around if it were lightening my wallet.

-T

Member EyesX is on a distinguished road EyesX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c3 View Post
    It appears virtually every time ID makes a fairly significant change such as the recent update, many choose to let their frustrations loose in the form of irrational bickering and disagreement.

At this juncture in the life of Quake, it is undoubtedly coming to a swift conclusion if the community doesn't choose to support the game they cherish so much. Has anyone stopped to think for a moment that perhaps ID is invoking these recent changes such as call-voting because the community isn't doing its part in contributing to the survival of this game? More specifically, the community is not doing their part in contributing their dime to ensure Quake Live has the funds to continue operations?

ID does not have an endless pit of resources where they can call upon millions of dollars off their secret virtual money-tree, something that may surprise many of you. Quake Live is a business, and it cannot continue to run if it loses money for the company. I'm astounded that Quake is alive and kicking given its absurd unforeseen longevity. To my understanding, Quake Live is indeed a business failure which clearly and undeniably suggest this business venture is not turning a profit.

This could possibly be ID's last push, or a hail mary, to turn Quake Live into a profitible business (Hell, maybe even break even) that they can justify its continued operation. This means the community, its players, can continue strafing around while rocket jumping w/ wreckless abandon and joy. Does anyone understand this? It seems we prefer to ***** & moan while demanding that we should receive everything for free.

Support your game and contribute, or potentially lose the game in its entirety. You may accomplish this by purchasing premium. Last time I checked, this costs around $20. Only $20 to purchase premium for a years worth of service??? Why is this even a discussion? Why aren't we all premium players, yet alone PRO subscribed players?

The community has a choice. Purchase a subscription, or lose the game. I love this game, but I wouldn't keep it around if it were lightening my wallet.

-T
    Pay for what? I do sub. but I would never recommend anyone else to sub. Your arguments fall short in every single word. This is not the way to go and definitively not the way to treat actually paying customers.

Senior Member SixtyFive is on a distinguished road SixtyFive's Avatar
    the community is not doing their part in contributing their dime to ensure Quake Live has the funds to continue operations?
    Quake Live is a business
    Contradict much?

John Carmack made a statement in one of his keynotes that id software doesn't owe anything to the community.
    It works both ways. Provide worthy content or close the shop.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SixtyFive View Post
    Contradict much?

John Carmack made a statement in one of his keynotes that id software doesn't owe anything to the community.
    It works both ways. Provide worthy content or close the shop.
    Well frankly he'd be right, they have always given more to the community (tools, sourcecode, running QL for years at a loss) than maybe any other company.
    Anyone that feels they're owed something for buying X game X years ago.... got the game they bought at the time in return for that, and probably many MANY more years use out of it than any other game.
    Last edited by Yakumo; 07-28-2012 at 01:19 PM.

*DAJaguar
    So how much does the server side cost ? hmmm very little years ago we played on a quake 3 server that cost nothing as it was installed on small area of a companies hdd and it was fun . but to say no one supports the game or the company lol cmon yak this is crap , the cost of the server these days and the network is minor. i am sure that the adverts more than pay for it

*schwetyballs
    ID is a thing of the past... They can't make any money off their new games so they are trying to get money from their biggest gaming base. Here's and idea... Sell the rights to quake and destroy your company now. Either make everyone pay or get rid of it. This in between **** isn't working.

Senior Member muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DAJaguar View Post
    cmon yak this is crap , the cost of the server these days and the network is minor. i am sure that the adverts more than pay for it
    You can post anything to support this or are you just venting frustration ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Friedman
    All flying saucers are UFO`s not all UFO`s are flying saucers.

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    Vigilanteville, Moderation State, The World.
    Quote Originally Posted by DAJaguar View Post
    So how much does the server side cost ? hmmm very little years ago we played on a quake 3 server that cost nothing as it was installed on small area of a companies hdd and it was fun . but to say no one supports the game or the company lol cmon yak this is crap , the cost of the server these days and the network is minor. i am sure that the adverts more than pay for it
    It cost YOU nothing, but it certainly wasn't free.

Junior Member Occi is on a distinguished road
    This thread made me upgrade to Pro membership instead of Premium. Even if it's a case of whether or not Quake Live should only be able to live on if they manage to get enough income through ads or whatever I don't really care, I want Quake Live to stay.

Senior Member runny is on a distinguished road
    you wont be disappointed occi :> good move to upgrade dude spawn ur own server, great customization options, and can invite upto 5 standard friends

nice maps etc too!

+ Reply to Thread