+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75

Thread: Petition to remove the inability to select maps in free servers/return to last patch.

Junior Member Per0x1de is on a distinguished road
    I uh, want to know, if I pay premium or whatever, do I get to run my own server script, what's the deal here? Can I not /rcon map at any time and change the map to whatever I want or any of that stuff? Can I not at least choose what map runs and not have to rely on their monthly map cycles? What's the deal here, I'm thinking about buying but I wanna know that I can pick whatever maps I want first.

Senior Member D_R is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Per0x1de View Post
    I uh, want to know, if I pay premium or whatever, do I get to run my own server script, what's the deal here? Can I not /rcon map at any time and change the map to whatever I want or any of that stuff? Can I not at least choose what map runs and not have to rely on their monthly map cycles? What's the deal here, I'm thinking about buying but I wanna know that I can pick whatever maps I want first.
    What would be the point?
    Every pro and his mother would spawn the wanted maps publicly and the whole system of "map rotation forces players to pay" fails because free users get access to all the content.

You can play everything you want, if you get people to play with you.
    The server however will be premium. If you still expect standard users to jump in, your only way will be invitation.

AFAIK- as a free user-
    German RA3 since 2001 [p]lague, rdm team-radium, n!faculty, pRophecy
    European CTF since 2009

Competitive? I beat friggin battletoads, get lost...

Censorship AND Infractions for inappropriate language? I think that's a bit redundant, try-hards

Junior Member Per0x1de is on a distinguished road
    Oh, what a let down. I'm glad I didn't buy premium/pro membership then, i woulda been PISSSSED and getting a refund. Fast.

Junior Member Fjesk is on a distinguished road
    /Signed

I agree 100% with the op, and the logic behind this is just beyond me.

/signed

turned off tv at 0am to quake. found dozens of players crumbled in one server. couldnt get a single game of preference due to lack of similiar servers (that one was always full).
    wasted 2 hours. hooray!
    European CTF since 2009

Censorship AND Infractions for inappropriate language? I think that's a bit redundant, try-hards

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    There's only one reason this wouldn't have been reverted already, and that's it brought in more subscribers than any other change or content addition. It's not going to change.

While I am quite sure that's what sponge posted "somewhere", it doesn't generally have to be that way.

If standard users did cost more money than they bring, simply cutting some off would already be a benefit - no matter if the paying customers actually increased (as long as they do not run for it as well).
    Not saying that's what it is, but businesses become cheaper about their cost politics daily

TLDR
    turnover is NOT the only possible reason for business decisions, profit is
    European CTF since 2009

Senior Member DEICIDE is on a distinguished road
    So much about the community voice.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    We have zero intention on removing or overhauling the map rotation system at this time. In addition to being the update that brought in the most amount of new subscribers ever, it also resulted in a tenfold increase in how many players were playing on user-spawned servers, which made it way easier for Pro subscribers to be able to use the match spawning that they're subscribing for. (The map rotations also haven't been around for 4 years.)

While I'm sorry that you see it as dismal, we clearly don't see it that way, and if I didn't care I wouldn't have bothered to reply.
    here you go.

Senior Member mi will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    The map rotation is probably nearly the sole reason that we are still (successfully) operating as a service today.
    We have zero intention on removing or overhauling the map rotation system at this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by SyncError View Post
    In Start-a-match, you may still add any map into the map pool, regardless of whether its a Standard or Premium server.
    Quote Originally Posted by D_R View Post
    Every pro and his mother would spawn the wanted maps publicly and the whole system of "map rotation forces players to pay" fails because free users get access to all the content.
    imho the ability to spawn standard server with all maps is an overhaul of the rotation system. With enough pro-spawned std servers, the monthly rotation will be meaningless.

+ Reply to Thread