+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to remove the inability to select maps in free servers/return to last patch.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danstar View Post
    there are ctf maps that will NEVER be played on premium servers which were fun before this change happend, and dont tell me you can gather the right people for it, you can't.

premium is a thing of 5 maps rotating which isnt anything different than before.. people dont wanna play: finnegans, rebound, skyward, etc etc .. it comes down to the same 3-5 maps ALL the time and nothing you do will change that.
    It's possible to get games with Rebound and Skyward, but they're pretty much only playable if it's with friends-only (nobody likes Finnegan's small corridors), prox mine off (I spawn my CTF servers with them off so Rebound is playable. I'll probably have to turn off the invulnerability bubble as well, but unfortunately I don't believe you can remove specific powerups
    Quote Originally Posted by Heafmo View Post
    And on both of these you can callvote map.

And if 2 people have pro accts and have greasemonkey auto-invite script enabled (comes automatically with QLprism) even standard members can play on any map they like, they just need invite to the game.
    You can't callvote maps on Standard servers. You can only choose from the maps at the end.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    ye pika and thats a waste ... those maps are liked by a lot of people, most dont have prem - and the ones that do rarely seem to come together (on ta maps specifically), it shouldnt be the task of us the playerbase to organize 1 game that might even end unbalanced (8-0 trash games) and then to move on to the next with the statement "we just played it" as if thats playing ..

you get what i mean im sure, i've said it all along that this update may seem good for ca players, but on ctf where you need at least 4vs4 to it actually get some kind of good drive to it, this doesnt work out.

i played 1 game of rebound where it was prem, vs 1 mate 1 on 1 and it was fun but dude... we played this map for years.. ***?

try starting it now and ur lucky if 1 or 2 people join. i dont wanna friend people i just like to play against either just to prosper the activity of these maps. its not gonna work, and join and play is the only thing that made this game worthwhile for the majority of users.

not having to organize this like its some event everytime you play.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    You can't callvote maps on Standard servers. You can only choose from the maps at the end.
    False. You can callvote on Pro created standard servers (if they enabled it). You are however limited to the standard map pool.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    i might add, im in europe where the activity seems to be the biggest, and it doesnt work out here - so how is it gonna work anywhere else on the planet?

good luck.

edit: if i start a server now on maps i know will be played (japa castles / spider / iron works / courtyard) sure the server will fill up, but callvote a map like skyward and more than half leave or whine and then leave etc.

try to picture it just once and you might understand what im aiming for. its only been a week of the new map rotation and the maps on standard are already worn out, on prem you get only 3-5 maps and the rest is collecting dust, thats the point im trying to make - why is this so hard to understand?

then.. by all means either make it pay4all (which prolly would suck if people cant sub due to no CC or other reasons) but then at least you will see how your wishful thinking is bound to fail.

its a 15 (?) yo game that has its fans, from all conceivable angles and map lovers it just comes down to one thing: no map diversity, so we are inclined to play what the devs offer for free cus the majority of users is/are non-subscibers. and this my friends.. sucks hard
    Last edited by danstar; 11-14-2012 at 10:58 AM.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    ye pika and thats a waste ... those maps are liked by a lot of people, most dont have prem - and the ones that do rarely seem to come together (on ta maps specifically), it shouldnt be the task of us the playerbase to organize 1 game that might even end unbalanced (8-0 trash games) and then to move on to the next with the statement "we just played it" as if thats playing ..

you get what i mean im sure, i've said it all along that this update may seem good for ca players, but on ctf where you need at least 4vs4 to it actually get some kind of good drive to it, this doesnt work out.

i played 1 game of rebound where it was prem, vs 1 mate 1 on 1 and it was fun but dude... we played this map for years.. ***?

try starting it now and ur lucky if 1 or 2 people join. i dont wanna friend people i just like to play against either just to prosper the activity of these maps. its not gonna work, and join and play is the only thing that made this game worthwhile for the majority of users.

not having to organize this like its some event everytime you play.
    Yeah, for CA it's EXTREMELY easy to get games going. You practically could get a game started in 5 minutes without having to message a single person. However, as you said, CTF is a completely different story. I spawned a server during a downtime and while we did have 6 people in the server ready to play, we didn't want to start until we'd had enough for a 4v4. However, since it wasn't the prime time for North America, those other 2 players couldn't be found and I ended up closing the server after people left.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to make a "Wallfly" for QL that allows you to join by entering a command.

u will notice if all is for free, the activity overall is insane - there are many heads out there that would love to enjoy a lot but its not offered - sure it is but some cant even pay due to (whatever reason, pick one- some are disapointed and wont re-pay especially for choices the devs made just without further a due cus the focus group desired it but the actually community isnt even informed).

start a server on lets say scornforge (sure not everyone likes it but some people do) - you wont get a game going, unless all the planets and stars are alligned or something.

that shouldnt be the point of buying the game to not beeing able to play the maps you desire, it remains the same issue, so in that aspect nothing has changed.

and yes sometimes u need to gather peeps for prem (it can be fun as im not anti-social) but there are maps where it would be just fun if they were always available.

*baerlic
    i might add, im in europe where the activity seems to be the biggest, and it doesnt work out here - so how is it gonna work anywhere else on the planet?

good luck.

edit: if i start a server now on maps i know will be played (japa castles / spider / iron works / courtyard) sure the server will fill up, but callvote a map like skyward and more than half leave or whine and then leave etc.

try to picture it just once and you might understand what im aiming for. its only been a week of the new map rotation and the maps on standard are already worn out, on prem you get only 3-5 maps and the rest is collecting dust, thats the point im trying to make - why is this so hard to understand?

then.. by all means either make it pay4all (which prolly would suck if people cant sub due to no CC or other reasons) but then at least you will see how your wishful thinking is bound to fail.

its a 15 (?) yo game that has its fans, from all conceivable angles and map lovers it just comes down to one thing: no map diversity, so we are inclined to play what the devs offer for free cus the majority of users is/are non-subscibers. and this my friends.. sucks hard
    This man speaks truth. Should be 3 playable CTF maps for standard at all times. Rotation shouldn't change so dramatically every month. Keep 90% of the maps the same and just change 1 or 2 each time. Japanese Castles should be standard all the time imo since its one of the easiest and simplest maps for new players.

thx for support, i dont mean this to end up in a flame-war everyone is entitled to their own opinions, there will always be yes and nae sayers but still.. read the last 3 pages and it should stick out that this still is a problem, regardless of the activity on prem maps.

(which doesnt have the diversity we want, and yes i say WE cus a lot of mates dont post on the forums but i see the boredom going through servers when maps we actually desire to play for a change arent doable because then everything leaves.)

Member Heafmo is on a distinguished road
    wow.. as if i dont know this, still you wont gather enough prem people for various maps which were used for years while they were standard, you completely didn't understand the notion i put out there just now.

you callvote certain maps people leave, dont try to deny something i see everytime i play.

nvm lol, just looked at your profile, you beeing a ca player doesn't help one bit in comprehending where the problem lies for another gametype.
    Yes, maybe I missed your point initially, I think I'm starting to understand the issue, but you act like we need prem players to fill them, WE DONT, pro players can invite up to 5 standard members and QLPrism has an auto-invite script that responds to people messaging you with the word 'invite'.

Please, keep calm and not revel in your feeling of superiority.

At the moment I'm trying my best to run around telling everybody, pro, premium, standard about my idea and I'm trying to flesh out a wealthy friends list and clanbase.

Am I still missing the point? Or worse, Is this just destined to result in nothing?

Edit: I found this http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...546#post241546

Doesn't look hopeful. Please help, what can we do as a community bar whining to ID for their seemingly awful decisions.

Sometimes I think we'd be better off if Quake live never existed, then maybe we'd all torrent Q3 and play CPMA and have a fuller, quaker life.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 11-14-2012 at 12:29 PM.

its not about feeling superior in any fashion, its about voicing what many people i know dont speak up, prolly (if its even possible) is to start an official poll on the site straight after you login, make every user with an account thats been registered before the update able to vote on it.

then we all have clarity.

+ Reply to Thread