+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 75 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to remove the inability to select maps in free servers/return to last patch.

Member Heafmo is on a distinguished road
    /signed (or make it so pro acct's can invite up to 10 ppl... read on)

You know what, I understand where everybody is coming from, it does make it slightly awkward but this actually gives the community a kick in the right direction, hear me out:

Pro players can invite up to 5 people to join in a match... so 2 pro players = a potential 6v6. I find many pro players around playing here and there so surely that should be achievable.

I'm willing to use my subscription for 6 months to keep a TDM server going, I'll set up an auto-invite script so all anyone has to do is friend me and send me a message saying 'invite' to get into the game. It'll be spawned by pro acct so you can callvote map and pick any map you like from the map pool. Only being able to invite 5 players is a bit of a pain in that sense because say if I'm AFK, f2p players would have to play 2v2 until more join with premium... or another pro acct with the initiative to set up auto-invite script.

So guys cmon, with a little bit of initiative we can make this into what we want, Yes the method I mention involves spending money for others benefit, yes you'd have to add people, no it's not as easy, but if we can play decent maps on the settings we want, it's worth it right? and when Free2Play players see all these cool gametypes going on they'll want to play more themselves, then they might want to set up a server type of their own and buy pro themselves...

As much as I hated the changes, I fail to see what we as a community are actually doing about it!!!!

'/signed' won't do anything, if they go back to old method those of us pro/prem don't have so much of a reason to keep subscribing which means less money which means more 'cash cow' antics from ID (hate you ID)...

Is anyone following my line of thought or am I clearly bat-balls crazy when I say I remember when gamers used to be resourceful, smart, reasonable and often fought against the system rather than asking it to succumb to their every whim.

I hate this era.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 11-14-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Embrosio View Post
    Because this account user and pass are memorized in chrome, while my main isn't.

I do not see why it makes a difference... your opinion is not worth more or less then mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danstar View Post
    if you have a 2 hour account and not a real one to back it up then my opinion is based on experience and yours on hot air.
    That and the lack of posting the main account shows that you're either too afraid to post your main one or that you're just making it up.

*The below is in general and not in reply to the quotes*

I'm still surprised this thread is still open when it's been stated several times that id has no plans on reverting to how it used to be. Basically, if you're too lazy to make a friends list and invite people, it's pretty much your fault. If you can't find 2 Premium players to fill a Pro-spawned gametype (because you can probably find the 5 Standards fairly easily), then maybe you should actually use the friends list.

These people complaining seem to have such a hard time filling up a server, when it literally takes no more than 10 minutes if you haven't already got people interested from a Standard server. If it takes more than 10 minutes it's probably because you're just sitting in the server waiting for people to join; you need to actively invite people at times as they may not notice it in the server browser due to filters/etc.

*Embrosio
    Quote Originally Posted by Danstar View Post
    if you have a 2 hour account and not a real one to back it up then my opinion is based on experience and yours on hot air.
    My account goes from 3 hours to 2 hours ? LOL
    Besides, no lifeing doesn't make your opinion more valuable

OK Well it's clear from Pikaluva that my idea isn't so revolutionary.

Pikaluva is right. I'll say it again "am I clearly bat-balls crazy when I say I remember when gamers used to be resourceful, smart, reasonable and often fought against the system rather than asking it to succumb to their every whim."
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 11-14-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    *EXCUSES DETECTED*
    Seriously, you're either just writing crap as an alias because you're too scared to post your main account or because you're making it up.

The point is that literally anyone could create multiple accounts in order just to make it appear that there's a lot more people in disfavor. However, if you used a main account that actually had more game time on it, then there's more validity with your statements.

Also, what point did calling Danstar a "no-lifer" accomplish towards what you want? (Which *won't* happen) I'm almost positive that more people would value Danstar's opinion higher than yours because he appears more active in the game, and therefore, actually has a valid opinion. As stated, you might just be an alias with half of the single-poster accounts in here.

EDIT as I forgot to reply to Heafmo originally: Being able to invite 10 people would completely negate the purpose of buying Premium. Just have someone buy a Pro subscription for each gametype and as long as you didn't mind watching the ads (or just waiting if you've got AdBlock) and didn't care to be in more than 1 clan, you're pretty much set. Just join that single server and you'd be able to play all day as long as you didn't get kicked. Most of the people complaining are just too cheap or too lazy to do anything about it.
    Last edited by pikaluva13; 11-14-2012 at 01:04 AM.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    seems like you are talking about your iq and not hours.

actually my opinion is more valuable in regards of this thread because you cannot back it up on a 1 hour account (this is a test of your intelligence btw lol) where as someone who spends more time on the game can generally give a better opinion and feedback IN REGARDS OF THIS THREAD... i know this mentally challenges you but thats ok, keep responding on your fake account, i wanna see who you really are.

@heafmo

there are ctf maps that will NEVER be played on premium servers which were fun before this change happend, and dont tell me you can gather the right people for it, you can't.

premium is a thing of 5 maps rotating which isnt anything different than before.. people dont wanna play: finnegans, rebound, skyward, etc etc .. it comes down to the same 3-5 maps ALL the time and nothing you do will change that.

maybe it works for your mode because the maps you wanna play are in use but there are a lot more users who have stopped due to this change and its simply not gonna happen that everyone will subscribe.

i must admit though that prem activity on some days (last sunday 5 public prem ctf servers in europe in the evening) has risen but the map diversity only happens on standard servers which are the maps id provides for free to play. (big thanks to crozar for enabling a lot of new premium faces or this wouldnt be the case either.)

and that .. is not a proper system - not for the paying users nor for the non-paying ones.
    Last edited by danstar; 11-14-2012 at 07:38 AM. Reason: reply to heafmo

Danster. Servers created by Pro Accounts can callvote ANY map...

I'm pretty sure...

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heafmo View Post

I'm pretty sure...
    Pro players can create two kind of servers :
    1. Standard. Those use the standard map pool.
    2. Premium. Those use the complete map pool.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    Pro players can create two kind of servers :
    1. Standard. Those use the standard map pool.
    2. Premium. Those use the complete map pool.
    And on both of these you can callvote map.

And if 2 people have pro accts and have greasemonkey auto-invite script enabled (comes automatically with QLprism) even standard members can play on any map they like, they just need invite to the game.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heafmo View Post

I'm pretty sure...
    wow.. as if i dont know this, still you wont gather enough prem people for various maps which were used for years while they were standard, you completely didn't understand the notion i put out there just now.

you callvote certain maps people leave, dont try to deny something i see everytime i play.

nvm lol, just looked at your profile, you beeing a ca player doesn't help one bit in comprehending where the problem lies for another gametype.
    Last edited by danstar; 11-14-2012 at 09:39 AM.

+ Reply to Thread