+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 75 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to remove the inability to select maps in free servers/return to last patch.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Embrosio View Post
    I like the new rules, no more dm6 and ztn 24/7
    and you are who?

Time Played: 3 hours
    Last Game: 3 days ago
    Wins: 1
    Losses / Quits: 16 / 5
    Frags / Deaths: 81 / 129
    Hits / Shots: 2,424 / 8,628

if you are a new player at this point you didnt even know the old system lol

*Embrosio
    Quote Originally Posted by Danstar View Post
    and you are who?

Time Played: 3 hours
    Last Game: 3 days ago
    Wins: 1
    Losses / Quits: 16 / 5
    Frags / Deaths: 81 / 129
    Hits / Shots: 2,424 / 8,628

if you are a new player at this point you didnt even know the old system lol
    This is my alt account, i have pro subscription on my main and i have been playing since early 2010.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    i see, so why not voice your opinion on that instead of a 3 hour account?

Junior Member Sir_Broon is on a distinguished road
    /singed!

map selection this month on iCTF & CA IMO... see u next month
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 11-13-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Junior Member Hatclub is on a distinguished road
    (TL;DR, just read the first couple of pages) Is this why there's no maps to choose from anymore? I did wonder what was up with the map selections when I came back after a long break.

I did in fact try to buy pro ages ago, and the purchase wouldn't go through - they wouldn't take my card. So with that, and this, it's basically screwed everything. Bravo.

Senior Member quakestreme is on a distinguished road
    Because so many people online lie, act like they know a lot about subjects they know little or nothing about, and often actually think they're helping something with their lies. About the same level as the types of people who join a CA match and ruin the game by imbalancing it, then disconnect except they do the damage more subtly over time and we end up with the sort of situation we now have.

If every weapon apart from MG and PG was taken out, you'd still have players coming in swearing this was one of the best things id ever did, they actually like the new rules and think they made quake live better. It'd only be the tiniest percentage of players like it is now, but it would happen.
    Aways ensure you are maintaining a high FPS rate in QL. Otherwise you can be at a big disadvantage. To find out your current fps rate, use the command: "set cg_drawfps "1"".

Junior Member Tibian is on a distinguished road
    I STILL DONT BELIEVE that id ruined the game!!!! Every day i am joining and dont believe that i cant play dm6... Every day i am shocked. I just wana cry because of it.... T_T PLS give back campgrounds its the favourite map for 90% players!!!! Cant play quakelive nomore.... Hope next month i will join and see that i can play campgrounds....
    /signed

*Embrosio
    Because this account user and pass are memorized in chrome, while my main isn't.

I do not see why it makes a difference... your opinion is not worth more or less then mine.

Junior Member th3vIL is on a distinguished road
    Actually, the Problem is not that there is no dm6 anymore in the cycle. Some people were pissed of because of dm6 all the time. The problem is not that people would have to pay to play their favourite maps. And the problem is not that the game is pretty expensive when signing up compared to other "modern" games.

I think the problem of the mapcycle is that the players are split into two groups. Paying customers that want to play a particular map will not play with players that prefer playing the free version. If you want it that way, don't call it free but demo. I just returned to playing QL and I will always return after any pause I will ever make (that's what happened the last 10 years) and I'm pretty sure that I will subscribe - but I just don't want to have QL dying. I was so euphoric that this old game that I played all my life got back to life... with cups and ladders and a vivid scene that is more than just the pros that don't want to learn a new game... I think it is hard enough to get into a game where about 89% of the players are playing this game for over 10 years and with so many sick skills. And now new players have to play crap maps as well - most of the time. We want new players, don't we? To me it seems to be a nub area those "standard" servers.
    You don't have to enable the map vote. But I think you have to change anything about this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Embrosio View Post
    Because this account user and pass are memorized in chrome, while my main isn't.

I do not see why it makes a difference... your opinion is not worth more or less then mine.
    if you have a 2 hour account and not a real one to back it up then my opinion is based on experience and yours on hot air.

+ Reply to Thread