+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 75 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to remove the inability to select maps in free servers/return to last patch.

Junior Member sags is on a distinguished road
    signed....................

Senior Member Mr_Bombadil1 is on a distinguished road
    yeah signed,
    aus ictf is pretty much dead now, reason being people are sick of the same maps.

*smackahontas
    @pikaluva13:

"You do realize that the people in support of the update have nothing to gain by posting, right?" - so why lam, runnyunder, YMCMB and you constantly perform this trick on such topics? oh wait, you actually just post in every thread.

"people ... think that if they complain enough that id will switch back to how it was" - it is their last hope, what is wrong with that?

"go take a look at my profile" - done. you are damn unskilled. you played 1.1 months and hit 22 lg and 30 rg. rofl. i recommend you to practise more (3980 games played) instead of spaming the forums (4367 posts).

"Just because you can see the people on the forum complaining, that doesn't mean that there's not an equal amount of supporters. You can't just assume something when the entire population isn't taken account for." - nice piece of logic. obama gets 99% and romney gets 1% of the votes, pikaluva13 jumps in: romney won, because most didn't vote and we need to take into account the whole population. it is as simple as that: when you don't participate on an election, you can't vote. start a petition to keep the new map voting and we will see how many supporters you get. hf hehehehe

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smackahontas View Post
    "Just because you can see the people on the forum complaining, that doesn't mean that there's not an equal amount of supporters. You can't just assume something when the entire population isn't taken account for." - nice piece of logic. obama gets 99% and romney gets 1% of the votes, pikaluva13 jumps in: romney won, because most didn't vote and we need to take into account the whole population. it is as simple as that: when you don't participate on an election, you can't vote. start a petition to keep the new map voting and we will see how many supporters you get. hf hehehehe
    @stats: Ooh, I'm so hurt. I guess low stats on a profile are supposed to hurt my feelings when I started PC FPS games with QL and was at about 15% overall accuracy up to a year ago when I made the switch from CA to CTF. Moving on (good off-topic attack though, it really helped get your point across)

@quoted: ...what? These aren't even remotely related. For one, the Popular vote is completely useless in the elections as the Electoral wins the Presidency. Second, I never said there *was* an equal amount; I said that it's possible that there could be. Why would I need to start a petition for something that wasn't going to change?

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    This isn't a vote, this is a petition. Most people don't just go out of their way to say "I don't like this petition.", they just ignore it (while they would vote no). Therefor, you can claim that X people agree with you but not that the majority agrees with you. That's what logic would say.

Member ephix1a is an unknown quantity at this point ephix1a's Avatar
    I'm a paying member, but still.. /signed

Junior Member EkOrO is on a distinguished road
    /signed!!!!! at least bring campgrounds back in the mix

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...ight=poll+vote

finally more players should vote one that poll instead of this petition, to have a two-sided and accurate quantification of the opinions.
    vote noobs.
    There's most likely representativness and sample size issues but at least you have something now. Good job.
    I'm not gonna vote, though. I'm a subscriber so I don't care.

Junior Member opcion is an unknown quantity at this point
    10 characters

/signed

*smackahontas
    this is a modified and child-friendly version of the post that FlashSoul has quoted.

---Start---

@pikaluva13:

"I'm so hurt." - i know. that is why you come up with excuses.

"good off-topic attack though" - thx.

"For one, the Popular vote is completely useless in the elections as the Electoral wins the Presidency." - i made a simple fictional comparison, and you bore me with the american election system? plz tell me more about that and off-topic attacks.

"Second, I never said there *was* an equal amount; I said that it's possible that there could be." - i love assumptions. but i prefer statements with content: The majority is against the new map voting! (c) smackahontas

"Why would I need to start a petition for something that wasn't going to change?" - i have got a much better question for you: why you post multiple times in a petition for something that isn't going to change, while you are against it?

@FlashSoul:

"This isn't a vote, this is a petition." - mmmkay.

"Most people don't just go out of their way to say "I don't like this petition.", they just ignore it (while they would vote no)." - i know that petitions are one-sided, but it ain't my fault.

"Therefor, you can claim that X people agree with you but not that the majority agrees with you." - mmeeeeeephhh, i can claim that x people and the majority agrees on that by taking something more two-sided than a petition into consideration: a poll:
    http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...ight=poll+vote
    smackahontas can, never doubt that.

"That's what logic would say." - logic says what i said, you can't vote when you don't show up. i ain't going to rely on assumptions on how many there are that would disagree but didn't show up. i only take facts into consideration.

finally more players should vote one that poll instead of this petition, to have a two-sided and accurate quantification of the opinions.
    vote now or be quiet forever.

---End---

the original got reported and deleted.

@FlashSoul:

"There's most likely representativness and sample size issues but at least you have something now. Good job. I'm not gonna vote, though." - i said: you can't vote when you don't show up. you aren't going to show up while you complain about representativeness and sample size issues.
    Last edited by smackahontas; 11-03-2012 at 03:06 PM. Reason: was still not child-friendly enough

+ Reply to Thread