+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 75 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to remove the inability to select maps in free servers/return to last patch.

*smackahontas
    hahahaha, it is so funny.

"Thread: Players that play with 3D items have an advantage over 2D items, we need a new cvar"
    in this thread about 15 nerds whine that simpleitems are easier to difference and 3d items are easier to spot, although the cfg is actually designed to apply the settings that you prefer.
    what happens? id cares, implements a new cvar and modifies another.

"Thread: Petition to remove the inability to select maps in free servers/return to last patch."
    in this thread about 550 players agree that the new map voting is crap and they want the old one back.
    what happens? ...

Senior Member insect is on a distinguished road insect's Avatar
    /signed

The change in business model is interesting, like a 180 degree turn. Earlier new maps were free for everyone to try, now they are excluded from the free map pool.

before:
    Similar to our last update, the three new arenas will be available FREE for all players, for the first week, after which they will return to Premium status. Everyone is invited to hop on and check out the new content!
    after:
    Newly released arenas will remain exclusive for at least three months, but every other arena is eligible to be included in the cycle.

Junior Member PractiT1oneR is on a distinguished road
    /signed
    I m just a return customer due to the newly relaunch of Singapore server. I find it very inconvenient and restricted when playing free server. Last time it was better

*Jericho1
    OK guys I just came back online after 5 months of no computer. I come back online and the game has almost no one in it. It looks like everyone quit and all. In 5 months I feel because of the inability to choose maps and the lack of maps allowed for you to play on has forced many of us players to quit this game and leave forever. The problem is most of us play quake for fun, some of us buy pro or prem to get bonus things to play around with. But now QL restricts every aspect of the game. Many of us pro and prem players quit because most people used to play on the public servers. But now with everyone quitting from these new restrictions pro and prem players will quit because you will only be able to play with the same players over and over in your server. I believe these new restrictions are going to lead to the death of this game much quicker now . Most of my friends on my former account have already quit the game and I feel I will be doing so too. No dm6 no ztn no CTF4 on public servers. Then we all drop the game. Sorry Quake but taking away the favorite maps will take away the customers and the potential for customers.

[COLOR="rgb(255, 140, 0)"]/SIGNED DEFINITELY!!![/COLOR]

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    so creating an account just to post 4 times the same thing (with made up data) is going to "save" quake?

Junior Member of_wax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfrogs View Post
    Firstly, I'm a paying customer.

This really was not a smart choice by the dev team. Not only are you turning paying customers away by giving out the paid maps for free, you're also almost certainly going to lose a vast majority of your playerbase in the free section due to players being forced to play maps that aren't really suited for a 5v5+ CA, and what did you expect to gain? A few thousand dollars at most?

I had a lot of respect for the Quakelive team due to keeping such a wonderful game still alive and beating for free, and allowing gamers from every corner to enjoy such a skillful/fair game. This respect has completely gone as of this patch.

As a paying customer who had no worry paying the small fee, even though I wasn't utilising all the benefits; I will not be renewing my subscription or playing until/if this is fixed, along with my 5 other friends who play regularly, and have played almost since quaklive was up.

/signed.
    just look at the duel servers ... how many duel servers are running now ? how many people are playing ?

/sign

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by of_wax View Post
    just look at the duel servers ... how many duel servers are running now ? how many people are playing ?

/sign
    According to qlranks creator on ESR, there are 3500 duels a day.

Senior Member OmeK is on a distinguished road OmeK's Avatar
    i see the op and all of signers point of view, but i like the way is it now, and i: /do not sign

*smackahontas
    man, YMCMB, can't you just realize that the new map voting is crap and the majority dislikes it?
    like any other thread about this topic, this one is full of you commenting on people that dislike the update.
    we got about 550 players that signed against a few (mostly subscribers) that unsigned.
    the reason is that the gametypes beside clan arena (now guess what YMCMB plays mostly) strongly depend on maps.

this is what i see when i browse games: public ctf in europe mainly takes place on non premium servers.
    and within the last months the list shrinked to 1/3.
    why?
    the map rotation forced non premiums to have only 2-3 competitive maps for a whole month. just boring.
    the map voting couldn't even assure that one of them would be available as next map. just annoying.

i am so bored by this, that i even started playing strategy games. is that what syncerror ment by saying there will have to be an adjustment period?

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smackahontas View Post
    man, YMCMB, can't you just realize that the new map voting is crap and the majority dislikes it?
    like any other thread about this topic, this one is full of you commenting on people that dislike the update.
    we got about 550 players that signed against a few (mostly subscribers) that unsigned.
    the reason is that the gametypes beside clan arena (now guess what YMCMB plays mostly) strongly depend on maps.

this is what i see when i browse games: public ctf in europe mainly takes place on non premium servers.
    and within the last months the list shrinked to 1/3.
    why?
    the map rotation forced non premiums to have only 2-3 competitive maps for a whole month. just boring.
    the map voting couldn't even assure that one of them would be available as next map. just annoying.

i am so bored by this, that i even started playing strategy games. is that what syncerror ment by saying there will have to be an adjustment period?
    You do realize that the people in support of the update have nothing to gain by posting, right? All posting gives them is harassment from the people that are against the update. However, the people complaining (for some reason) think that if they complain enough that id will switch back to how it was. They've stated that they have no plans on reverting back several times, but people still complain because they think it could possibly help something.

Now, I realize that in YMCMB's case it's a little easier to tell that he mainly plays CA with duel being the second most played. However, go take a look at my profile. According to the page, CA is my most played gametype, with CTF being 2nd. However, I've played maybe 20 CA games in the past year. Just because the page says one thing it doesn't mean that's necessarily the truth.

In case you missed the relation of that last sentence: Just because you can see the people on the forum complaining, that doesn't mean that there's not an equal amount of supporters. You can't just assume something when the entire population isn't taken account for.

+ Reply to Thread