+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 75 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to remove the inability to select maps in free servers/return to last patch.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by str00 View Post
    I'm not a fan of this restriction but i can live with this, since i can play on premium servers too. However i would allow callvote map option for empty servers, just because: when i want to play a quick (public) game and find out there is only empty servers of the game mode what i want to play and each server has a map that no one plays, means not many players will join the server, so basically what i need to do is just wait for the map change before joining. So why not allow the player to change the map while there is no one else on the server?
    You'd then have people going around to every server changing it to a "bad map" to ruin the game.
    Alternatively, you'd have people making the same map in different servers, and then the people would hop around to continue playing the same map.

Senior Member runny is on a distinguished road
    perhaps if a server has no active players on it for 20-30 minutes or something it auto changes map...

*benje
    So they have made a profit; Good news and no worrying then? Hopefully for everyone this system does work then, that it proves reliable. And people for sure will re-subscribe after there years worth of subscription, (I assume a year is the most popular option to pay for because of value).

Junior Member americannon is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by YMCMB View Post
    The only ones that hate this update are freeloaders and people that still haven't discovered there's a friend list.
    Meanwhile this forum is saturated with complaints from paying customers who hate map rotation and the obvious reduction in people playing the game...

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by americannon View Post
    Meanwhile this forum is saturated with complaints from paying customers who hate map rotation and the obvious reduction in people playing the game...
    saturated = at most 20 premium/pro users, out of more than 100,000 players according to qlranks. You are not the one to complain though as you are a standard user, and since you are a tier1/tier2 almost exclusively ca player there are lots of servers to choose from at your location (right now 15 tier3/tier4 in the US, weekday and not peak hour).

Actually qlranks creator a couple days ago confirmed on esr their duel tracking graph wasn't working correctly for months, so all that silly 4k to 1k out of nowhere speculation is dismissed (before it showed it was stable 4k the entire week then 1k for the whole next one, and repeat all over again for months).
    He also posted the daily amounts of duels, the mod that was hit the hardest map-wise, only decreased by 20%. That's a fair price to pay considering the game can still be up and that people now play more things than ztn on standard servers.

edit: and anyway it's already solved (#595). No point in continuing this thread with a petition as silly as asking french fries and vodka to be free.
    Last edited by megaman3; 10-23-2012 at 05:32 PM.

Member str00 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    You'd then have people going around to every server changing it to a "bad map" to ruin the game.
    Alternatively, you'd have people making the same map in different servers, and then the people would hop around to continue playing the same map.
    Well, that happens already. When a "bad map" is loaded, many of the players will disconnect at once. The only difference is that the disconnected players remain disconnected...

Quote Originally Posted by runnyunder
    perhaps if a server has no active players on it for 20-30 minutes or something it auto changes map...
    I think it is there already, but not sure how long it takes.

Junior Member cheetahhh is on a distinguished road
    honestly I will never support this business tactic of crippling and limiting the free users until they pay extortionate prices, and i'm pretty sure everyone else will get sick of it too.

good luck keeping up active players and profits in the long run guys.

*A1phaCorE
    /signed

It feels like extortion: "if u want it back u have to pay for it !"

Senior Member TSEliot is on a distinguished road TSEliot's Avatar
    yeah a business extorting money out of you for their product

*Mtheory
    /signed /signed /signed

+ Reply to Thread