+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to remove the inability to select maps in free servers/return to last patch.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Maim View Post
    After dipping in and out of QL for a while I thought i'd give it a proper go this time, only to find the it had all changed! If i was completely new to the game and didn't have that nostalgia factor I'd just give up on it and never look back. This update can only lead to one thing!

/signed
    For paying customers it's better than ever. The game hasn't changed for the worse, and you are $24 away to get the whole thing. It's not like all content and players disappeared: they are just hiding on premium servers.

Junior Member simio7331 is on a distinguished road
    /signed

greedyness took over, they were probably looking at the $$$ they would make if they screwed all the free players over without realizing they were really hurting themselves. They should look at Valve's business model, they give away full games for free such as TF2, the community grows and everyone is happy. Even Bohemia interactive, they basically gave ArmA 2 away which brought in thousands of players and awesome mods such as DayZ, I bet their next title ArmA 3 will sell plenty.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by simio7331 View Post
    Even Bohemia interactive, they basically gave ArmA 2 away which brought in thousands of players and awesome mods such as DayZ, I bet their next title ArmA 3 will sell plenty.
    What are you talking about? I'd predict that the majority of people that bought Arma 2: Combined Operations in the past 6 months bought it specifically for DayZ.

Junior Member simio7331 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    What are you talking about? I'd predict that the majority of people that bought Arma 2: Combined Operations in the past 6 months bought it specifically for DayZ.
    Well yeah you can buy that too, I bought Combined Ops personally. my point being is Bohemia gave their game away to satisfy the community here's the link if you don't believe me http://www.arma2.com/free, quakelive should learn from their success rather than trying to milk $$$ by getting people hooked on a free service and then removing features perfectly knowlingly you'll get attached so you'll buy their premium. Its a form of bait and switch, and that's why threads like these exists and have 50 pages of complaints.

Junior Member TheApprentice is on a distinguished road
    I agree - I'm thinking of quitting quake live because I can not find games on good maps or change to them. every time I log on I think of loggin off again because there is nothing decent. I play one or two game and realise that I'm in a cycle of bad maps and log off.

Senior Member Verletzer is on a distinguished road Verletzer's Avatar
    Signed.

At first I really liked this new voting system because it gives pub servers the chance to play other Quake maps you never normally get to play. It gets a little irritating when you play DM6 8/10 games that you play. This update also made 95% of the playerbase rage which is something I always like to witness. But I just came to consciousness and realized that I haven't played Longest Yard in over a month and had a chance to kill my teammates. I want this voting system reverted to the original one as soon as possible.
    I'm the reason we don't have good games.

Junior Member Moonasalhin is on a distinguished road
    /supersnapinstafistbumpsigned

Junior Member newbie_number_1 is on a distinguished road
    ///////signed

Producer SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Verletzer View Post
    But I just came to consciousness and realized that I haven't played Longest Yard in over a month and had a chance to kill my teammates. I want this voting system reverted to the original one as soon as possible.
    /o\ You want the map rotation reverted... so that you can kill your teammates?

Junior Member ILLaGhee is on a distinguished road
    signed
    i agree with lot of posts on here when next year comes round and i have to renew my pro account i dont think i will i like 8v8 games and theres not a chance in hell i can get 8v8 in prem servers i have tried believe me max we get is 4v4 very boring i didnt pay for this option when i signed up so how can they change it mid subscription also half the faces who use to come on have left because of map pool i say to the tight ass holes in my server get your money out but even if you actually go prem pro you still aint going to be able to fill a server as in it dont look very inviting for someone to part with their cash for a product that wont fulfill your needs should do mad sunday where all the full map pool is open to everyone and then people can get a taste of what there missing out on for 6 days of the week.

+ Reply to Thread