+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to remove the inability to select maps in free servers/return to last patch.

Banned BIMNUTZ is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    The part where you play on premium servers instead of the ones entirely set up to cater to the free users, which will always have the free user restrictions on them.
    My point is, why does ID expect "free" users to pay for a product that didn't meet initial expectations detailed by ID itself?

Why should ID expect people to pay for degenerating server hosting, smaller player base and lack of new content?

Why should anyone pay for a product that, through its open forum application, to be able to develop the product to more closely meet it customer demand?

Why should "free" players pay for a product that doesn't deliver on its advertised benefit of "skill matched" base option?

Basically QL has gone no where in what, 3 years? @ it base offering. The goal should be to sucker people into paying for expanded options after there through the "door" with the basic attractive offering.

Its clear that it failed, cause now there cutting down the original advertised gateway product. These guys need a new promotion team who have a clue to product salesmanship.

This "update" has clearly said. "Our plan failed, we made critical mistakes and drove potential player base away. Our revenues are so far down that we have to cut back on the very platform we were going to draw people in on to paying accounts. This is a sinking ship on full panic mode"....Well the last part is my own speculation, LOL! But you know somethings in trouble when it cuts back on its basic product

Member oxo_ is on a distinguished road
    dunno for other game type but public tdm is dead now

Junior Member WizDumb is on a distinguished road
    signed - pro account

Junior Member dietek is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    The part where you play on premium servers instead of the ones entirely set up to cater to the free users, which will always have the free user restrictions on them.
    you mean the premium servers that no one plays on? you mean the premium servers that my friends aren't even able to play on if they dont pay quake live monthly?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Signed.

10chars

Junior Member Cr0nus is on a distinguished road
    I honestly do not understand why someone like Bim even plays this game. You've proven that you have no desire to improve and blame everything around you for your total lack of skill and understanding of the game. With help from other players you have created an environment which masks that lack of skill and provided you a place to play with friends, however, you are sitting here complaining about the subscription system which is what gave you the opportunity to play in such a server in the first place. Of all people I would think you would praise the subscription system and the flexibility it adds to the game. Also, as many have pointed out the revenue generated by Quake Live has fallen short of expectations which in turn has hurt the development resources put towards the game. Instead of maybe doing your part to help this problem by subscribing and working to bring more people to the game you come to the forums and complain.

As I mentioned before in this thread. In an effort to both make the current player base a little happier and a Premium subscription a little more attractive. Allow Premium/Pro accounts the ability to /CV MAP at the start of a match. You could possibly put a time limit on voting for maps where one would have to wait 3 minutes after the current map had been loaded before calling the vote. edit: The 3 minute wait period would also allow a Premium/Pro user the ability to go to an empty server and /CV MAP providing that server had been sitting vacant for 3+ minutes.

Or just keep it the same and Ill spawn more servers. Add me if you want an invite =)
    Last edited by Cr0nus; 07-25-2012 at 07:36 AM.

Junior Member dietek is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Cr0nus View Post

Allow Premium/Pro accounts the ability to /CV MAP at the start of a match. )
    This would resolve the majority of my complaints. I feel that premium subscriptions are getting shafted here by not being able to chose what map they want to play (where they could in the past) without knowing a PRO user. If premium users could cv map at match start or even callvote map in empty servers to start a game where people will play, that would solve a lot of complaints. I'm kinda peeved that I have a subscription account that can now do LESS than it could in the past. If i would have known that this would have been the case, I would have not subscribed to begin with.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dietek View Post
    This would resolve the majority of my complaints. I feel that premium subscriptions are getting shafted here by not being able to chose what map they want to play (where they could in the past) without knowing a PRO user. If premium users could cv map at match start or even callvote map in empty servers to start a game where people will play, that would solve a lot of complaints. I'm kinda peeved that I have a subscription account that can now do LESS than it could in the past. If i would have known that this would have been the case, I would have not subscribed to begin with.
    for the umteenth time that is not true.
    The standard servers run with a standard level set up for the free players.
    There are premium level servers for the premium users where you can still callvote all you like. You do not need to use Pro spawned servers.
    You are restricting yourselves by playing on restricted servers.

*DiMiTRiY
    Quote Originally Posted by c3 View Post
    I disagree.

You can start your own server, those of whom that pay of course. You can launch your own match with your own preferences. This is a good thing. There are more servers running to combat the fact that we can't call vote the maps we want. This adds more diversity and makes the game more fun to play.

This promotes a feature that most of us neglect, to start our own SERVER. I believe this to be an indirect repercussion, but Quake Live as it was, was simply not working. The game is dying fast (Believe it, it is), and it makes no sense to support a now limited community who only seem to complain rather than offer solutions.

Keep in mind, you can still launch your own Quake 3 server, right? If you don't like it, play Quake 3, or another game for that matter. Look at the bigger picture and realize that this game is 10+ years old and changes need to be made to keep the game going and potentially help this game grow back to its original popularity.

We're talking about 'call vote for a map.' This won't be the end of Quake Live, likely the contrary .

-T
    Of course the game has to evolve but to what extent. This is not the way to go to make the game more popular.
    Most of the changes the Dev team does are good, but this is one of the most stupid things they've ever done. Most of the maps that are played professionally gets singled out and instead you get to play some of the maps that you've almost never heard of... and that doesn't make it more fun and it doesn't add a good kind of diversity only frustration.

Sure these kind of changes will probably attract new players to the game... but what about the people that
    have been playing this game for +10 years... I think these kind of changes will make most of those players jump ship...
    and that's even worse for a "dying" game... Cuz most of those people are the paying customers.

Change isn't always good... work on the little things and don't change to much and this game will live for at least another 10years.

/signed
    Last edited by DiMiTRiY; 07-25-2012 at 08:02 AM.

Junior Member onLooSe is on a distinguished road onLooSe's Avatar
    /signed!
    and i have a question... Can I sue ID Software for murdering my best friend? ;( - QUAKE ;(
    If you never played Quake Duel and won during an ACTUAL earthQUAKE and checking your stack, wondering if you took direct rocket or something... ... well... you never actually played QUAKE! -
    5.8 on Richter Magnitude Scale - 22.05.2012 03:00 AM - Sofia, Bulgaria

+ Reply to Thread