+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 75 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to remove the inability to select maps in free servers/return to last patch.

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YourOlympicHer0 View Post
    Eliminate free-play and make the game subscriber-only.

**** or get off the pot, devs. Stop sitting on the fence.
    They're not sitting on the fence. It's called sampling - who's going to pay for something before they've tried it? Very few people, that's what. That's why most software studios see the importance in releasing demo/trial versions to improve their sales.

Senior Member muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Endofall View Post
    /signed...

i bet the next idiotic idea will be deleting Campgrounds from the game...
    One thing is 100 % certain.........it won`t be in next months map pool lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Friedman
    All flying saucers are UFO`s not all UFO`s are flying saucers.

Member magnedyne is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan86 View Post
    Exactly this. Cutting back on an offering rarely goes without conflict even when you're not paying! Freeloaders have come to somehow expect and feel entitled to having all the maps they want now, it's like they feel they've earned the right to it just for being themselves. This change should have been done when 'going live'.

The problem isn't the update, it's the selfish culture of a few people who play the game. This thread proves it - the idea people have (not just here, but in modern, Westernized society) that they can start a petition against anything that they don't agree with and have it changed to suit them, like the world revolves around their own ideals.
    In a modern market place, the world DOES revolve around the proverbial "me", because of choices. If iD does not cater to their clientèle, then they do not have a product because no one will buy it. Would-be customers will go elsewhere.

This is all very simple:

Has the update been a net positive? If yes, continue. If not, do something else.

The lack of Dev interaction here speaks volumes (and make no mistake, they are reading the comments). This leads me to assume that the update has been a net negative. That conclusion appears to be corroborated by fewer people playing the game.

At this point I find it hilarious that someone at iD is hoping against hope that this somehow turns around, despite all the writing on the wall. Classic denial. The ego of the individual(s) making these decisions must be massive to withstand the withering criticisms, both public and private.

To them, I would say you should have been a prize fighter, because at least you still win something even when you lose. However, in the world of entrepreneurial business, that is rarely the case.

I think the door is finally beginning to close on QL, and it could have been avoided.

Junior Member Quasiivxx is on a distinguished road Quasiivxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by magnedyne View Post
    In a modern market place, the world DOES revolve around the proverbial "me", because of choices. If iD does not cater to their clientèle, then they do not have a product because no one will buy it. Would-be customers will go elsewhere.

This is all very simple:

Has the update been a net positive? If yes, continue. If not, do something else.

The lack of Dev interaction here speaks volumes (and make no mistake, they are reading the comments). This leads me to assume that the update has been a net negative. That conclusion appears to be corroborated by fewer people playing the game.

At this point I find it hilarious that someone at iD is hoping against hope that this somehow turns around, despite all the writing on the wall. Classic denial. The ego of the individual(s) making these decisions must be massive to withstand the withering criticisms, both public and private.

To them, I would say you should have been a prize fighter, because at least you still win something even when you lose. However, in the world of entrepreneurial business, that is rarely the case.

I think the door is finally beginning to close on QL, and it could have been avoided.
    They were probably losing money which would eventually lead to them shutting down QL... And also the activity in premium servers was dead before this patch because all the premium/pro users were playing in publics (myself included) - this change might fix that...

Think of the free to play as a demo. If you like Quake and want it to continue / and you want all the features then pay for it to support it. It's not expensive...
    IMPRESSIVE

Senior Member Chibers will become famous soon enough Chibers's Avatar
    I'm going to be running a 16 player TX FFA with callvote enabled for a while. I rarely use my server hosting so as long as there's a desire for it I'll keep it going.

http://www.quakelive.com/r/join/7093...9-44fe81b0abf5

I can't really do anything about the map pool without setting the server up as Premium, but at least you can callvote your way around it.
    #TATW
    It's more fun when you're mellow

Quote Originally Posted by Quasiivxx View Post
    They were probably losing money which would eventually lead to them shutting down QL... And also the activity in premium servers was dead before this patch because all the premium/pro users were playing in publics (myself included) - this change might fix that...

Think of the free to play as a demo. If you like Quake and want it to continue / and you want all the features then pay for it to support it. It's not expensive...
    I do/did pay for it and have a subscription until March 2013.

But yesterday I cancelled renewal because of this update.

iD needs to reverse course or they won't even have free players to generate revenue from ad impressions.

This has been a colossal mistake.

Senior Member muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman's Avatar

I haven`t noticed any decline in the EU,in fact ive noticed a few names that haven`t played for a while returned after this update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Friedman
    All flying saucers are UFO`s not all UFO`s are flying saucers.

Quote Originally Posted by muckyman View Post
    I haven`t noticed any decline in the EU,in fact ive noticed a few names that haven`t played for a while returned after this update.
    I'm not calling you a liar, but if you browse through other threads there's a ratio of at least 10:1 contradicting your statement.

In fact, EU/AUS looks to be most impacted.

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    Vigilanteville, Moderation State, The World.
    imo FFA and CTF look about the same as always, TDM looks even deader than it already was and duel seems a little quiet. No idea on how many CA servers there were before...that's in EU

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    I'm not calling you a liar, but if you browse through other threads there's a ratio of at least 10:1 contradicting your statement.

In fact, EU/AUS looks to be most impacted.
    That means nothing as to what's been said on the forum. Not 100% of the playerbase has commented on it -- the majority of the people have been 1/2 post count people, which highly suggests some, if not most, are the same person.

+ Reply to Thread