+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 75 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 750

Thread: Petition to remove the inability to select maps in free servers/return to last patch.

  1. #171
    Senior Member quakestreme is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,637
    *signs*

    I have premium and will cancel next month if this isn't reverted. I don't have confidence in id anymore.

    At least allow premium/pro players to vote on standard servers.

    What the heck point is there in not allowing that? It doesn't make any sense.
    Last edited by quakestreme; 07-28-2012 at 11:25 PM.
    Aways ensure you are maintaining a high FPS rate in QL. Otherwise you can be at a big disadvantage. To find out your current fps rate, use the command: "set cg_drawfps "1"".

  2. #172
    Member n8_Mills is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by quakestreme View Post

    At least allow premium/pro players to vote on standard servers.
    Thank you!

  3. #173
    Senior Member kristus is on a distinguished road kristus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    165
    I think id made a great move here. Unfortunalely, they should've done it long ago.

  4. #174
    Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,204
    Quote Originally Posted by kristus View Post
    I think id made a great move here. Unfortunalely, they should've done it long ago.
    Exactly this. Cutting back on an offering rarely goes without conflict even when you're not paying! Freeloaders have come to somehow expect and feel entitled to having all the maps they want now, it's like they feel they've earned the right to it just for being themselves. This change should have been done when 'going live'.

    The problem isn't the update, it's the selfish culture of a few people who play the game. This thread proves it - the idea people have (not just here, but in modern, Westernized society) that they can start a petition against anything that they don't agree with and have it changed to suit them, like the world revolves around their own ideals.

  5. #175
    Member EyesX is on a distinguished road EyesX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan86 View Post
    Exactly this. Cutting back on an offering rarely goes without conflict even when you're not paying! Freeloaders have come to somehow expect and feel entitled to having all the maps they want now, it's like they feel they've earned the right to it just for being themselves. This change should have been done when 'going live'.

    The problem isn't the update, it's the selfish culture of a few people who play the game. This thread proves it - the idea people have (not just here, but in modern, Westernized society) that they can start a petition against anything that they don't agree with and have it changed to suit them, like the world revolves around their own ideals.
    Still in that lap...

  6. #176
    *BifrOstic
    Guest
    agred !! , i'm gonna quit ql for ever ...!

    please , return to last patch

  7. #177
    Junior Member Killerfisk is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    for the umteenth time that is not true.
    The standard servers run with a standard level set up for the free players.
    There are premium level servers for the premium users where you can still callvote all you like. You do not need to use Pro spawned servers.
    You are restricting yourselves by playing on restricted servers.
    This patch is a big negative for premium users. Sure, you can join a premium user, but then you'll have to wait an hour to actually find a match due to the lack of premium players. It's hard as it is to find a game. The following maps should NEVER be removed from the map pool: ztn, t7, dm13.
    This is somewhat good for pro users, that's about it. This bubble will burst, this is the kind of **** I'd expect from realtime worlds.

    Bring back ztn, t7 and dm13 at least, nobody cares about the other maps
    /signed pro user. I don't want this game to die.



    Quote Originally Posted by quakestreme View Post
    At least allow premium/pro players to vote on standard servers.
    Or this, at least.

  8. #178
    Junior Member Jasterrr is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6
    /signed

    I do not like this big change, but I will play the game anyway. However, I think that number of players (standard and premiums) will fall throughout month or two. Whoever says that this is fantastic move he is wrong. Majority of Quake players (at least 90%) don't like variety, they like to play 4-5 maps per gametype and they're enjoying. Majority of people like free stuff and don't like paying. Majority of standard Quake players who like this game won't upgrade to premium. I am in that majority and although I like this game very much and have money to buy premium I won't do it cause it is theft (which is another topic). If new system stays players will find alternate solution (another game) and leave QL.
    Last edited by Jasterrr; 07-29-2012 at 12:23 PM.

  9. #179
    Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,204
    Quote Originally Posted by EyesX View Post
    Still in that lap...
    Hey pal, Id Software need more people to subscribe for the game to be profitable. Instead of being part of the problem, be part of the solution. So what solution(s) do you propose?

  10. #180
    Member YourOlympicHer0 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan86 View Post
    Hey pal, Id Software need more people to subscribe for the game to be profitable. Instead of being part of the problem, be part of the solution. So what solution(s) do you propose?
    Eliminate free-play and make the game subscriber-only.

    **** or get off the pot, devs. Stop sitting on the fence.

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts