+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 75 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to remove the inability to select maps in free servers/return to last patch.

*Napastnik
    Goodbye my Quake Love Live

*orlando
    I don't understand how you can say there's no one to play with. One of the best features of quakelive is the ability to have them on a list and quickly join them. There is always people I can jump in game with. Why aren't people using the features offered that will increase their playability?

*mon0
    Try to find a filled Premium Server in CTF....Nearly all buddys who are premium still play on piblic servers, cause premium server are empty as dead.

Junior Member cha0z_ is on a distinguished road
    I am a premium player and I really think that what id did is wrong.
    /signed

Member n8_Mills is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    No, don't believe the person that can read the numbers...that'd just be silly. Just because you see people posting on the forum that doesn't mean anything. If literally 100% of the players read and posted on the forum, then you'd have an accurate visual. However, the forum tends to pull towards the negative attitudes that like to whine about everything.
    Somebody doesn't know how statistics work. Do a little research on sample size and you will understand that a small fraction of a population is enough to yield an accurate impression of a population's behavior. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampling_%28statistics%29

*pets fluffy kitten*

Question

/signed.

I am taking a sociology class and just got to the part in my textbook about "The Free-Rider Problem" This is interesting because it may well be what precipitated this change. Therefore, I am willing to pay a subscription fee IF previously public maps are added back into the public rotation (Hidden Fortress, Longest Yard, Almost Lost, etc), and if map voting is re-activated in public servers, at least for a portion of maps (they could rotate every game, for instance, a warm-up phase voting system that allows selection of 9 maps instead of the initial 3). It wasn't broken before, so why go fixing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    for the umpteenth time that is not true.
    The standard servers run with a standard level set up for the free players.
    There are premium level servers for the premium users where you can still callvote all you like. You do not need to use Pro spawned servers.
    You are restricting yourselves by playing on restricted servers.
    You are hiding behind semantics. A majority of the population are probably standard players and therefore the standard servers are most played, and therefore this is where premium and pro players are most likely to play. Why not allow players different functionalities based on their membership level, instead of by the server they are in? Seems like a more flexible solution.

Junior Member Katmay is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by cha0z_ View Post
    I am a premium player and I really think that what id did is wrong.
    /signed
    ^^^^^

10char

Junior Member spunmonkey74 is on a distinguished road
    im not renewing my premuim to it was back the way it was

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    because aside from cosmetic tweaks that no-one uses because they all picmip 6+ and forcemodels, the only option left is to give people things that would be an actual advantage in the game, and they won't do that, or give them server options vote more maps etc) but then that is giving functionality away to the free players again, so they have even less incentive to ever upgrade, they just wait for the one local always-on addict to turn up that day inevitably and vote whatever maps they want.

So we end up here, where they're obviously trying things to get paying customers to use the paid servers and have all functionality.
    They probably hope free customers will probably end up in the minority like those stuck on 1.16n demo servers with very few maps back in Q3A days. It's impossible to monetise the free players, so they have to treat that like a demo release and put their efforts into premium+.

Honestly, I don't like it, but that's the part of me that wants everyone to be able to play all the maps for free forever. Unfortunately reality is someone has to pay for it somewhere down the line, so somehow they have to make premium work, or close everything.
    Last edited by Yakumo; 07-26-2012 at 09:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread