+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 75 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to remove the inability to select maps in free servers/return to last patch.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbulence View Post
    /Signed. it was better before to be able to vote for maps please for March after 6 months of trying this method could we admit we've tried it and it aint the best way forward and either go back to the old way or try something else Thanks for trying something though it does'nt hurt to try. maybe the servers could have been split to test and try stuff so that we could see the difference rather than have stuff forced Freedom of Choice FTW !
    But it is the best way. Devs and id software staff itself implied this is the reason why the game is still up and running, expressly saying the game is sort of healthy now directly because of rotation+noCV (which is practically forcing everyday players to pay but leaving once a month players with the option) and that is not going to change soon.

Last time they wrote the latter was....2 days ago.
    http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...l=1#post252605

People that pay for the game still have freedom of choice and objectively the game is better for paying customers than it used to be before, with more people playing on premium servers, more and better online competition than before, not all public games are ca on dm6 now.

And as you probably know by now, in life freedom = paying = money. You have to pay to own a yacht or french fries: there isn't a constitutional right to that and both can't be paid with good will or complaining, just like there isn't and you can't in QL.
    It's not like you sit at the front of a starbucks and say "I demand $24 of free coffee every year". You just pay for it, probably by going there 4 days (4 coffees and stuff. At most 2 hours of enjoyment) instead of 365 days of QL (hundreds of hours of enjoyment).
    Last edited by megaman3; 02-13-2013 at 02:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Junior Member FraKctured is on a distinguished road
    i agree signed

Junior Member reelbk is on a distinguished road
    Just logged in yesterday after a hiatus, ready to play, invite some buddies to join, but lo and behold, no map selection. That just kills it. Everyone wants to start out with maps they know and move into newer ones at will. This kills it for my casual quake buddies, and essentially me. :/

Junior Member Tasuja is on a distinguished road
    really sad with current game state, seems like they really want this game to die...
    /sign

Junior Member Zyteck is on a distinguished road
    /signed off course .
    Come on you guys are ruining the game = more people going to other game . A lot of my ingame friend went back to UT , to Q3 and in the worst case shootmania ! Oh and i prefer to pay 100 euro for the complete game that to pay for the subscription of quake live think about that :P

Senior Member Ph4nt0m is on a distinguished road Ph4nt0m's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    But it is the best way. Devs and id software staff itself implied this is the reason why the game is still up and running, expressly saying the game is sort of healthy now directly because of rotation+noCV (which is practically forcing everyday players to pay but leaving once a month players with the option) and that is not going to change soon.

Last time they wrote the latter was....2 days ago.
    http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...l=1#post252605

People that pay for the game still have freedom of choice and objectively the game is better for paying customers than it used to be before, with more people playing on premium servers, more and better online competition than before, not all public games are ca on dm6 now.

And as you probably know by now, in life freedom = paying = money. You have to pay to own a yacht or french fries: there isn't a constitutional right to that and both can't be paid with good will or complaining, just like there isn't and you can't in QL.
    It's not like you sit at the front of a starbucks and say "I demand $24 of free coffee every year". You just pay for it, probably by going there 4 days (4 coffees and stuff. At most 2 hours of enjoyment) instead of 365 days of QL (hundreds of hours of enjoyment).
    Listen to this guy, he speaks the truth.
    The mighty oak was once a little nut that stood it's ground

Junior Member reelbk is on a distinguished road
    Eh, I re-subbed anyway. The drug is too strong.

Senior Member Mr_Bombadil1 is on a distinguished road
    lol yeah same, i gave in

and you know what, regardless of my thoughts on the matter, i'm really glad i did.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 02-20-2013 at 03:17 PM.

Junior Member Sharper is on a distinguished road
    /Signed!!!

Senior Member DEICIDE is on a distinguished road
    /signed
    And I'll sign again if needed. The fact that we're here reading and writing means that the game doesn't make us happy enough. And Q3/OSP/CPMA did.

+ Reply to Thread