+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 75 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to remove the inability to select maps in free servers/return to last patch.

Senior Member Verletzer is on a distinguished road Verletzer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danstar View Post
    one things companies like to do is like when u buy a new car, let you be the one to find out what the flaws are.
    You should buy a car from a company that you like and trust.
    I'm the reason we don't have good games.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    everything has its flaws, companies save themselves work by not testing out everything - instead they release it and their customers will report in the fails, it doesnt matter which brand.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    It's not like it's anything bad if people actually take steps to do something about it instead of just whining. I mean seriously...1 Pro friend can nearly populate a server with Standards...and then they can callvote whatever they want.
    too many people stopped playing, maps are collecting dust. i mentioned it all before and these things wont change, we (ctfers) have to play what they offer as standard mappool, and on prem only elitists join and play 3-5 maps, the diversity people mention isnt better this way, its a lot worse and thats something that wont do the community any good. theres so many good posts by ikaruga, metapsy among others and some people in this very thread and other threads (cba to dig em all up now) about all of it.

Senior Member Smilecythe is on a distinguished road Smilecythe's Avatar
    I think the idea of map pool is still reasonable, but not being able to pick one of those maps on your free will with a vote is just beyond me.

*Embrosio
    Quote Originally Posted by Verletzer View Post
    You should buy a car from a company that you like and trust.
    Or you could even buy a car from a company which your friend recommends, since he had a good experience with a car from that same company.

doesnt matter what someone recommends really, you have to find it out yourself to know it, thats why there is something called a gray-theory ...

and smilecythe, you're a ca player, those are pretty much the only ones who dont have to complain cus the playerbase is the biggest for that lol - mode.

*Icey_Pain
    Quote Originally Posted by Danstar View Post
    and smilecythe, you're a ca player, those are pretty much the only ones who dont have to complain cus the playerbase is the biggest for that lol - mode.
    So it's CA bashing time now?

You really think that the only arguments that a CA player can bring forth is that there are not enough players playing any given map? It goes further than that. Free CA players lack the option to play a map twice, or play the maps they like. Mappools already limit the amount of maps you can play, having a faulty voting system reduces the options you have even more. Resulting in tons of games on maps you might even hate.

While I have to admit that it's rather effective at forcefully recommending you to pay, it seriously seems like something that scares away many new players, well before they plan to invest in this game.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey_Pain View Post

You really think that the only arguments that a CA player can bring forth is that there are not enough players playing any given map? It goes further than that. Free CA players lack the option to play a map twice, or play the maps they like. Mappools already limit the amount of maps you can play, having a faulty voting system reduces the options you have even more. Resulting in tons of games on maps you might even hate.

While I have to admit that it's rather effective at forcefully recommending you to pay, it seriously seems like something that scares away many new players, well before they plan to invest in this game.
    I'm pretty sure that he's just saying that because he's a CA player he doesn't have as much to complain about because there's about 3 times the servers than other gametypes.

Quote Originally Posted by Icey_Pain View Post

doesnt just scare away new ones.. lots of people i know are barely if even, there at all anymore - if that means nothing to the playerbase then ok.

and no im not bashing ca players, but im bashing the ones that are opinionated without having a look at the bigger picture.

and thx pika, ur right.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    IMO new players can't be driven away; they don't even know what they miss and shouldn't have preferences (for dm6 for instance) already set. It's the old standard players whom are at risk.

+ Reply to Thread