+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 75 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to remove the inability to select maps in free servers/return to last patch.

Member sekular is on a distinguished road

Bring back callvote map

Bring back callvote map for public games. Whose genius idea was it to force people to use thee same maps over and over? I bet the justification was, this will force players to use more diverse maps. Ironically we just end up playing the same maps over and over and get stuck playing maps like industrial accident and inner sanctums which is an instant quit for me.

Senior Member intheway will become famous soon enough intheway's Avatar
    Only 10 more days to go until the next map rotation change. I'm hoping dm17 will be back in the ffa rotation.
    Sometimes I wonder...
    "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"
    Then it hits me.

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    OP, there must be literally 100's of other threads on the exact same subject. Why on earth make yet another one to spam the forums with?

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan86 View Post
    OP, there must be literally 100's of other threads on the exact same subject. Why on earth make yet another one to spam the forums with?
    My guess is because people don't understand how a forum works (Honestly, I don't understand how that's possible) and then they don't read the rules before posting.

Senior Member runny is on a distinguished road
    there is call vote on public games... when join a public pro spawned server

*Icey_Pain
    Simple, id software has very little communication with it's community through the forums. Most of the very important questions remain unanswered. One topic will just disappear in the crowd of other topics, while important topics that are spammed atleast gain some attention.

So if they want to improve the quality of the content in the forums, they should spend some time communicating with their community.

Member str00 is on a distinguished road
    I'm not a fan of this restriction but i can live with this, since i can play on premium servers too. However i would allow callvote map option for empty servers, just because: when i want to play a quick (public) game and find out there is only empty servers of the game mode what i want to play and each server has a map that no one plays, means not many players will join the server, so basically what i need to do is just wait for the map change before joining. So why not allow the player to change the map while there is no one else on the server?

Senior Member Verletzer is on a distinguished road Verletzer's Avatar
    Code:
    [11:17] <Verletzer> I hope they remove that voting system
    [11:17] <Verletzer> It blows.
    [11:17] <Verletzer> But knowing them they'll keep it
    [11:17] <@sponge> its not going away
    [11:18] <Verletzer> And what about those ****ty map cycles?
    [11:18] <@sponge> nothing is changing in that regard considering its been the most successful at getting premium cativity up ever in ql' shistory
    Welp, these map cycles are here to stay. Might as well close this thread and ban everyone in it.
    I'm the reason we don't have good games.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    shistory

Everyone should read that last message. Fact is it is successful both from a business perspective (they can't keep losing money on this project) and on the players side for subscribers, as people actually use their pro and premium accounts now so it's more entertaining.

The only ones that hate this update are freeloaders and people that still haven't discovered there's a friend list.
    Last edited by megaman3; 10-23-2012 at 01:24 PM.

Junior Member dSaster is on a distinguished road
    I would Start 10000 more threads to get away this standart and premium map pool.
    Premium should not contain special maps!!! and everyone should be able to vote every map he likes!!!
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 10-23-2012 at 04:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread