+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to remove the inability to select maps in free servers/return to last patch.

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    /no sign

As a pro user, this'll make pro spawned servers more popular and so make me use the feature more often that Im paying for. Free users can still have the good old callvoting days by joining a pro-spawned standard server or as before by getting an invite to play on a premium one.

It adds value to the subscriptions which makes them more tempting for people to upgrade.

Sure it's a kick in the teeth for players who are used to getting the whole shebang for free, since they've now lost out a little but they still get a great game for free but with some added restrictions however they also gain the ability to access all of the maps from time to time.

Also for the people claiming that 'Quake 3 was free after you initially bought it' FFS the servers weren't free. With this business model, instead of generous people voluntarily running servers 24/7 that you could play on 'for free' it's now id who run the majority of the servers 24/7 - this change is putting it closer to how it used to be with id now running some slightly gypped servers whilst the majority will end up being run by community members. I'm 99.9% sure there will be pro users running 24/7 DM6 in no-time at all - all you need to do it befriend one and get invites (which using the greasemonkey script is as easy as getting on his friendlist and sending 'invite' as a message to them.)

Junior Member Cr0nus is on a distinguished road
    just make it so only paying customers can /cv map otherwise the standard users play whats in the pool or get off their wallets and support the game.

Senior Member SHAKEANDBAKE has a little shameless behaviour in the past
    1 word = STUPID!

Banned BIMNUTZ is an unknown quantity at this point
    Signed!........Yeah, and till this stupid stunt, I was tempted to pony up the dough for a scrip cause I was loving the modes I've been playing since the last good update letting my buddies build the cool servers they've done.

The issues with QL that have kept my money away from it are more to do with the lack of anticheats and unstable server hosting causing my playability to go down over the last 2 years. Plus the devistating decision to let players who were in T5 in beta to double down tier in all game types if I remember correctly, to T3. Then eliminating T5 and still letting those players play against T3 in CTF.

As a lot of my buddies have done, pay for an "investment" to come to fruition in the future by supporting QL financially while getting little in return, I've not been willing to do up till the previous update.

As it stands now I'm back to doubting the ability of ID in steering QL in a successful direction and am with holding any financial support with this latest update.

@ PIKA. That is the most pathetic attempt @ proving a point I've seen in a long time. Were supposed to take your copied word that's legit? Right!

Read this all and tell me if it makes any sense in the proper use of the English language....And I'm not that good @ this stuff....But I'm not pretending to have written conversations with the top people of a company. here it is....

"08:48.15 <[BA]PqO> SyncError|home you know this step is so many users Left in ql and play other game?
    08:48.20 <[BA]PqO> Its want you?"

The first line makes no sense! PIKA, I think you wrote that yourself and posted it here thinking we'd fall for it and believe its real.....So you gotta post a link were we can independently verify you're not making this conversation up!

Yeah, LORFA, I'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist....But I never believe something posted online unless I can verify it with as many crdible and independent sources as possible, LOL!

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by My irc client
    [07:47] <[BA]PqO> man why changed Vote system
    [07:47] <jonas_> Nobody pika
    [07:47] <pikaluva13> SyncError|home: They're being all butthurt about the voting 010
    [07:47] <Samja> Understandable.
    [07:47] <jonas_> No pika it is just the thruth
    [07:47] <[BA]PqO> That only its nice for ql
    [07:47] <[BA]PqO> vote all map
    [07:47] <jonas_> there will be less and less games played
    [07:47] <[BA]PqO> only premim cant
    [07:47] <[BA]PqO> is ok
    [07:47] <@SyncError|home> Yup, there will have to be an adjustment period, we know that.
    [07:47] <jonas_> because the player cant vote the maps they want to play
    [07:48] <jonas_> they are force to play the maps they dont want to
    [07:48] <[BA]PqO> SyncError|home you know this step is so many users Left in ql and play other game?
    [07:48] <[BA]PqO> Its want you?
    [07:48] <pikaluva13> Then maybe they should subscribe/get subscriber friends -_-
    [07:48] <@SyncError|home> If you want to customize your game beyond what standard offers, we offer premium subscriptions.
    [07:48] <erikbjohnson> lets us have the freedom to play the same maps over and over and over
    [07:48] <@SyncError|home> PqO, our player counts were up today, and so were our sales.
    [07:48] <pikaluva13> erikbjohnson: You know...if you subscribe...you can!
    [07:48] <Samja> I'm wondering if you mean players will have to adjust, or you will be doing some kind of adjustment from the system's-perspective.
    [07:48] <@SyncError|home> So many may want to say people are leaving, the numbers don't support that at all atm.
    [07:48] * Jukeboksi (Jukeboksi@cs27080123.pp.htv.fi) has joined channel #quakelive
    [07:48] <Jukeboksi> "standard = no human" is my new bind
    [07:48] <[BA]PqO> Yes
    [07:49] <pikaluva13> I actually saw CTF servers when I got on today
    [07:49] <[BA]PqO> m eto
    [07:49] <[BA]PqO> Standard = no human etc. no vote = no play. GG
    [07:49] <pikaluva13> I'm used to seeing the custom-spawned Space CTF servers
    [07:49] <@SyncError|home> Regardless, we hope that people give it a shot for awhile and get more aquainted with the system.

[07:49] <jonas_> Syncerror|home , you should really go back to the old voting system, cycling the maps is a good idea but forcing players to-play the maps they really dont like.. dunno
    [07:49] <[BA]PqO> Ye
    [07:49] <pikaluva13> No one has a real life gun to their head
    [07:49] <Samja> How can you know.
    [07:49] <[BA]PqO> - Vote Changed Old system ( ONLY VOTEMAP system)
    [07:50] <erikbjohnson> sync: i for one, really like the voting system
    [07:50] <pikaluva13> Well if they do then they have some other issues
    [07:50] <pikaluva13> I like it too
    [07:50] <@SyncError|home> I've callvoted serveral times today to maps.
    [07:50] * Chibers (~QLPrism@rrcs-64-183-167-33.west.biz.rr.com) has joined channel #quakelive
    [07:50] <Chibers> The only thing I don't like is how it somewhat hinders duels. That mode is most affected by the change.
    [07:50] <@SyncError|home> Granted, I was playing on Premium servers.
    [07:50] <Chibers> other than that, I'm in wub.
    [07:50] <pikaluva13> Chibers: Yeah -- STANDARD servers
    [07:50] <vdo> No, he should wait it out, until people calm down. It's always like this, when ever something new happens.
    [07:50] <@SyncError|home> Yup, and hopefully we can improve that Duel experience over time.
    [07:50] <Chibers> 000
    [07:50] <pikaluva13> Speaking of which, Silence is a pretty good map for duel
    [07:51] <pikaluva13> Sucks for CA though 010
    [07:51] <Chibers> I haven't played any of them yet. :<
    [07:51] <vdo> :v
    [07:51] <[BA]PqO> Sync you know hame in world Money ppls and not money ppls' im so not money ppl, im standard and now killing my ql :-(
    [07:51] * Chibers is now known as chibs|CFG
    [07:51] <[BA]PqO> need money 3-4$ / month
    [07:52] <[BA]PqO> only vote system
    [07:52] <[BA]PqO> 003
    [07:52] <@SyncError|home> You can also be invited onto Premium servers, where callvoting is still enabled.
    Ex T5 players cannot join T3 games because T4 players can't downtier in CTF anymore. Anticheat is a coding time expensive feature which will be circumvented in no time at all and since the game's income can only support 2 devs at the moment, I doubt they want to be spending their time on a vanity project which'll be useless in the long run. Sure if QL starts making a ton of money then they could dedicate the money and time needed to continually update an anticheat feature, until then the bans and player reports system works fine. The vast majority of hacking accusations aren't valid.
    Last edited by Phlogiston; 07-25-2012 at 07:34 AM.

Junior Member dietek is on a distinguished road
    /double sign

i am a paying customer and will absolutely not continue my subscription if this isn't fixed by my renewal date

a friend and I were trying to play campgrounds for a couple hours last night before we simply gave up. it doesn't seem fair that you can't even play the content that you want to play and are paying for just because of a new voting system in place.

i really hope that the quakelive admins fix this asap so we can go back to playing what we actually want to play

and i understand that if you pay for pro you can spawn a server with whatever map you want. however, i refuse to purchase a more expensive subscription so that I can play on maps that I could previously play with my old subscription

as much i'd love to keep playing and paying i'm not going to force myself to play on maps that i don't want to play on

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Just because a user on irc asked questions with bad English is no reason to pick on pika..

Junior Member dietek is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    [07:48] <pikaluva13> erikbjohnson: You know...if you subscribe...you can!
    I have premium, but how does this allow me to play the maps I'd like to play on? I can't spawn a server with premium, and premium doesn't allow me any other voting capabilities. It seems like premium is only for "start a clan" and lack of ads. What am I missing?

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dietek View Post
    I have premium, but how does this allow me to play the maps I'd like to play on? I can't spawn a server with premium, and premium doesn't allow me any other voting capabilities. It seems like premium is only for "start a clan" and lack of ads. What am I missing?
    The part where you play on premium servers instead of the ones entirely set up to cater to the free users, which will always have the free user restrictions on them.

Banned BIMNUTZ is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    Just because a user on irc asked questions with bad English is no reason to pick on pika..
    Just looking for verification, LOL! You know how it is.

PIKA can take it, he's a big boy, Haha!

+ Reply to Thread