+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to remove the inability to select maps in free servers/return to last patch.

Junior Member iRook is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfrogs View Post
    08:48.36 <SyncError|home> PqO, our player counts were up today, and so were our sales.

yes, short term sales might go up as people are forced to purchase the ability to vote maps, but in the long term, the community is most likely going to die out. Really ask yourself, how many people out of the current community are going to pay to play in the long term?

08:49.26 <SyncError|home> Regardless, we hope that people give it a shot for awhile and get more aquainted with the system.

Yes, I know, you want people to become used to paying for the ability to select maps. You want to merge all the unpaid players with the paying, in a hope to make some money, because clearly this is NOT about the player, not even a sliver.

08:48.48 <SyncError|home> So many may want to say people are leaving, the numbers don't support that at all atm.

Well, considering there is a thread over here oh and also over here which clearly indicate otherwise. Congratulations, player count was up on a new release of a patch because players are interested to see what the changes are.

The forums don't support what sync is saying, at all. So I don't really take his words seriously at all.
    +12 NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO what are you doing ID, you big dumb dumbs

Junior Member Redfrogs is on a distinguished road
    We've always been able to launch our own server, the problem now is no one is going to fill the games. The australian servers atm are; about 1 unpaid server up that people are continually leaving/joining because of the map selection, and a few paid servers with 1-4 people in them. What a wonderful improvement of the usual 2-3 public servers almost full.

Clearly sync was talking about other regions than Australia.

Junior Member tyryl is on a distinguished road
    08:48.36 <SyncError|home> PqO, our player counts were up today, and so were our sales.
    08:48.48 <SyncError|home> So many may want to say people are leaving, the numbers don't support that at all atm.
    does this Make SyncError the Ben Bernanke of Quakelive?

No, don't believe the person that can read the numbers...that'd just be silly.
    yes, let's "believe" the person who has the most to gain by posting impressive numbers for his service, ignoring nuances obvious to those who have a background in the basics of supply, demand, and markets, instead of looking to actual data. he's like an oracle to you guys, isn't he?! I suggest The New York Times update their "hero" cover page.

(holy crap, I forgot about The Iraqi Information Minister.. man, time flies.)
    Last edited by tyryl; 07-25-2012 at 03:27 AM.

Senior Member nordag is an unknown quantity at this point nordag's Avatar
    Haha, poor standard players. You play for free, so this is what you get. Deal with it.

Suggestions: Premium players should be allowed to vote maps on standard server. Just to annoy standard noobs and feel even more superior than we already are.

Junior Member ark1 is on a distinguished road
    "Wise" ID!

What is your purpose? Kill the game?! Well you move towards! Fewer players from time to time and find this **** out?
    I paid for the game and I still can not change map (public server). What a joke!

The best players are offline! If those ideas are even more players will be offline!

The ping is bad .de servers! Germany, the center server, everyone would play there, because everyone there the best and the ping was bad?

http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/4213/18ms27ms.jpg

All another .de server is 18ms for me, this is only not. What a joke! Give me 18 ms for ql

OR GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY!

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Their purpose is obvious, free players at non youtube user numbers do not cover the costs of the game, subscribers are not actually using the servers they have access to which is bad PR for subscribing and they *need* that to work to continue or we ALL lose the game.
    Last edited by Yakumo; 07-25-2012 at 04:33 AM.

Junior Member 11slddc is on a distinguished road
    not only do people not pay but little is left will go elsewhere! I pay for this game! And now I can not choose the maps that I liked! You change the conditions of play and I do not agree I will see my lawyer to attack you because I no longer the same benefits as before!

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    you still have all the options listed sold to you when you bought them on the servers you paid for (premium).

the standard serves run under the standard settup for all players on them, they can't limit their use for standard players and let premium players circumvent those restrictions for standard players, there has to be a distinction.

Senior Member iKs is on a distinguished road iKs's Avatar
    PRO user and /sign

*spor
    /signed
    Hopefully it gets fixed

+ Reply to Thread