+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 75 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to remove the inability to select maps in free servers/return to last patch.

Junior Member Redfrogs is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up Petition to remove the inability to select maps in free servers/return to last patch.

Firstly, I'm a paying customer.

This really was not a smart choice by the dev team. Not only are you turning paying customers away by giving out the paid maps for free, you're also almost certainly going to lose a vast majority of your playerbase in the free section due to players being forced to play maps that aren't really suited for a 5v5+ CA, and what did you expect to gain? A few thousand dollars at most?

I had a lot of respect for the Quakelive team due to keeping such a wonderful game still alive and beating for free, and allowing gamers from every corner to enjoy such a skillful/fair game. This respect has completely gone as of this patch.

As a paying customer who had no worry paying the small fee, even though I wasn't utilising all the benefits; I will not be renewing my subscription or playing until/if this is fixed, along with my 5 other friends who play regularly, and have played almost since quaklive was up.

/signed.

Junior Member iRook is on a distinguished road
    /sign

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO Bring carmack back, ****'ll be fixed and bumpin within 24 hours

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    /signed***

Junior Member Quasiivxx is on a distinguished road Quasiivxx's Avatar
    I agree, I'm a paying customer also and I'm really annoyed about this update.

It seems this update will cause less people to play which I really dislike.
    I spend the majority of my time playing non-premium servers and this makes them boring with such a limited map selection. I would be fine with the new voting system if it included all of the old maps instead of this new, limited map pool.

Keep Quake alive and fix this before the community dies off... /signed
    IMPRESSIVE

Senior Member DragQueen is on a distinguished road
    /signed
    'Nuff said.

Junior Member Napastnik is on a distinguished road
    I agree

signed
    Just 4 Fun

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by #quakelive
    08:48.15 <[BA]PqO> SyncError|home you know this step is so many users Left in ql and play other game?
    08:48.20 <[BA]PqO> Its want you?
    08:48.36 <SyncError|home> PqO, our player counts were up today, and so were our sales.
    08:48.48 <SyncError|home> So many may want to say people are leaving, the numbers don't support that at all atm.
    08:49.26 <SyncError|home> Regardless, we hope that people give it a shot for awhile and get more aquainted with the system.
    Yup, sure looks like it's dying! </sarcasm>

Junior Member Redfrogs is on a distinguished road
    08:48.36 <SyncError|home> PqO, our player counts were up today, and so were our sales.

yes, short term sales might go up as people are forced to purchase the ability to vote maps, but in the long term, the community is most likely going to die out. Really ask yourself, how many people out of the current community are going to pay to play in the long term?

08:49.26 <SyncError|home> Regardless, we hope that people give it a shot for awhile and get more aquainted with the system.

Yes, I know, you want people to become used to paying for the ability to select maps. You want to merge all the unpaid players with the paying, in a hope to make some money, because clearly this is NOT about the player, not even a sliver.

08:48.48 <SyncError|home> So many may want to say people are leaving, the numbers don't support that at all atm.

Well, considering there is a thread over here oh and also over here which clearly indicate otherwise. Congratulations, player count was up on a new release of a patch because players are interested to see what the changes are.

The forums don't support what sync is saying, at all. So I don't really take his words seriously at all.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfrogs View Post
    The forums don't support what sync is saying, at all. So I don't really take his words seriously at all.
    No, don't believe the person that can read the numbers...that'd just be silly. Just because you see people posting on the forum that doesn't mean anything. If literally 100% of the players read and posted on the forum, then you'd have an accurate visual. However, the forum tends to pull towards the negative attitudes that like to whine about everything.

Senior Member c3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfrogs View Post
    Firstly, I'm a paying customer.

This really was not a smart choice by the dev team. Not only are you turning paying customers away by giving out the paid maps for free, you're also almost certainly going to lose a vast majority of your playerbase in the free section due to players being forced to play maps that aren't really suited for a 5v5+ CA, and what did you expect to gain? A few thousand dollars at most?

I had a lot of respect for the Quakelive team due to keeping such a wonderful game still alive and beating for free, and allowing gamers from every corner to enjoy such a skillful/fair game. This respect has completely gone as of this patch.

As a paying customer who had no worry paying the small fee, even though I wasn't utilising all the benefits; I will not be renewing my subscription or playing until/if this is fixed, along with my 5 other friends who play regularly, and have played almost since quaklive was up.

/signed.
    I disagree.

You can start your own server, those of whom that pay of course. You can launch your own match with your own preferences. This is a good thing. There are more servers running to combat the fact that we can't call vote the maps we want. This adds more diversity and makes the game more fun to play.

This promotes a feature that most of us neglect, to start our own SERVER. I believe this to be an indirect repercussion, but Quake Live as it was, was simply not working. The game is dying fast (Believe it, it is), and it makes no sense to support a now limited community who only seem to complain rather than offer solutions.

Keep in mind, you can still launch your own Quake 3 server, right? If you don't like it, play Quake 3, or another game for that matter. Look at the bigger picture and realize that this game is 10+ years old and changes need to be made to keep the game going and potentially help this game grow back to its original popularity.

We're talking about 'call vote for a map.' This won't be the end of Quake Live, likely the contrary .

-T

+ Reply to Thread